akzentz primer question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just have a quick question if someone could give me an answer.
Can I use my akzentz affixit instead of sure bond when using options and Base N Gloss? Or do I need the sure bond?

I am 99% sure you can use affixit. Surebond just helps it soak off better (i think)...

Thanks hun, thats what I thought .. they soak off faster. :hug:

Surebond is a dehydrator and bonding agent (acid free). It does aid soak off but if you are using Affixit to increase your bond, then you shouldn't use Surebond as well....Affixit does pretty much the same thing- only stronger.

But for Options....Akzentz are bringing out a new bonding gel 'Opti-bond' to look out for and it bonds like there's no tomorrow! You shouldn't need either with this baby! And it soaks off lovely too!

Thanks Lyndsay. I already have and use affixit. If that will do the job then i'll keep with that. I briefly noticed the Opti-bond. Will this be just for use with options?

Yes, its for Options only, and replaces Base & gloss as a bonder but you still use BNG as a top coat! However, it's not designed for the file-off Akzentz....gawd, confusing isn't having Akzentz, and then Options....from Akzentz!!!!

Although Karen at NPB, bless, her did give me a nice little tip.....she said that some paces are using the Options Clear gel (not BNG) as a bonder for the file off range, as its a really good bonder. So far I've only dared try it on myself, but it really worked a treat and i didn't get ANY lift at all, despite being purposefully hard on my nails!

Last edited:
Erm...whilst on this subject (sorry quick hijack - I'll delete in a bit), I can't seem to get through to the NPB website. Just saying "this page cannot be dispalyed" message.

Can someone else try and see if it's just me or my ISP????

www.nailsplusbeauty.com

It is, but I knew what you meant! I just say akzentz (and think buff off) and Options (and think soak off) Rather than cause confusion.

Im having probs too, Ive been re-loading it a few times.

Mmmmm on the homepage last week it said they were closed this week...from Fri 23rd may to Mon 2nd june....this might be why...?

Mmmmm on the homepage last week it said they where closed this week...from Fri 23rd may to Mon 2nd june....this might be why...?

Holidays Angie - you yourself posted the dates in the Akzentz group (a while back) and they coincided with above...just checked.

Just hope that Karen knows her webpage is having probs. I'll email her now and let her know.

Just managed to load the homepage and yes it says .. Holiday closure Friday 23rd May - Sunday 1st June inclusive - open on 2nd June.

Latest posts

Back