Airshield

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
Does anyone out there use Airshield by NSI???????
I use it on my toes as it dries hard in 3 minutes and I think its fab, its only for artificial nails and wondered if anyone knows why it shouldn`t be used on natural nails over a polish

I use airshield and thermoshield from NSI, they are fab the way they dry very quickly. I havn't got a clue why we have
Do you find that it does not give a high shine though? or if it does it dulls very quickly??

What products do you use for liquid and powder? Do you use NSI?

Better post this here for fear of being told off for personal posts.
I`ve never taken any notice of the shine finish of airshield, I only use it because of the fast finish.
I don`t use any other nsi products any more because I find the delivery ridiculous. I have been known to wait 6 weeks for an order and chased them every week, I can`t work like that, products are brilliant though.
I`m now trying to come to terms with creative L&P and finding it quite hard.
Do you use airshield on natural nails or only on enhancments?
Debs

Hi Debs,

The only thing I can think of is it might peel off natural nails. I use "Out the Door" as a top coat over polish on any enhancements and it works great, dries quickly, etc but have been told it will peel off if I use it on natural nails (whether over polish or not).

Hope that helps?

debbiepromotions said:
Does anyone out there use Airshield by NSI???????
I use it on my toes as it dries hard in 3 minutes and I think its fab, its only for artificial nails and wondered if anyone knows why it shouldn`t be used on natural nails over a polish

Hi Debs, in the list of ingredients it states "Acrylic Copolymers" - Maybe Sam (or Doug Schoon) could clarify if this could contribute to over exposure problems - why should it be only used on enhancements and not natural nails.

ok then Sam, whats the answer then???????????
maybe you could ask Doug Schoon for me, it would be interesting to know. It is used as a topcoat so I can`t see that it`d be overexposure problems as its not drowning the cuticle or even going straight onto the nail plate

Ill double check with Doug, but I would think that you are looking at a coating that has multiple kinds of polymers in it (i.e. PEMA and PMMA)
The may have done this for strength reasons... don't know.

As for natural nail use, most top coats are not optimised for natural nail adhesion. (i.e. Stickey)

Most coatings will peel or slide off the nail plate if:

A- No base coat was used
B- The nail plate was not cleansed and dehydrated (i.e. ScrubFresh)

And on a side note... don't know what you mean by this:
debbiepromotions said:
I only request that pesonal posts be made via the PM system... not broadcasted for all and sundry.

Cheers

The Nail Geek said:
And on a side note... don't know what you mean by this:
debbiepromotions said:
I only request that pesonal posts be made via the PM system... not broadcasted for all and sundry.

Cheers

I thought this post needed to be sent personally (i am trying although unsuccessfully, to watch my housekeeping) so thats where I thought I sent it. I was suprised to see it on the board. All I can do is apologise for that

Well guys I have a Theory............... lol don't I always lol

Speaking form expirience...........
Thermoshield, Airshield and Heatwave give a nice crackle glaze effect when used as a quick drying topcoat for natural nails, after a day or two.
Now when applied on Extensions or Wraps it's fab............ the reason.....
Well here is my theory.................

The natural nail is more flexible then an extension or wrap.
So when you use a good base, a nice colour and then a fast drying topcoat and then solar speed it it will last for ages, as the products you use are more flexible and will work and move with the nail rather then sit rigid on top. i am talking micro mm movement not, inches or feet lol.

Airshield, Thermoshield and Heatwave are similar to a UV gel (in viscosity)
So apply this to a less ridgid structure, it will have to bend and try to be flexible, but it wont, so hence the crackling and even peeling.
so thats my story
do I look stupid now?????
Hey I am not a Bio Chemist ( thats in my next life)

Love Ruth xxxx

but I`ve never had any cracking, peeling or discoloration when using airshield on the natural nail. The only thing I haven`t noticed is a lack of shine. I usually use it over nail art to seal it in and make it last and have never noticed anything unusual. I just don`t want to use it for clients natural nails because it says not too and as usual I want to know WHY

Good theory Ruth and probably absolutely correct!

Two different densities don't stay together very well hence why bendy nails suffer form lifting etc when they have too hard an overlay on them.

Thin nails do better with a product close to the same density so they 'move together' ... ooo er!!

If Debbie hasn't suffered with the crackle problem, chances are that the nails she applied the product to have been pretty strong in the first place.

You must've been good at physics at school or like me a LATE bloomer!! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back