All about Files??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
As I was getting my stuff sorted for my client tomorrow I was wondering about my files, I use a lot of them mostly Blizzard Boards.

I also don't re use a lot of them as I feel they cause more work if the grit has been worn down even a little.
I keep a few for doing new sets as they are good for shaping Gel before buffing.
I have to say my favourite file would be the Blizzard and buffer would be Boomerang Buffer (for Gel) and Girlfriend Buffer (for L&P)

Which files do you use most of, do you re use them and which would you say you could live without? :hug:
Is there any files you would recommend?

i love my good old 180 black boomerangs from sally's they last long i love the shape too.
i love my ezflow sand shark...these are two types i really love using. and they last forever

I'm with you Karen

I love the blizzard board and boomerang buffer I use them both for brisa and L&P, the boomerang just gets better with time and I use oil with it, gives a great finish and then I only need to give the girlfriend a quick swipe xx wouldn't be without it now !

I cant live without my Lollipops, Koala's, Girlfriend and Blizzards. I do love the Glossing buffers but dont find they last that long, my girlfriends last and last!

I am still in mourning for the demise of the Tuxedo...which was a 240/180 abrasive! My favourite abrasive EVER!!! why did they discontinue it.
I have 2 left...I can't bring myself to use them...they could be collectors items one day!!!

I use a brand new creative hotshot file for a rebalance but find that at the end it's not much use for anything else. Does anyone else find this ?

i just use the designer nails 180/240 black file
i do re use them for about 3 new clients but with rebalances i use a new file each time,
i dont have a particular favourite, i wish i did, as i love to luurrrvee something!!

Do you wash the dust out of your files before you sanitise....you might get more use out of them this way!

120/240 Harbor bridge with the use of a file revivour - break them in with about 5 R/balances then they go on to last about 10 more sets as a nice smooth shaper (so I get about 15 sets on adverage per HB) I sometimes use a Hotshot but normally only to debulk and they last a good 10 sets. These boomerangs sound good thou? I might have to get a few to try.

I love the koala's and hotshots,
Hotshots are my total fave ....but !! (theres always a but)
I prefer curved abrasives , can anyone recommend a good hard wearing abrasive that is curved ,
Im popping over to creative in mancester one day this week hopefully ,has anyone used the DN curved files ?

I think Ill defo have to get some girlfriend buffer's too

My very favouritist file is the Koala, I use the 240 side during prep, rebalance and finishing and the 1200 for smoothing the natural nail with a manicure. It fits nicely in my hand and I am so comfy with it.
I used to like hotshots but as they are black and make bits I have switched to blizzard boards, Sally's sell something similar and I get these too - they are a lot cheaper.

I love the Koala's but don't find a use for the 1200 side i would love to have these with both sides being 240....(please)

I also love my Akzentz white files...they last ages and are very reasonably priced.

and i couldn't be without my white blocks. x

I love the Black grit banana 100/180 Grit and the Outblack Buffer (120/240 grit).
Ems the cnd curved boards are fab to use :)

I love the Koala's but don't find a use for the 1200 side i would love to have these with both sides being 240....(please)

I also love my Akzentz white files...they last ages and are very reasonably priced.

I use the 1200 side for buffing in solar oil x

I use koala for prep and buffing in oil, 180/100, the boomerang blizzard for finishing

My faves are 100/180 (100 for reducing length of enhancements), the 180 if great when rebalancing, don't know what they're called though :o
Sponge buffers/abrasives from It&ly Hair and Beauty, they're excellent, feel nice to hold (not rigid) and refine beautifully.

I use the 1200 side for buffing in solar oil x

I use koala for prep and buffing in oil, 180/100, the boomerang blizzard for finishing

but i use gel...so i dont buff oil into nails.

but i use gel...so i dont buff oil into nails.

oh doh! sorry, could use them for buffing oil in when doing a manicure x

Isn't it strange.

I don't use the 240 side at all, but use the 1200 side all the time and would love for them to bring out a double sided 1200 grit file.

Perhaps we can cut our Koala's in half and send each other the halves and glue them back together again. That way we both win :lol: :lol:

Marlise

Anyone who is finding that their abrasives are only working at their best for one time is doing far too much filing and buffing.

New members to the industry often over file and over use their abrasives. When one is experienced, he/she will find that they do far less filing and buffing than they did at the start of their careers. That old learning curve again!

I use very few files and buffers and do very little filing and buffing as well! :hug: Those who know me know how much I hate it and how boring I find it so maybe you can do what I did which was concentrate on your technique to make perfect nails with your brush so that filing and buffing is at a minimum .... much more fun ... more efficient too.

I have tried many files and I have to say I find LCN files to outlast them all. Iused to love the Amoresse black Takedown files but they only make them in white now and they are not nearly as good.

Latest posts

Back