All time Favourite chickflick / weepy films

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which film is the best chickflick or weepy.

• PRETTY WOMAN

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • AN OFFICER & A GENTLEMAN

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • TOPGUN

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • NOTTING HILL

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • DIRTY DANCING

Votes: 34 43.6%

• Total voters
Bridget Jones is another good one, I love the sitting singing on the sofa - alll byyy myyyselffffffff.

How to lose a guy in 10 days, love the song in that one in the shower scene.

Another program I love but it's a series on telly is Ghost Whisperer, every one makes me cry lol. Such a softy lol

I love all of the above but what about Ghost? Sobbed and sobbed at that one.:o

I love all of the above but what about Ghost? Sobbed and sobbed at that one.:o

:cry::cry: Me too. And Pearl Harbor - oh Josh Hartnett and Ben Affleck, what a lucky girl!

Only film like that that I found tedious was Titanic, much preferred French and Saunders version!

ohhh so many to choose from - couldn't possibly have a favourite, although I have to admit that ever since I was a child Bambi has been able to make me shed a tear or too!

....For me,its none of the above as ive not seen any of those films...:eek:

There are 2 " that i could watch over and over again."

To Wong Foo,thanks for everthing,Julie Newmar,which tells the story of 3 drag queens,crossing the states to be in a competition,and befriending a local community.Wesley Snipes and Patrick Swayzee are absolutely brilliant portraying drag queens,as they are VERY masculine otherwise...LOL

Stockard Channing is in this film(Rizo from Grease),and she is a battered wife,saved from patrick swayzee who "biffs" her husband.

The line that makes me cry is when Stockard tells Patrick Swayzee,that she doesnt see him as a woman nor a man but as an angel...you have to see it,as its so unconventional,but lovely.

The other film i loved as a child is "Les parapluies de cherbourg"..."the umbrellas of cherbourg",with Catherine Deneuve,who later became the face of chanel in the 70s and 80s.

Set in Cherbourg,its sung completely in French,telling the story of a young man and woman,who fall in love but he goes to war in North Africa,comes back several years later and she has born him a daughter he knows nothing of.There is a scene at the end,she fills some petrol in her care on a wintry night,they meet by chance...but they now have seperate lives and know noe thier love will not survive...again you have to see it.

I remember watching it with my grandmother at 5 years old....and seeing her in tears,made me cry.:cry:

My husbands fav film is "love story"...the mother of all weepies...and seeing him cry,just ascertains all the "rubbish" that men shouldnt cry...what aload of c..p that is:green:

Pretty woman gets my vote :) I also love ghost and 50 first dates.

I voted for Officer and a Gentleman... Richard Gere's eyes... MMMmmmmmmm lol

Before anyone says anything...this film is way before my time as well!!

BUT I have seen it in the cinema in a double bill along with Imitiation of life...which is another classic weepie...but the one that has me bawling my eyes out is......
Madame X

A brilliant film....both of these star Lana Turner....and if you haven't heard of her...shame on YOU!....and go and ask your mum :lol:....or Gran :lol: :lol:

Just remembered a film i cried to when i watched it, Green Mile!:eek:

That is my favourite non chick flick film too! Classic!

LMAO, I watched this when I was feeling a bit down - big mistake. I loved the film but I was bawling my eyes out at the end, literally sobbing:cry::cry::cry:. I bought the DVD and it's still in its wrapper several years later, I can't cope with the emotional trauma!

Where was Grease??? that is a universal chick flick.

Beaches!!! total cry-fest!!!!

Sorry about this but I still love beauty & the beast - the song gets me every time.

West Side Story

I could hardly choose between Pretty Woman and Notting Hill, both my favourite movies.

Sue x

i picked dirty dancing ....although will say...luv an officer and gentleman too xxx

Dirty Dancing for me, I get all hot and sweaty everytime I watch it :).

i voted dirty dancing only becauce ghost was not on the choice list!tehe but i do LOVE dirty dancing x x

out of all of them i picked dd,

but i love fried green tomatoes
green mile
ghost
sleeping with the enemy
sleepeless in seattle
breakfast at tiffanys
stand by me
sliding doors
thelma and louise

and loads of others

ooh and rach i love ghost whisperer, i always whinge at that one, especially last weeks when that prfessor ran g her to tell her the message on jims back meant death if a loved one, i was like noooooooooo

great thread pips xxx

i picked pretty woman but i also love dirty dancing,however i think if i had the choice out of any i would have picked the notebook,it makes me cry everytime.its definately worth watching girls if you havent seen it.

Latest posts

Back