Airbrushing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magical Touch

Reaction score
Hi,

When I airbrush onto a painted nail my stencils keep sticking to the paint and then I have to start all over again... :mad:

I do leave the paint to dry but the stencil still sticks to the polish..

Any ideas of how to solve this I bet it is so simple, i'm not a dummy but not been in the game long, my airbrushing is really quite good as long as they don't want polish underneath.. :idea:

Please help

Many thanks

Michelle

It probably is because your varnish is not dry - how many coats of varnish are you using before airbrushing? I have waited at least 10 minutes for two coats and still it sticks.

Which airbrushing products do you use?

Your best option would be to try and find airbrush colours instead of the varnish the client would require. The only time I use a varnish with airbrushing is when doing a french and then it is only one coat which dries really quickly.

Hope this helps.

naturalnails said:
It probably is because your varnish is not dry - how many coats of varnish are you using before airbrushing? I have waited at least 10 minutes for two coats and still it sticks.

Which airbrushing products do you use?

Your best option would be to try and find airbrush colours instead of the varnish the client would require. The only time I use a varnish with airbrushing is when doing a french and then it is only one coat which dries really quickly.

Hope this helps.

I apply two coats of polish and I started using Sudo airbrush paints but now I am using spangles.

Could I use a speed drying liquid to dry the polish first before I airbrush or would that not work, I have a rapid dry dropper bottle by star nails that I use if just applying polish.

Thanks

Michelle :)

If using quick dry you would need to make sure it was removed from the nails before airbrushing so the client would need to wash it off once the nails were dry - you would still need to wait probably about 10 mins before you could press on it. Try it and see if it works.

Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back