airbrushing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitkat2004

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the paint sometimes still sprays out, even when the trigger is not pulled back ? I replaced the needle recently, but am still having problems with it. I think my airbrush has a mind of it's own, cos on some occasions the paint only comes out when it wants to, and on other occasions it just sits there in the well, and doesn't seem to want to move at all !!

It sounds like you may have a bit of a blockage. Have you cleaned it throughly and made sure that you haven't got any bits of paint lodged in it?

Yes,i've cleaned the nozzle, and i've put cleaner into the well and sprayed it through, and ive taken the needle out and wiped any paint off it that was there...i do this every time i use the airbrush.....have i cleaned it properly, or is there something i've missed?

I paint with the air pressure at about 20-23 psi does that sound about right to you, cos that was the way i was taught, then increase the pressure to about 35-40 when i spray the cleaner thru to get rid of any paint in it.

Thanks x

HI

I PAINT AT 25 LBS OF PRESSURE ....IN THE PAST I HAD HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU ...MY SUGESSTION IS SPRAYING PURE ACETONE THROUGH IT ....I SUSPECT IT HAS A BLOCKAGE TOO, IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE IT !
I TRAINED WITH ESSENTIAL NAILS ...AND WHEN I CALLED WITH THE SAME PROBLEM ,THAT IS WHAT THE INSTRUCTER (GINA WALLACE ) TOLD ME . HOWEVER I CALLED AFTER I HAD TRIED TO FIX IT MYSELF WITH SOAKING IT IN PAINT THINNER ....THAT WAS A BIG COSTLY MISTAKE ! THERE ARE LITTLE "O" RINGS IN THE GUN THAT ARE VERY SENSITIVE TO HARSH CHEMICALS AND SOAKING IN PAINT THINNER DESTROYED MINE ! I PURCHASED A NEW ONE ..AND WHEN EVER I HAVE A CLOGGING PROBLEM AS YOU DESCRIBED ..I USE THE PURE ACETONE NOW ! ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO USE IT EVERYDAY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT BUT WHEN AN OCCASIONAL CLOG HAPPENS IT CAN CERTAINLY CLEAN IT OUT ...TRY LETTING THE ACCETONE SIT FOR A WHILE TOO, IN THE PAINT CUP BEFORE SPRAYING ! HOPE IT HELPS ..GOOD LUCK !
kitkat2004 said:

Yes,i've cleaned the nozzle, and i've put cleaner into the well and sprayed it through, and ive taken the needle out and wiped any paint off it that was there...i do this every time i use the airbrush.....have i cleaned it properly, or is there something i've missed?

I paint with the air pressure at about 20-23 psi does that sound about right to you, cos that was the way i was taught, then increase the pressure to about 35-40 when i spray the cleaner thru to get rid of any paint in it.

Thanks x

OH , ONE MORE THING ...I FORGOT TO ADD.....CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR TRIGGER IS ASSEMBLED PROPERLY ! ...IF THERE IS ANY PLAY IN IT THAT MAY BE A PROBLEM TOO! ...CHRIS
kitkat2004 said:
Does anyone know why the paint sometimes still sprays out, even when the trigger is not pulled back ? I replaced the needle recently, but am still having problems with it. I think my airbrush has a mind of it's own, cos on some occasions the paint only comes out when it wants to, and on other occasions it just sits there in the well, and doesn't seem to want to move at all !!

Another thing to check after cleaning is that your needle has been pushed forward enough and tightened properly - this can cause paint to come out when you only want air.

Jackie

Thanks for those tips .... i'm gonna try putting acetone thru it today, and see if that helps xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back