All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the quick responses. Yep , OK I get it , I understand now- thanks Busybee32/Jen for your clear answer.

Cait

Last edited:
During a Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting Gel Rebalance apply Brisa Lite Base Coat to the entire nail.
In terms of adhesion, the layer of gel you apply will adhere to the gel already on the nail without Base Coat, but applying Brisa Lite Base Coat all over will give a smoother, more even application. The Base Coat is necessary for adhesion to the natural nail.

That's great, thank you! Great explanation too! :)

I think I'd like to try both..Are the sculpting base and top coats the same as the smoothing base and top coats or do I need to purchase different ones for each type? X fab thread x

I think I'd like to try both..Are the sculpting base and top coats the same as the smoothing base and top coats or do I need to purchase different ones for each type? X fab thread x

They are the same for both, but I recommend you get the kits and take the two bottles that come in them .... I promise you are going to need them and two of each will be a good thing. :biggrin:

They are the same for both, but I recommend you get the kits and take the two bottles that come in them .... I promise you are going to need them and two of each will be a good thing. :biggrin:

Just looked at the prices... I might as well! I now need a new shelf is salon for brisa lite :)

I've seen the price and I might as well with all the extra goodies :) ill need a shelf just for brisa lite in salon now x

Phone app saying not posted and then it does x apologies for the duplicates x

used BL Smoothing Gel on most on my clients today.. love it!

my question.
For Rockstars is it ok to remove inhib layer on cured smooth gel before applying Shellac colour?
I did some rockstars today over Smoothing Gel and the glitter stuck to all of the nail leaving no margin at eponyichium and side walls (although my shellac colour application had slight margin), the glitter had stuck to the inhib layer left by the Smoothing Gel beyond the shellac colour application

sorry for the waffle, hope it makes sense xx

used BL Smoothing Gel on most on my clients today.. love it!

my question.
For Rockstars is it ok to remove inhib layer on cured smooth gel before applying Shellac colour?
I did some rockstars today over Smoothing Gel and the glitter stuck to all of the nail leaving no margin at eponyichium and side walls (although my shellac colour application had slight margin), the glitter had stuck to the inhib layer left by the Smoothing Gel beyond the shellac colour application

sorry for the waffle, hope it makes sense xx

Yes you could. The inhibition layer is not a necessary in order for the next layer of colour to adhere.

I've been reading this thread all day and making notes but cant find the answer to the question I wish to ask, please feel free to shoot me if its been asked :smack:

As the sculpting gel at present only comes in clear how would I create a french? I'm guessing I use Shellac cream puff? but then what top coat would I finish with if I did that, Shellac or brisa lite?

I know if I used full colour Shellac over the sculpting gel enhancement I would then finish with Shellac top, but in this case it would only be Shellac on the tips so I'm a bit confused.com :)

Edit...I've just looked on S2 and it does come in different shades, sorry....but could I still use cream puff to do the french? :)

Last edited:
Is ok to mix the bl sculpting colours so we can get the right tones for clients as we can for normal brisa ? Great information on this thread btw :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Is ok to mix the bl sculpting colours so we can get the right tones for clients as we can for normal brisa ? Great information on this thread btw :)

Absolutely it is OK to mix the colours and use additives etc ... Just like Brisa.

has a method of application for Swarovski Crystal Toes been discussed?

Many techs use Soak Off Gels for the SCT's as Shellac (in my experience) is not strong enough to hold the stones without Gelbond on free edge.

Now we have a SOG (so happy about this fact, i'm now smiling as i type this!) it makes sense that i take full advantage of this....

so my question re : SCTs - do we use sculptured gel or smoothing gel?

whichever is used I assume we place crystals in gel layer and topcoat over?

I've been reading this thread all day and making notes but cant find the answer to the question I wish to ask, please feel free to shoot me if its been asked :smack:

As the sculpting gel at present only comes in clear how would I create a french? I'm guessing I use Shellac cream puff? but then what top coat would I finish with if I did that, Shellac or brisa lite?

I know if I used full colour Shellac over the sculpting gel enhancement I would then finish with Shellac top, but in this case it would only be Shellac on the tips so I'm a bit confused.com :)

As to the first paragraph ... The BL Sculpting gel comes in 3 colours ( clear, pink and white) for creating French so your second question probably is not necessary. Lol

If I was creating a French with Shellac, then I would use full cover and finish with Shellac TopCoat.

Thought so, just needed that stamp of cnd approval lol, done a set of sculpted French on myself tonight,I think I maybe sending CND a Valentines as I'm 'In Love' :)

Geeg if i can just ask you to explain something for me..in the other brisa lite thread I mentioned that brisa lite is semi permanent, unlike brisa which is permanent..you informed me that brisa lite isn't semi permanent and is "as permanent as you want it to be".

I would like to know why L&P is considered semi permanent then, it was my understanding that enhancements that are soaked off are semi permanent and enhancements such as brisa are permanent as they need to be buffed off.

Also in the new video for the sculpting brisa lite gel, Jan Arnold mentions that brisa lite is an option "for clients needing that extra strength and length..without the time and commitment of a permanent gel."

Can you explain this for me?

Not saying you're wrong or anything, i'm obviously just getting my wires crossed somewhere along the line.

Geeg if i can just ask you to explain something for me..in the other brisa lite thread I mentioned that brisa lite is semi permanent, unlike brisa which is permanent..you informed me that brisa lite isn't semi permanent and is "as permanent as you want it to be".

I would like to know why L&P is considered semi permanent then, it was my understanding that enhancements that are soaked off are semi permanent and enhancements such as brisa are permanent as they need to be buffed off.

Also in the new video for the sculpting brisa lite gel, Jan Arnold mentions that brisa lite is an option "for clients needing that extra strength and length..without the time and commitment of a permanent gel."

Can you explain this for me?

Not saying you're wrong or anything, i'm obviously just getting my wires crossed somewhere along the line.

Stacey, if it's ok with you I'll have a wee go explaining...

In CND Education one of the ways we categorise our systems is by their removability. You will remember this from the first Nail Enhancements Basics day on CND Complete. You were correct in what you said..

Brisa is Permanent - because it's not made to be soaked of.
L&P and Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel are Semi-Permanent - we can go on wearing the coating by maintaining it, OR remove it easily if desired.
CND Shellac and Brisa Lite smoothing Gel are Temporary - these systems are not maintained, they are removed completely and replaced each appointment.

So with that in mind, any coating that is 'semi-permanent' CAN BE as permanent as you want it to be. There is no reason to remove Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel if you don't want/need to, simply maintain it by Rebalancing every 3 weeks for the rest of your life! But if you do choose to remove it, the process is quick and easy.

Hope this makes sense!

Last edited:
Cant wait to watch once i get the kids to school...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back