All time Favourite chickflick / weepy films

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which film is the best chickflick or weepy.

• PRETTY WOMAN

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • AN OFFICER & A GENTLEMAN

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • TOPGUN

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • NOTTING HILL

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • DIRTY DANCING

Votes: 34 43.6%

• Total voters
I love pretty women soooo 'cinderella'. I get very upset when the nasty shop assistants deny Julia Roberts the right to shop !!!

The one that i sob to is Terms of endearment its so embarrasing i can only watch it on my own.Beaches is another painful one to watch.
My all time favourite is probably Breakfast at Tiffanys .
Im going through all these older chick flicks with my daughter at the mo because there are so many good ones.I want her to see Dangerous Liasons and thelma and Louise which i also love.She did say is there any i like where someone doesnt die.

Before anyone says anything...this film is way before my time as well!!

BUT I have seen it in the cinema in a double bill along with Imitiation of life...which is another classic weepie...but the one that has me bawling my eyes out is......
Madame X

A brilliant film....both of these star Lana Turner....and if you haven't heard of her...shame on YOU!....and go and ask your mum :lol:....or Gran :lol: :lol:

OMG Madame X, that makes me howl, so sad. I also love Beaches, The English Patient, Dying Young, Philadelphia oh the list goes on but then again I cry at Little House On The Prairie :)

Some great films mentioned here! What about The Way We Were? I cry as soon as the music starts.

As i am feeling so nostalgiac this evening....this little piece is my all time favourite....from Les parapluies de cherbourg,in english the umbrellas of cherbourg....it is from the end of the film,when the couple meet after several years.....this gets me every time:rolleyes::)

YouTube - Les Parapluies de Cherbourg, 1964, by Jacques Demy

have you all forgotten Steel Magnolias???
Julia Roberts dies!!!
it's a chickflick and a weepy. It made me cry before i had my daughter (I was Julia Roberts) but now I have Jess, I am Sally Fields! (and doesn;t she look great in sons and daughters??!!)
But best movie of all time - Dirty Dancing. also love Road House."thought you'd be taller"
Poor Patrick is ill, send him a prayer.
x

My all time favourite is REBEL with Matt Dillon, but Matt Dillon does it for me everytime lol.

I can't choose, for me its Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman & An Officer & a Gentleman .. its a toughy!!

Dirty Dancing...hands down! I LOVE this movie! Great soundtrack, too!

P.S. "Nobody puts Baby in the corner". LOL!!!

Last edited:
My all time fave is 'The Princess Bride.'

I voted Dirty Dancing - I love that film.
I've not seen Top Gun and I didn't enjoy the others, sorry!
Youve not seen top gun omg where have you been ?Its hot hot hot!!!:lol:

Hi there, I voted pretty woman, I could watch that film for the next 100 years:lol::lol:

I voted neither as i'm not a slushy romantic chic flick person ,top gun yes for val kilmer(before the belly:lol:)and his role as batman was good.
my favorite weepy flicks are
The green mile
Ghost (whoppi goldberg was classic)
Breakfast at tiffanys( i do like the classics with audrey hepburn)
Sliding doors
Thelma and louise
Roadhouse....(crazy swazzey swoonnn)."pah dalton eh..thought you'd be taller you look like s*** to me....Opinions vary":lol:love it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back