Akzentz Options gel question....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to gel, I trained with alzentz, and am not sculpting with gel but doing NNO at the moment, I only have one client that uses me for gel nno at the moment and I am having problems with them peeeling off and cracking. I have been back to my trainer and am going back on the 31st as she is having another training day and said I could go back, my client has thin nails, that are quite bendy, my trainer advised to use less layers and thinner appication, and also gave me some opti-bond to use, so I did my prep, pushing back cutucles, removed shine, dehydrated with my Young Nail swipe, I used sure bond, which I understand to be a dehydrator too, then I used the opti bond all over the nail plate, making sure it didnt touch the skin, then applied 1 coat of options clear, applied my white to the tip area, another coat of options clear, then my top gloss over it all, and still I got a test saying that a couple had come off and a couple had cracked. I am wondering if my prep products will still work ok as they are in the old packaging, I was advise that the bright pink packaging was scrapped about a year oago, and although my gels are in the new silver packaging, my preping products are not, any help with this would be greatly appreciated :hug:

ruth x

Is there lifting at the free edge? If so, it can be caused from the nail itself peeling and not the enhancement. For this issue, capping the free edge does help as does taking supplements to prevent the natural nail from peeling (calcium, Zinc, Vit B and a few others.)

Is there lifting at the free edge? If so, it can be caused from the nail itself peeling and not the enhancement. For this issue, capping the free edge does help as does taking supplements to prevent the natural nail from peeling (calcium, Zinc, Vit B and a few others.)
I will check with the client, I have been capping the free edge, but her nails are flakey, and thin and bendy, so she may need suppliments, this is the third time I have done her nails with the gel, seemed to go ok for the first 4/5 days then got her message this morning that they were starting to do the same as before, I am trying so hard, doing everything byt he book, and still having probems, I am flumoxed......

Sometimes if the peeling is really bad, capping doesn't help for very long (about a week.) One thing I would suggest is not letting the nails get too long, a shorter enhancement is best. Good luck, not sure if this is the issue or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I use Akzentz and adore them!!
I have numourous clients for NNO with them. I did a soak off today on a client who had them put on December 4th and all of them were 100% intact with no lifting!

I find the only time i get lifting is if the clients nails are weak, bendy or peeling but this would happen with any gel product as I have clients come in for soak offs with cal gel and biosculpture and they've peeled and lifted as well

so it might not be me then, I was panaking thinking I was doing something wrong, I will put a few nails on witht he gel on my own hand and see how it fares just to test, I heard a lot of good things about akzentz, and have seen that a lot of geeeks use it and like yourself love them, so it may be the case that my clients nails just wont take to get then?? would the right advice be to treat the nails then, to strenghten them, before re-applying a NNO??

so it might not be me then, I was panaking thinking I was doing something wrong, I will put a few nails on witht he gel on my own hand and see how it fares just to test, I heard a lot of good things about akzentz, and have seen that a lot of geeeks use it and like yourself love them, so it may be the case that my clients nails just wont take to get then?? would the right advice be to treat the nails then, to strenghten them, before re-applying a NNO??

Hi there,
i remember there was once i got these problem too! cuticle oil help the best.( cos she has thin flaky weak nails) get your cilent to apply oil under the free edge.(thats where it first peel away).

by the way opti-bond should be applied on the tip and not whole nail. if opti-bond was applied all the way up, you might have problem in soaking off later.

Cheers
Akzentz Educator (singapore)

Thanks for that, wil advise my client, I had read previously that it was best to put the optibond on only around free edge, and/or cuticle area, but I thought that it would maybe help with my problem to apply over the entire nail, but even that didn't help, will definately let her know that we will have to strengthen her nails up first before the gel will stay on her nails, thanks again

Latest posts

Back