All five tips off now!!! Please Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
God - I'm in a right old state - did new system on customer and from losing 2 tips its now gone to 5 in 24 hours - did all my prep - she did have v short free edge could this be the problem not enough nail verses lenght of the extension applied -- going round in 30 mins to assess the problem - mightly cheesed off - every time my confidence grows it gets knocked down - plus they look bloody gorgeous :cry:

My first thought is, they where to long, if she has only short nail plates then the enhancement should not be any longer then half the size of the nailbed again.......
Yes so you are probably right !!!!!!!!!!!
Is she used to having nails???
For a first timer, cut them with the one tip cutter, rest the cutter against the fingertip and cut, this will give you a nice active length.....might still shorten them after that so they are flush with her free edge...............
As the nails grow , she will get used to them and will grow into them so to speak..........
When clients go from no nail to longer nail, they think they are so strong that they can do anything with them............I always tell them, yes they are stronger then your natural nail, but they are not unbreakable..................
To much force and they will break...............
Like in opening cans, removing staples and the like.............
So let us know how you got on babe!!!!!!!!!

Ruth, thanks for the reply - went to see her last night shes a repeat customer of quite some time on other system and is used to having talons and has them the same length every time - so that's not an issue in this case .....but having said this two of them were too long for the nail bed as she had snappped her own nail, but not on the rest of them....looked carefully all five had come off at free edge then one came off in my hand while I was there - they felt brittle - which I am confused about as did not use blast more than once....anyway I am going back tonight for another go - thats if I can get some size 6's asap.....!

Just thought - could the glue I used be a factor? Have not got Solar Seale yet as had loads left of my other glue - will be changing that today I think incase it is the problem!!

Brittle eh???
Well I know Resin can become brittle and crumbly after long exposure to water...........
As it has come clean of the nail, it seems there wasn't good enough adhesion.
Just trying to find a logical explanation here lol............
How do you prep Hun ???
Step by step might give us a clue to whats what...............
Which resin do you use as a prep layer before tip application???
Which resin do you use for tip application????
Maybe a power prep would do the trick?????
Don't give up....we might get there yet !!!!!!!!!!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Brittle eh???
Well I know Resin can become brittle and crumbly after long exposure to water...........
As it has come clean of the nail, it seems there wasn't good enough adhesion.
Just trying to find a logical explanation here lol............
How do you prep Hun ???
Step by step might give us a clue to whats what...............
Which resin do you use as a prep layer before tip application???
Which resin do you use for tip application????
Maybe a power prep would do the trick?????
Don't give up....we might get there yet !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your help Ruth - and sorry I have not responded sooner - cant always get on with boss being in other room.....

yep they were very bittle - I firstily applied anticbactieral hand gel/was, then applied Creatives Cuticle Eraser and used by dual tool (similar to creatives chisel) to remove any cuticle from the nail plate, then cleaned this away with citri soak and wiped dry. Next I took koala buffer and in direction of nail wiped over nail and around nail walls to remove that ickle shine..then really wiped nail plate and surrouding tissue with scrub fresh....

Next applied bond, applied pre-taylor tip (velocity) but used stars instant glue- tips glued fine at time- felt no concerns! blended nail - added silk wrap and wet using stipling the bond in (but only on five tips) then added thin layer of build to all five - and then another thin layer to all 5 and spray once with blast. Then shape and smooth the overlay next add a layer of boost and use brush on blast leave to starting near cuticle and working back on all five - leave to set then shape, buff with koala and solar oil....

Think the glue didn't help and wondering if absent minded me used spray blast twice - i dont think I did but may be this is the problem, or the fact I seemed to overwet the silk and it kept popping up off the nail plate - even when I wiped the brush of bond on side to release any excess - since then I soaked of an L&P of mine and put on a fibre (Wed) still on now so must be doing something right.. I wont give up will keep trying until perfect I love the look of this far better than last system :biggrin:

Oh - just saw you can't be without post on Nail Fresh - do you think that could be an element missing that causes my prob & when should I use this?

Cheers Ruth for you help..your a Fabric angel...

