airbubble problem with cnd , not with ezflow ?! why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a quick question...
I mostley use gel when i do my nailenhancements on clients but soon i will take over customers from another nailtech who has won many trofees with her work. She will take one year off since she will have her baby. I am sooooo nervous but she saw my work and pointed me out to pick up where she left. She mainly does l&p and very rairly gel since i work the other way, moste gel and little l&p.
I am practising lately to get back on track with my l&p incase the demand for l&p is there and they want to stick with it instead of trying gel.
I was trained with cnd and have load of powders etc... but i keep on getting really tiny airbubbels. I know that it,s due to mix ratio on which i have to get used to again but then i tried out ezflow and everytime i am spot on with no airbubbels at all. This is driving me nuts since i don,t want to have to buy more ezflow products just because of the fact that i get airbubbels...i know that it,s only to blame on something that i am doing.
I am using a different brush then creatives...the bristels are very compact, more like ezflows 508. Could this be one of the reasons?

maybe its because you messed around with the bead patting and moving too much with the cnd if you used their products first to get used to l+p again or getting used to your mixed ratios again??
could be many reasons; id try another set with the powders you already have to re - compare!!

also are you using the same brush for the diff systems because of them holding the monomer you dont want to mix retention + for example with another brands monomer so be careful you dont bugger your brush!!

xx

maybe its because you messed around with the bead patting and moving too much with the cnd if you used their products first to get used to l+p again or getting used to your mixed ratios again??
could be many reasons; id try another set with the powders you already have to re - compare!!

also are you using the same brush for the diff systems because of them holding the monomer you dont want to mix retention + for example with another brands monomer so be careful you dont bugger your brush!!

xx

Thx; i,ll give it another shot.
I sadly enough don,t have much patience since i did it before spot on and now all of a sudden it,s giving me a hard time :irked:
I have only been testing on myself and use one brush for both but i also have been using only the retention + liquid for cnd and ezflow powders since i didn,t had a spare brush and fast wanted to see the difference. i know that it is not recommended but i just wanted to test fast on myself to see the difference. I am going to get a new brush though for the new place where i am starting. The brush that i have now had been contaminated before and got rid of the yellow staining but comes back very slightly when i whipe it before i start testing. Could this be the problem aswell?

does any of you know a type of brush that is cheap but good enough that i could bu to practise with? in this way i can see if it is my brush that is giving me the problems so i don,t have to stress anymore.

It may very well not be you or your application hun.

I recently got my new order of Perfect powder Intense and Normal pink and I am having this problem JUST with these pots.. I have contacted CND and sent them the batch numbers... it doesn't matter what anyone does with this powder (have had a few other fellow CND techs try it also) it bubbles and it flash cures... I am currently using Charisma Pink powders (with ret+) until this can be resolved.

Brushes; check out wholesalers of nail supply's, you can get brushes in all shapes and sizes and they are JUST as good as the expensive ones... I pulled one of my "cheapies" apart the other week and it was all hand tied up in the ferrule as its meant to be.... pulled an old pro-styler apart and guess what.. glued bristles!!

It may very well not be you or your application hun.

I recently got my new order of Perfect powder Intense and Normal pink and I am having this problem JUST with these pots.. I have contacted CND and sent them the batch numbers... it doesn't matter what anyone does with this powder (have had a few other fellow CND techs try it also) it bubbles and it flash cures... I am currently using Charisma Pink powders (with ret+) until this can be resolved.

Brushes; check out wholesalers of nail supply's, you can get brushes in all shapes and sizes and they are JUST as good as the expensive ones... I pulled one of my "cheapies" apart the other week and it was all hand tied up in the ferrule as its meant to be.... pulled an old pro-styler apart and guess what.. glued bristles!!
=> oh my :eek: knowing that they cost so much...

That made me feel a whoooooole lot better :green: I was really confused aswell on why those airbubbels kept on popping up and not with other products. I tried everything and it still occured...i was freaking out actually :lol:

If it ISN'T your product, it is totally because of working with too dry a mix ratio.

When you pick up your bead, it should resemble the rind of an orange. When you drop it on the nail, it should dome slightly. If it looks powdery on your brush, or doesn't dome out at all, it is too dry. And if it's too dry there are basically little air pockets throughout. You can't overwork L&P, unless you flatten it so much that you no longer have any apex.

Don't be frustrated, just breathe. I had a hideous problem with it for a while, then as soon as I did a one on one with an educator, my problems vanished. It still cracks me up.

The only thing different that day was that I was RELAXED :)

Good luck.. :)

If it ISN'T your product, it is totally because of working with too dry a mix ratio.

When you pick up your bead, it should resemble the rind of an orange. When you drop it on the nail, it should dome slightly. If it looks powdery on your brush, or doesn't dome out at all, it is too dry. And if it's too dry there are basically little air pockets throughout. You can't overwork L&P, unless you flatten it so much that you no longer have any apex.

Don't be frustrated, just breathe. I had a hideous problem with it for a while, then as soon as I did a one on one with an educator, my problems vanished. It still cracks me up.

The only thing different that day was that I was RELAXED :)

Good luck.. :)

Thanks for the pat on the back :hug: i need it :lol:

Latest posts

Back