Akzentz tip passed to me about gel and lift prone clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya...

A while back i had a nightmare time with a couple of serial lifters...i really did begin to believe that there nails where not like everyone else's as only they had this problem. I had been through all the normal stuff...prep, application, what they do, after care, do thicker, do thinner...etc...as i do find that sometimes what works for 1 doesn't always work for another.

I asked a fellow Akzentz geek (Lana) for some/any ideas and she told me to try this...and it has not just worked but saved my sanity. So now i have been doing it for a while and have seen the results to be good i thought I'd share. (for those of you who don't already do it)

Once you get to the stage that you have wiped, buffed to shape and about to apply topgloss....use another layer of Affixit (like you do at the start)...do all 10 nails and let dry for a few mins. Then apply your topgloss and finish as normal.

These 2 clients have had no lifting at all since i started doing this.

Now i don't know how this would work with Brisa...maybe doing the same with the Brisa Liquid Bond.....??

Anyway...it works for me and hope it helps someone here. x

Oh kewl Angie.. thanks for that. I must admit I stick to L&P as I have had quite a few clients that have had lifting with my Brisa and Akzenze gels. I will give this ago and maybe my confidence will start to improve a bit again with the gels :)

ps.. I still have your cd.. sorry... I must send it back to you lol!!! :hug:

I am not sure what kind of product Affixit is therefore i do't know how it compares to Liquid Bond.

But liquid bond is a bonding agent that permanently adhere gel enhancements to the natural nail to prevent lifting.
This is what gives you the covalent bond between the gel enhancement and the natural nail.
Therefore I am not sure how using it on top of the gel before finishing gloss would help stop lifting.

Have you tried it Angie?

Hiya...

A while back i had a nightmare time with a couple of serial lifters...i really did begin to believe that there nails where not like everyone else's as only they had this problem. I had been through all the normal stuff...prep, application, what they do, after care, do thicker, do thinner...etc...as i do find that sometimes what works for 1 doesn't always work for another.

I asked a fellow Akzentz geek (Lana) for some/any ideas and she told me to try this...and it has not just worked but saved my sanity. So now i have been doing it for a while and have seen the results to be good i thought I'd share. (for those of you who don't already do it)

Once you get to the stage that you have wiped, buffed to shape and about to apply topgloss....use another layer of Affixit (like you do at the start)...do all 10 nails and let dry for a few mins. Then apply your topgloss and finish as normal.

Now i don't know how this would work with Brisa...maybe doing the same with the Brisa Liquid Bond.....??

Hey Bagpuss!!:hug:

Thanks for the great tip!!
I will certainly try this on my next lifter client!!

Sincerely
Janet

Ahhh there's an idea. :idea:

May I assume that Affixit is a liquid protein bonder?

That might be a good idea.

When you've finish-filed, and dusted and wiped... there's that margin between the enhancements and the skin...
So maybe by using affixit/liquid bonder, if any gloss gets on the nail plate within that margin... this will prevent the lift...

Ahhh haaa:wink2:

Think I shall try this on my serial lifter tonight. Tthough with her, more inclined to think it's her meds cause have tried everything in 2yrs....and no one lifts like she does.. but I'll give it a go!!

Hi Angie,

here is another tip I have found works wonders for lifters. I always use Option pink as the bonder. For the lifters, I found that they never lifted at the free edge, where the white was. I then thought I would try to blend a little bit of the white into the pink option. Not much, you will not see much different when applying it thin as a bonder. It really helped! It may sound strange, but for the very bad lifters it helped a lot!

C

Hiya...

I was going nuts when one of my long time clients came with lifting.She wasn't taking any meds or stressed out so I decided to try another coat of Affix it, just before top gloss.It worked, there was no more lifting.And guess what, she told me a little secret of hers,SHE WAS PREGNANT. Duh:smack:

I was going nuts when one of my long time clients came with lifting.She wasn't taking any meds or stressed out so I decided to try another coat of Affix it, just before top gloss.It worked, there was no more lifting.And guess what, she told me a little secret of hers,SHE WAS PREGNANT. Duh:smack:

:lol:...well i am glad that happened cos if it hadnt you wouldnt have and then i wouldnt be....so THANK YOU xx

Angie, is this tip used with options or the file off akzentz?

