All uk airports on HIGH alert

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Its on the news now, all flights from Gatwick suspended, 12 people arrested with liquid bombs.

No flights to America

OMG

Its on the news now, all flights from Gatwick suspended, 12 people arrested with liquid bombs.

No flights to America

OMG

That's going to be terrible.. imagine the chaos at this time of the year?

Scarey isn't it, I pity anyone who is off on thier hols today:irked: but the disruption is justified if it is keeping people safe.

Its all over the UK, every airport is affected, my mates supposed to be flying out from Gatwick tomorrow.

Apparently the police have foiled a plot of terrorists going to commit massacre on flights going to yhe us from the UK, 21 people arrested.

S**t.

BBC 1 and BBC News 24 has live coverage at the moment - as does sky news

Website for BBC News:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Met Police are to give a live news conference anytime now on BBC News.

All shorthaul flights into Heathrow are cancelled.

British Airways have cancelled all shorthaul inbound and outbound flights.

It's affecting airports all over the UK and also flights inbound from other countries too.
Terrorism is such a nasty, deadly thing, but unfortunately a sign of the times.
At least they caught them and stopped them from carrying their terrorism through to what would have been a terrible loss of life... the deputy commissioner at Scotland Yard called it potential "Mass Murder" :eek: shocking, just shocking, that these terrorists think that they can take peoples lives in this way.
The security alert is at its highest level meaning that an attack is 'inevitable'.

Its all over the UK, every airport is affected, my mates supposed to be flying out from Gatwick tomorrow.

Apparently the police have foiled a plot of terrorists going to commit massacre on flights going to yhe us from the UK, 21 people arrested.

S**t.

thank god they got them and nobody got hurt... the scumbags... they'd kill babies and children and don't think twice. what a horrible nasty world we live in.

Update - Apparently it is only the Easyjet flights that have been cancelled at Gatwick - not all flights. Has Heathrow cancelled the flights as well?

I believe the reason for cancelling these flight is purely for health and safety reason of congestion at the airports. wont be suprised though if all flights in the UK get cancelled at some point for the same reasons.

Lets hope this all passes by smoothly.

x x x

My daughter was off to Las Vegas on Sunday aswell, so don't think that will be happening now, but maybe that is a good thing.

It makes me so mad that we can't all live together in peace in what is already a fragile world being destroyed by so many other things.

A friend of mine is flying to the states tomorrow - I dont think he will be going now.

Its awful - you wake up in the morning, and this is on the news. People trying to take lives because of some stupid idiotic extremist group religion. They need to be rounded up, and blown off the face of the earth.

Makes my blood boil. It also makes me wonder just what is going to happen in MY lifetime.

what is the world comin to, it is soooooo scary to think real people can even contenplate killing another person!!!!!!!
Good luck to anyone who is suppose to be going on holiday in the next couple of days, stay safe!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It saddens me alot, to think I am bringing babies into this world full of hatred and anger and we can't protect them enough...

.. I agree with francesXXX too.. blow the scumbags off the face of the earth, the lot of them.

:cry: this is freaking me out. Hope they get this sorted ou. I do not want to get stuck in this country. It is almost time for me to go home and I really want to go back.

Flights are going from Doncaster, but youre not allowed any hand luggage, except a wallet, prescribed meds and baby milk (which parents have to test in front of staff before boarding.)

Just thankful they were caught.:hug:

The Home Secretary is due to give a statement on tv in a few minutes...

Aww, man that is terrible!! It is so disheartening to know that there are people sick enough to kill innocent people under the guise of "religion" what makes these people thhink that they are the only ones right and everyone who does not agree with them is wrong?! Horrifying!!!

Hope everything continues smoothly and thank God they caught the ba***ds!!!

Flights are going from Doncaster, but youre not allowed any hand luggage, except a wallet, prescribed meds and baby milk (which parents have to test in front of staff before boarding.)

Just thankful they were caught.:hug:

urgh that's gross - can't they just give the milk to the baby fgs - baby milk makes me feel sick

Its chilling isn't it? Thank God they caught them in time. It doesn't bare thinking about.

Lets hope they have all been caught and there are no more of these scum bags out there. Will we ever get to know who they are!

Latest posts

Back