All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyou for the quick reply. it sounds easy when your told how (although i'm sure i wont get it right first time!!!), thankyou thankyou, its the fat free edge thats been putting me off using the popits, i knew there must be a solution. i'll give it a try tonight and let you know how i get on!

thankyou for the quick reply. it sounds easy when your told how (although i'm sure i wont get it right first time!!!), thankyou thankyou, its the fat free edge thats been putting me off using the popits, i knew there must be a solution. i'll give it a try tonight and let you know how i get on!

Easier to do on others than on yourself but the point is to push the PopIt right down at the free edge making sure that you have a firm hold of it at the eponychium. If you do not the PopIt will pop up at the eponychium and you will get a cloudy bad result there. So hold firmly whilst doing it.

oh they look so much better now, need to practice at it but they look a lot better than they did! thankyou again

Well fellow geeks, I am happy to report that I did my first set of Popits yesterday and I lived to tell about it. (hehehe it really wasn't so bad) I think they came out pretty decent for my first time. I used CND pink over some CND white tips (Velocity) and the color (of the powder) was quite nice. I did learn that it is all in the application of the acrylic to the form. Some I had too much and some I didn't have enough. But all in all it was a positive experience and I look forward to more practice. I'm going to be brave and post a photo. Please be kind as it is my first set of popits and the first time I have picked up an acrylic brush in 3 years (where I work now is mani and pedi only) Also, I am thinking of switching white tips as I wasn't happy with the way these look. I felt like they were too shadowy and I want something a little more solid. I've heard Young Nails makes a nice white tip with a little deeper smile line. When I used to do pink and whites, I would use clear tips from Star Nails and free form the smile line. Lol, but now that I'm older I'm getting lazy.

P1010511.jpg

Last edited:
Well fellow geeks, I am happy to report that I did my first set of Popits yesterday and I lived to tell about it. (hehehe it really wasn't so bad) I think they came out pretty decent for my first time. I used CND pink over some CND white tips and the color was quite nice. I did learn that it is all in the application of the acrylic to the form. Some I had too much and some I didn't have enough. But all in all it was a positive experience and I look forward to more practice. I'm going to be brave and post a photo. Please be kind as it is my first set of popits and the first time I have picked up an acrylic brush in 3 years (where I work now is mani and pedi only) Also, I am thinking of switching white tips as I wasn't happy with the way these look. I felt like they were too shadowy and I want something a little more solid. I've heard Young Nails makes a nice white tip with a little deeper smile line. When I used to do pink and whites, I would use clear tips from Star Nails and free form the smile line. Lol, but now that I'm older I'm getting lazy.

P1010511.jpg

They look great - have you tried the CND performance tips? - they are great!

I think they look FAB ! i have just put my first Popit on no bubbles and nice thin free edge !! i cant wait to get my friend round tomorrow to do a full set :) ( she is my guinea pig ) well done you x

I did one popit on myself. It came out beaut. The only thing was that I used clear powder over a white well less tip and the finished nail looked boring. I would love to use perfect pink just to give the nat nail a bit of depth but what will this do to my white free edge. Will it discolour it.
Cheers
Karen

I did one popit on myself. It came out beaut. The only thing was that I used clear powder over a white well less tip and the finished nail looked boring. I would love to use perfect pink just to give the nat nail a bit of depth but what will this do to my white free edge. Will it discolour it.
Cheers
Karen

CND Perfect Pink powder looks beautiful over a Performance white tip ... It does not make the white not white but gives it a very classy look.

Cheers
Karen
Karen, i used perfect pink over white and it looks lovely. Less of that startling white glare, more natural looking

Karen, i used perfect pink over white and it looks lovely. Less of that startling white glare, more natural looking

Why not use a natural tip for an even more uuuuuum "Natural" looking nail?

Why not use a natural tip for an even more uuuuuum "Natural" looking nail?

Hi
I originally tried a clear powder over a white tip. It looked boring. That's why I wamted to try pink. So you think a natural tip with just clear powder huh? or pink powder? Yes I will give this a try too
Cheers
Karen

I did my second set of PopIts today on my mother-in-law. Usually I need 3-3,5 hours for a set of sculpted French nails (with a little bit of nail art; stickers, rhinestones, acrylic 3D or so.. yup, still struggling with my time :o), but today I did the PopIts-nails in 1 hour and 15 minutes (one colored glitter nails, but still)!! What a pleasurable difference :green:

And here's the nails I did yesterday (airbrushed today) - a little piece of right middle fingers free edge broke off while she was handling the dishwasher, so she filed it a bit. That's why it's shorter than the other nails.. *note to self; do not make free edges too thin* :o

picture.php

And here's the nails I did yesterday (airbrushed today) - a little piece of right middle fingers free edge broke off while she was handling the dishwasher, so she filed it a bit. That's why it's shorter than the other nails.. *note to self; do not make free edges too thin* :o

picture.php

Nice job. Don't they make her hands look more youthful!!

Not into the nail art (sorry) but if she is then cool! I think a beautiful bright summer cream polish would look gorgeous on these nails and a much more classy looking result but that is just MHO.

Nice job. Don't they make her hands look more youthful!!

Not into the nail art (sorry) but if she is then cool! I think a beautiful bright summer cream polish would look gorgeous on these nails and a much more classy looking result but that is just MHO.

Thank you so much, geeg :hug:
She's not quite into the bright and bald, so I made the nails with a custom blend of transp. glitter and clear acrylic. The airbrush is lavender/pastel lilac. She actually thought the nails were more "calm" with the stripes, toning down the insane shiny and glittery nails, lol :lol: I will give polish a try when she gets bored with the zebra stripes, I'm sure we'll find a color she feels comfortable with :Love:

Last edited:
did a set on my sister in law yesterday and 8 out of 10 were perfect. One was full of bubbles and the other was cloudy. I think i have been holding them too tight? Ive been worried they wont adhere if i dont squash them down and think i've gone over the top with them :( would this account or bubbles and cloudy?

did a set on my sister in law yesterday and 8 out of 10 were perfect. One was full of bubbles and the other was cloudy. I think i have been holding them too tight? Ive been worried they wont adhere if i dont squash them down and think i've gone over the top with them :( would this account or bubbles and cloudy?

If 8 were perfect, then I can only assume that you will know why the others were not ... what did you do that was different?

Cloudy can indicate air or you have used the same PopIt too any times.

Bubbles ... you didn't wait long enough before applying the popIt.

Last edited:
If 8 were perfect, then I can only assume that you will know why the others were not ... what did you do that was different?

Cloudy can indicate air or you have used the same PopIt too any times.

Bubbles ... you didn't wait long enough before applying the popIt.
Thanks Geeg, i assumed i was pressing too hard, would that casue air? the popits were all new, i dont reuse them except on my nail trainer and thats only for practise. Im really not sure what i did different tho Geeg, practise practise practise :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Geeg, i assumed i was pressing too hard, would that casue air? the popits were all new, i dont reuse them except on my nail trainer and thats only for practise. Im really not sure what i did different tho Geeg, practise practise practise :D

If you press too hard and thus spread the product to thinly then when you let go air is sucked in under the PopIt and can give it a cloudy appearance.

just done my secind set and ... No bubbles i pushed to hard when i tried on myself and have to say i have watched and watched your video geeg and its been so helpfull so thanks loads xxxx
PS it has only taken me 52 minutes ( we timed ) x

Latest posts

Back