I never got to grips with options colours on their own - they always lift from the free edge. But the options clear is great over bio on some clients (works like s-gel) but isnt as hard but lovely and glossy.

The options never lifted when I used a layer of clear bio first then options over the top. (as you can see I experiment!!)

I only use the non soak off Akzentz range of gels.

Just to answer some of the other questions ..

Affixit is a non-acid Primer may be used with Gels & Acrylics to ensure a perfect bond. Brush on like nail polish, making sure not to touch the skin and allow to dry (stays shiny when dry)

Victoria...your right...once i get to this stage i can barely tell where is gel and where is the natural nail as i blend zone 3 completely flush. Applying the Affixit again at this stage just helps to ensure that should my top gloss touch the natural nail in zone 3 that hasn't got gel on then i know it will adhere better, hence preventing lifting.

I have not tried this with Brisa...but surely its got to be worth a go for those troublesome clients where every thing else has failed.

If primer is placed anywhere else apart from the natural nail, does is not cause cracking or yellowing? Or is it because it is non acid that this trick works?

Would like to try it!

Sam x

I have never experienced yellowing x

I only use the non soak off Akzentz range of gels.

Just to answer some of the other questions ..

Affixit is a non-acid Primer may be used with Gels & Acrylics to ensure a perfect bond. Brush on like nail polish, making sure not to touch the skin and allow to dry (stays shiny when dry)

Victoria...your right...once i get to this stage i can barely tell where is gel and where is the natural nail as i blend zone 3 completely flush. Applying the Affixit again at this stage just helps to ensure that should my top gloss touch the natural nail in zone 3 that hasn't got gel on then i know it will adhere better, hence preventing lifting.

I have not tried this with Brisa...but surely its got to be worth a go for those troublesome clients where every thing else has failed.

I use Brisa and on myself i sometimes get a little lifting on the 'far side' of my wrong hand and had assumed that I wasn't applying my gel as evenly there.
Having read this I now apply liquid bond just round the margins. It made sense to me after I have filed to shape dusted and wiped with Scrubfresh it all just blends in.

I have eradicated the lift and am thrilled to bits - thanks Angie xx

Hi Angie,

here is another tip I have found works wonders for lifters. I always use Option pink as the bonder. For the lifters, I found that they never lifted at the free edge, where the white was. I then thought I would try to blend a little bit of the white into the pink option. Not much, you will not see much different when applying it thin as a bonder. It really helped! It may sound strange, but for the very bad lifters it helped a lot!

C

I think the options clear and pink are fab. Ultra glossy and rarely lifts!!

:hug:GOOD TIP !:hug:

I use Brisa and on myself i sometimes get a little lifting on the 'far side' of my wrong hand and had assumed that I wasn't applying my gel as evenly there.
Having read this I now apply liquid bond just round the margins. It made sense to me after I have filed to shape dusted and wiped with Scrubfresh it all just blends in.

I have eradicated the lift and am thrilled to bits - thanks Angie xx

Great news...:hug: I have seen a massive improvemement since i have been doing this x

Hi Angie,

I have been using akzentz since january and love it, but I do get some lifting on the sidewalls. Its not with every client just a couple. I am meticulous with my prep, do you think reapplying affixit after buff and just before topgloss would help?

Thanks in advance xx

Hi Angie,

I have been using akzentz since january and love it, but I do get some lifting on the sidewalls. Its not with every client just a couple. I am meticulous with my prep, do you think reapplying affixit after buff and just before topgloss would help?

Thanks in advance xx

Yes ... i do. I had the same thing...99% of client had no lifting ever...but i had the odd few that no matter what i did and i was real anal about prep, they would always get a bit of lifting...and what made it worse was that they would pick at it.

Now they never have it so they cant pick...:lol:....definately give it a go. x

Yes ... i do. I had the same thing...99% of client had no lifting ever...but i had the odd few that no matter what i did and i was real anal about prep, they would always get a bit of lifting...and what made it worse was that they would pick at it.

Now they never have it so they cant pick...:lol:....definately give it a go. x

Yes I have exactly the same type of clients! Cant resist a little pick the little monkeys! Cheers matey will give it a go! xx

Thanks for sharing. Its nice to share the positive this forum seems to get very negative sometimes.

This is a very handy idea:hug:

Latest posts

Back