All iPhone users that text

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeccaj

Reaction score
Hi, I went to purchase an IPhone today but just couldn't manage the touch screen with my long nails, I kept hitting the wrong keys.. For all you iphone users, how do you find the touch screen, did you naturally take to it or did you get used to it 'eventually' ?

I did so want this phone but have been put off purchasing this very costly item unless I can be convinced that it is possible to use with long nails. My nails are not overly long but I just found the screen so sensitive.

I look forward to any comments.

thanks
Rebecca

Hi, I went to purchase an IPhone today but just couldn't manage the touch screen with my long nails, I kept hitting the wrong keys.. For all you iphone users, how do you find the touch screen, did you naturally take to it or did you get used to it 'eventually' ?

I did so want this phone but have been put off purchasing this very costly item unless I can be convinced that it is possible to use with long nails. My nails are not overly long but I just found the screen so sensitive.

I look forward to any comments.

thanks
Rebecca

I found it pretty easy to use my Iphone when i had my nails done, infact when i had my nails removed i struggled to text on the phone without my long nails!

You will get used to it, it look me only a few hours to master it with nails on, or another option if you really do struggle, get one of those pen things where you touch the screen with so it saves you from using your nails.

hths x

thanks Violet Star, this might sound odd but do you type with the tip of your (pointer) nail or the sides of your thumbs? I tried both ways and no luck with either.

i know its not the i phone but my sister got a samsung tocco which i wanted so i thought i would try hers before i got my own and i just couldnt get on with because of my nails.i thought about trying a stylus with it and found out that the tocco phone is actually heat sensitive so you have to use your fingers.
i ended up getting the nokia 5800 which comes with a built in stylus and a plectrum you can use and i love it.i found it so easy to use.x

I have the Iphone, It's heat sensitive too, so my nails cannot be used typing (or they don't accidently hit the letters as they did on my old phone)
I type with the right side of my right index finger and have no problems at all :green:

thanks Violet Star, this might sound odd but do you type with the tip of your (pointer) nail or the sides of your thumbs? I tried both ways and no luck with either.

I type with my thumbs i dont type using the tips.
It will come naturally to you hun x

thanks all, I really want this phone so all I needed was one person to say they can manage, so therefore it is possible for me also. Have had an imate in the past which used a stylus.

Cant wait, hopefully before too much longer I will be posting my messages from my "mobile device" yeah!

thanks all, I really want this phone so all I needed was one person to say they can manage, so therefore it is possible for me also. Have had an imate in the past which used a stylus.

Cant wait, hopefully before too much longer I will be posting my messages from my "mobile device" yeah!

:green: It is a fab phone! Will keep you entertained for hours i love it. Its pricey i paid for mine when it first come out but sooo worth it.

xx

i dont have a problem typing on my iphone with my nails on

I use an orange stick with a little warm blue tack on it.... works every time, but the warranty is void......:eek:

Latest posts

Back