All over bleach!! help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy123

Reaction score
My client only has hidden slices of bleach and 30.... she aint had it done 4 a year now...
She has asked me to do her with bleach all over.. yes bleach all over... I have never donet his to anyone before...

what would you guys suggest??x

Its not difficult. Use 20 vol or 30 with a specific scalp bleach. Do midlengths and ends first, and lift up halfway. Then apply to roots going over the ends again. Lift up. Wash off and tone using a violet ash toner of your choice.
If you are using powder bleach, Pack the bleach on and use tiny sections as bleach cannot spread out like tint.

Its not difficult. Use 20 vol or 30 with a specific scalp bleach. Do midlengths and ends first, and lift up halfway. Then apply to roots going over the ends again. Lift up. Wash off and tone using a violet ash toner of your choice.
If you are using powder bleach, Pack the bleach on and use tiny sections as bleach cannot spread out like tint.

Thanks for that.. i mean, do you not think it would be better to advise not to go for that.. It will be really drastic change too!>.x

That is your call, I can't advise on that!

That is your call, I can't advise on that!

No i am not going to advise!! She really is about a base 5...be best to get hi lights first as she does not keep up with hair appointments

If she has a full head bleach, she is gonna have to become a regular!

i agree with persianista, i have a full head bleach and am having my hair done every 4 weeks!

what she has informed me now, is the reaon she wants me to bleach it all... is so she can put a bright purple all over it, u no like the wacky colours you can get... hummm i have explained everythink to her the down falls to having this done ..but she is determined to have it done...
Would you guys just use bleach and 30.. and then apply the purple, once it has lifted

Personally I would use a high lift purple. Redken do a purple bleach type product. Failing being able to get hold of it, majimode do something similar. By pre-bleaching before a crazt colour, you will find it fades to lilac pretty quick.

yeah was thinking that.. i have never done this before, it cant be that hard can it? I ahve told her, she will have to re apply crazy color herself as it will fade that quick..so would you just do it? She is addiment she wants it..thanks

Of course I would do it! I would use a purple bleach tho. Pre lightening then crazy colour is an awkward, clunky way to do it and can look wishy washy. Knowing me, I would add some violet and red mixtones in too to make it zing.

You gotta do a funky cut tho with this type of colour work, as a classic cut will just look crap with it.

All over Purple or just accent chunks of purple with the blonde? That actually looks pretty amazing... the chunks with blonde.

At home maintenance will be key, she'll need to get a colored shampoo so her purple doesn't fade as quickly, and the purple will have to be done about every 7-10 shampoos. It sloughs pretty quick when done over a full head of blonde.

If she could be "guided" into some accent pieces, you can foil the color in small sections then hit the foil (must be foil) with a flat iron enough to make the foil hot to the touch, but not sizzle, then the purple doesn't fade as quickly, bleed onto the other hair as much, or rub off on pillowslips, clothing etc. This works for any true semiperm fashion shade. Be careful not to over heat, let the foil cool completely, rinse with cool water. The heat from the iron helps open the cuticle, the swelling allows penetration of more color molecules, the complete cool down closes the cuticle and because the hair is enclosed in the color, the outer layers of cuticle are more deeply stained. The cool rinse finishes closing the cuticle and removes the excess that couldn't be absorbed. For a really vibrant, long lasting effect, repeat the procedure.

What's her base. Schwartzkopf do a purple 100/99 that is cool. You can even use it with 12%. I also chuck in a good dollop of action paint (purple). No need to pre bleach and lasts for ages.

If she is a 7 upwards use I. Royal 9/998 and 6% with action paint again. I have a client who has this done every 12 weeks and it never fades.

There are so many good products out there now for fashion colours, there is just no need to pre-bleach.

Hello everyone,
She is about a base 6 i think. But she is addamint, she wants it done all over "to be different".. I dont think she understands the difficulties and what ahe is going to have to do to keep it up.. Personally i think it will ruion her hair.. she is only 16 too. She already has a pannel underneath bleached upon one side.hummm, i just dont want to ruion this poor girls hair.x:evil:

Then don't do it. I would rather lose a client than carry out work that could put my reputation at stake.

Latest posts

Back