Fab Freak said:
Thanks for your help Ruth - and sorry I have not responded sooner - cant always get on with boss being in other room.....

yep they were very bittle - I firstily applied anticbactieral hand gel/was, then applied Creatives Cuticle Eraser and used by dual tool (similar to creatives chisel) to remove any cuticle from the nail plate, then cleaned this away with citri soak and wiped dry. Next I took koala buffer and in direction of nail wiped over nail and around nail walls to remove that ickle shine..then really wiped nail plate and surrouding tissue with scrub fresh....

Next applied bond, applied pre-taylor tip (velocity) but used stars instant glue- tips glued fine at time- felt no concerns! blended nail - added silk wrap and wet using stipling the bond in (but only on five tips) then added thin layer of build to all five - and then another thin layer to all 5 and spray once with blast. Then shape and smooth the overlay next add a layer of boost and use brush on blast leave to starting near cuticle and working back on all five - leave to set then shape, buff with koala and solar oil....

Think the glue didn't help and wondering if absent minded me used spray blast twice - i dont think I did but may be this is the problem, or the fact I seemed to overwet the silk and it kept popping up off the nail plate - even when I wiped the brush of bond on side to release any excess - since then I soaked of an L&P of mine and put on a fibre (Wed) still on now so must be doing something right.. I wont give up will keep trying until perfect I love the look of this far better than last system :biggrin:
Ok Babe,
Your prep seems perfect.......
So it can't be that.........all cuticle remover off the nail, so that's ok.........
Now I am not to sure about the star nail instant glue..........glue is made from bones, protein based and the like and will break down and go brittle in water....
Resin is an acrylic based adhesive and much more resistant to water......
Try using the build or even the boost to apply your tips..........or Gelbond....
So my money is on the glue being the culprit here.........

When you apply bond to the silk, let the mesh do the work for you, brush it over the silk and let the mesh do it's stuff...Don't stipple, brush it on.......it will soak up as much as it can take, when it looks soaking wet it's to much.....Silk can curl up or even lift of the nail as you try to brush the bond on.............
Silk on the move ain't fun, you need a good pair of trainers, because you have to be fast on ya feet to chase it round the nail .....lol

When I apply silk I go over with the bond, do this on 3 fingers then go back to the first to see if there are any dry patches........if there are then go over them with just a small amount on the brush.........
You know if you have got just the right amount of bond on the silk, because when you go back to nail no. 1 it will be dry............

Then the build, use this in a stippling motion, the silk will be firmly stuck to the nail, and wont mind if you work it into the mesh.........
When you use the build, as you take the brush out of the bottle, do it like you do with nail enamel, as you remove the brush, angle the brush so you wipe the flat side of the brush near the neck of the bottle, (not the right close edge or your lid will get stuck) this will remove surplus resin and will give you just the right amount.....leaves the surplus in the bottle and not swimming and doing the breast stroke on the nail lol.......

Now your silk should look a lot clearer, once you have done all ten fingers, get the client to invert their hands, make an upside down dead spider look........
Two dead spiders to be exact..........
Spray in a sweeping motion, just the once.........the build is like a magnet and will draw the spray activator towards it............

Tidy up the edges, give the nail a light buff and go to the boost step......
Tiny bead of boost, lentil size............
Spread it over the entire enhancement, a bit like enamel application...........
use side to centre strokes.....so it's right side down, centre down, left side down and back to centre down......covering zone 3-1.......
The next bead of boost, apply the same amount..........

Same brush strokes, side to centre, side to centre, but not as high up towards the cuticle area...covering zones 2 1/2 - 1......
So you will be using boost 2x...this gives the nail the strength, as it says in the bottle.....it boosts it.............

On hard or heavy handed Lady's, or Lady's that have gone from L&P to Fabric# I use 3 layers or boost........... The 3 layers in concentrating on zone 2, the stress area and apex............
Then finish with a buff and solar oil.......Now you finished nail should be lovely and clear and will have a L&P look..............

try this and see how you get on babe xxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers Ruth - will do! - doing a new set 2nite- so fingers crossed!! :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back