All Help Needed Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlies

Reaction score
Hi All you great experts,
Wondered if anyone can help me with these questions, a student of mine who has gone off to learn manicure with another company, has called me to help her with these questions- I am not proud to say I couldn,t help her with these but wondered if anyone else could help us?
1.Draw a STRONG NAIL,and explain why its strong??

2.How would you deal with a client who had loss of sensation in one finger?What advice would you give your client?

3.Describe-erythema and lamella?

I really couldn,t help her with these questions, I would be grateful if anyone out there could.Remember this is presumeing your client is having a manicure not enhancements.
Thank you All
Sue Cook

An erythema is redness in the skin. Its caused by increased blood flow when the skin is massaged for instance. This is a very simplified answer - I'm sure if you had a beauty text book hanging around, you could get a more technical answer. Lamella rings a bell but not to do with nails, maybe they mean lunula??

Karen

OK Lamella distrophy in the Encylopedia of Nails:
Flaking & peeling of the nail plate layer.
I remembered lamella meant thin something, well it is gone midnight LOL
Hope this helps too.
Karen

lamellar distrophy is flaking and peeling of the nail plate........
lamella means scale
on the skin it is generalized as coarse non-inflammatory scale ,scaling, cracking, and fissuring .

Numbness in fingers can be caused by many a reasons.......... carpel tunnel syndrome, diabities, trapped nerves,and the like................
Find out if the client is receiving medical treatment for this......if not refere to doctor for further investigation and do not proceed with any services...........the condition could be agrrivated rather then calmed.....
A doctors note stating that it is ok to continue with maniures is adviced.........

What makes a strong nail ???
Flexibility is the key to a strong nail, not hardness........
Flexibility will alllow the nail to go with pressure......where as a hard nail will break or crack..............

HTH

Nailsinlondon1 said:
lamellar distrophy is flaking and peeling of the nail plate........
lamella means scale
on the skin it is generalized as coarse non-inflammatory scale ,scaling, cracking, and fissuring .

Numbness in fingers can be caused by many a reasons.......... carpel tunnel syndrome, diabities, trapped nevers,and the like................
Find out if the client is receiving medical treatment for this......if not refere to doctor for further investigation and do not proceed with any services...........the condition could be agrrivated rather then calmed.....
A doctors note stating that it is ok to continue with maniures is adviced.........

What makes a strong nail ???
Flexibility is the key to a strong nail, not hardness........
Flexibility will alllow the nail to go with pressure......where as a hard nail will break or crack..............

HTH
That's our Ruth - can always depend on giving a detailed, correct answer!! Such a help!

when i did my course i was taught that the strongest shape nail was almond - maybe thats what they mean? (instead of square) hope this helps

Thank you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I,ve printed your replies out and i,m going to give them to emma today. I,m really grateful guysxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back