All time Favourite chickflick / weepy films

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which film is the best chickflick or weepy.

• PRETTY WOMAN

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • AN OFFICER & A GENTLEMAN

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • TOPGUN

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • NOTTING HILL

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • DIRTY DANCING

Votes: 34 43.6%

• Total voters

pips

Reaction score
After reading quite a few profiles it seems we women all like chickflick or weepy films of some kind, so i was wondering what is your all time fave film from withing this category?

Above are just a small selection of some chickflick & weepys ive watched and re watched lol

Which ones do you like most and why?

I did a search first to see if a poll had been done previously but couldnt find one, i appologise in advance if it has

I went Topgun.. back when Val Kilmer was Hot!

I had to go dirty dancing because "no one puts baby in the corner"! lol

That's like saying what's your fave type of chocolate ... I can't choose I love them all! And Love Actually and Steel Magnolias and Little Women and Four Weddings and Bridget Jones ... oh Colin Firth I so could!

My fave film ever though is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - TAWANDA (sp?) One of my clients recommended it to me, it's all about the power of friendship ... I cry every time I watch it! If you haven't seen it then get it, you'll love it! Some great twists in the plot too, esepcially where the nasty husband ends up!

That's like saying what's your fave type of chocolate ... I can't choose I love them all! And Love Actually and Steel Magnolias and Little Women and Four Weddings and Bridget Jones ... oh Colin Firth I so could!

My fave film ever though is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - TAWANDA (sp?) One of my clients recommended it to me, it's all about the power of friendship ... I cry every time I watch it! If you haven't seen it then get it, you'll love it! Some great twists in the plot too, esepcially where the nasty husband ends up!

Oooo sassy i also like some of the ones you have mentioned.

It was top gun for me too!

We watched at again last night and my husband was laughing at me cause I knew every word that was coming next! :lol:

I voted Dirty dancing. There are too many scenes with Patrick Swayze half naked to mention but you get my drift :green::green::green:

well I voted for DD as it just gets me everytime.

But I too love, love love Fried Green toms.

I also lurvvve The American President.

But my all time is Dances with Wolves (not really a chickflick)

I voted Dirty dancing. There are too many scenes with Patrick Swayze half naked to mention but you get my drift :green::green::green:

Hmmm you gota love that scene where him & baby are in his room smooching, both half dressed and he pulls her leg by his side and she leans backwards! (oh to be able to bend like that!!) lmao:lol:

Seriously though, he and val both have fit bods (or should that be "had" fit bods) any one seen them of late?

Hmmm you gota love that scene where him & baby are in his room smooching, both half dressed and he pulls her leg by his side and she leans backwards! (oh to be able to bend like that!!) lmao:lol:

Seriously though, he and val both have fit bods (or should that be "had" fit bods) any one seen them of late?

Never mind being able to bend like that, did you see the size of his hands :eek:

OMG it's too early for this lol, I'm off for a cold bath now haha.

Ok, so Val isn't so hot now lol :eek:

Attachments

• kilmer fit.jpg
    kilmer fit.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,946
  • patrick.jpg
    patrick.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 84
OMG hes gross now!

I voted Dirty Dancing - I love that film.
I've not seen Top Gun and I didn't enjoy the others, sorry!

i like some of the above but THE NOTEBOOK gets me everytime i bawl my heart out :cry::lol:

Not really much into chick flicks, but I do watch the odd one. The Lakehouse with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves, quite like that one.
But films that make me cry.......you're all gonna think I'm weird here, The Highlander..... when Connor's first wife dies and they play 'Who wants to live forever' by Queen. Oh and the LOTR, in the first one when Boromir dies, in the second one when Arwyn is leaving to go to the boat and has a vision of her son with Aragon, and the third when Aragon is crowned King and Arwyn makes her way out of the crowd to go to him.

Told ya I was weird.

That's my favorite too. I lost my copy of it:cry:. I really love SLeepless in Seattle too.

My all time favourite chick-flick has to be Thelma and Louise.

Some really good films been mentioned here, i only mentioned the above as it seems to be these i always see on profiles (and not just geeks profiles but those in other forums im a member of)

Keep them coming im loving hearing what everyone likes and dislikes! :green:

Latest posts

Back