All this dust from gels...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxprincess

Reaction score
How do you guys deal with all the dust from your gels? I work in a small room and I have a "Sunflower" vacuum that is over my work area but that isn't enough. My whole room is covered in gel dust, it can't be sanitary! It goes all the way up the walls and coats EVERYTHING! I can dust every day but I can't get all of it. Any ideas of what I can do?

How do you guys deal with all the dust from your gels? I work in a small room and I have a "Sunflower" vacuum that is over my work area but that isn't enough. My whole room is covered in gel dust, it can't be sanitary! It goes all the way up the walls and coats EVERYTHING! I can dust every day but I can't get all of it. Any ideas of what I can do?

are you doing a lot of nails, or maybe you are filing a bit more than you wish to ?
gel dust does seem to go everywhere though doesnt it, its very light and floaty.

maybe work on your application so that it needs minimal filing ?

A certain amount of dust is to be expected...its the jobs we do...garages are covered in oil and carpenters in sawdust....but keeping it to a minimum is important. I agree with above...only remove what you have to/are going to replace. I de-dust after each client with a microfiber cloth that attracts the dust rather than a normal cloth that just moves it around.

I use an E-File and I take the product down VERY thin. I have to do it or the nails will get super thick. I vacuum my work area with a hand vacuum that I built into my desk after I finish each client and sometimes even afer prepping them. I also have a vacuum overhead to suck up some of the dust. I don't have time to dust the walls, radio, shelves, lamps... between clients. I guess it is just something I will have to deal with.

I use an E-File and I take the product down VERY thin. I have to do it or the nails will get super thick. .

you shouldnt have to take the product down VERY thin if its not applied to thick in the first place.

Latest posts

Back