Akzentz Aurora Sparkles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
Hi has anyone used these sparkles, if so how do they compare to normal sparkes range I would like to try doing some glitter tips would they be suitable as in dense enough for this effect? thanx

anyone?
Actualy im also looking into doing cane art and cannot find a tutorial for them using gel nails,,, the one on the gelzessentials website does not work anymore....

Hi has anyone used these sparkles, if so how do they compare to normal sparkes range I would like to try doing some glitter tips would they be suitable as in dense enough for this effect? thanx

I've used the Aurora Sparkles Pewter. The difference is that it is more of a holographic effect than the other sparkles in the range, and I think, gives a better depth of sparkle. I have used them for glitter overlays on clients but have tried sculpting with it on myself, as I loved the density of sparkle when sculpting more.

The first time I sculpted out glitter tips, which were Ok, but had to be quite a thick apex for strength. The glitter does seem to weaken the overall strength of the gel a little. However I did feel after a couple of weeks that they were on their last legs. they sort of went more bendy on me as time went on.

The next time, then i sculpted out in clear, quite thin, and then put the Aurora sparkles over the top. The effect was ever so slightly less dense but much stronger and nicer as a nail. I think its about finding the right balance. I also used a thiner layer of Trilite to help protect (as I do have a habit of pouring soak off solution all over my own nails) and they were much better.

Sorry can't help on the cane tutorials.....but Im sure someone else will be able to help.

Latest posts

Back