All Gel pro's please answer this!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stellie

Reaction score
Can someone please shed some light on why some nail tech's struggle with acrylic based gel that "cracks". Could it be a application problem, too thin ?. It is not only on the stress point that this happens. I have never experienced it myself, and it's not a brand problem. My students are complaining. What could they be doing wrong? :irked::irked::irked:

Can I ask, is this happening over tips or over the natural nail?

Not at all on tips, only on the natural nail. Strange, isn't it?

What do you mean by "acrylic based gel" that cracks?

I was under the impression that all UV Gels ARE acrylic.

I'm not sure that I understand the question.

Judy has provided you with some great links which should sort the problem out.

:hug:

Let me correct myself. Buff-off gels.

Not at all on tips, only on the natural nail. Strange, isn't it?
If the gel is cracking only on natural nails and not when using tips then it would suggest the gel is being applied too thinly, more so if it's a buff-off gel as it's not as flexible as a soak-off gel.

• what gel are we talking?
  • where is it cracking?
  • are the nails too long?
  • did you build up the stress area?
  • is it happeneing on all clients or just one or two? file off gels dont suit everyone

• what gel are we talking?
  • where is it cracking?
  • are the nails too long?
  • did you build up the stress area?
  • is it happeneing on all clients or just one or two? file off gels dont suit everyone

amber is on a mission :hug:

Thanks everyone, I think I need to do a touch-up course for the students. I think thee problem is: "too thin". Seems like all students struggle with same problems in the beginning of their nail journey. xxx

Check the application of your NNO and also make sure the products are suitable for natural nails - some reputable comps have products unsuitable for direct application onto the nat nail, Young Nails is an example of this - you cannot apply Finish to natural nails if you do they will crack and break.

Latest posts

Back