All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stacey, if it's ok with you I'll have a wee go explaining...

In CND Education one of the ways we categorise our systems is by their removability. You will remember this from the first Nail Enhancements Basics day on CND Complete. You were correct in what you said..

Brisa is Permanent - because it's not made to be soaked of.
L&P and Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel are Semi-Permanent - we can go on wearing the coating by maintaining it, OR remove it easily if desired.
CND Shellac and Brisa Lite smoothing Gel are Temporary - these systems are not maintained, they are removed completely and replaced each appointment.

So with that in mind, any coating that is 'semi-permanent' CAN BE as permanent as you want it to be. There is no reason to remove Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel if you don't want/need to, simply maintain it by Rebalancing every 3 weeks for the rest of your life! But if you do choose to remove it, the process is quick and easy.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks Fiona for replying. Makes perfect sense. I wasn't disagreeing with geeg that brisa lite sculpting gel can be rebalanced and not removed totally to re apply, was just curious incase what I had originally been taught, the information has now been changed. Also didn't want to think that I was giving people false information!

I think it's great it can be both maintained AND removed if necessary.

Thanks again...and...CANNOT WAIT for it to arrive in NZ!!!

Great video. Can you explain how the cool blue aids workability of the white gel though please? as I've never heard of this before. Is it like using isopropyl alcohol?
Thanks

Its an old competition trick. The cool blue being a gel like substance, puts a barrier between the brusH and the gel so that you can press onto it to smooth it without marking it or causing dips. No you can not substitute IPA for Cool Blue.

Great video. Can you explain how the cool blue aids workability of the white gel though please? as I've never heard of this before. Is it like using isopropyl alcohol?
Thanks

Cool technique isn't it? When I first saw this I was pretty baffled, and now I'm like 'why didn't I think of that!'
This tip comes from the Gel competition circuit. Many Gel competitors have been using it for years.

The CoolBlue acts as a gentil 'lubricant' between the gel on the brush and the gel on the nail, so when you touch it lightly the gel on the nail doesn't stick to the brush. This allows us to gently press and smooth, a motion that's normally used with L&P. Simple IPA will not do this, it's the slipperiness of the CoolBlue that makes it happen.

Just remember that once you do this you CAN NOT go back and apply more gel on top. (Avoid a CoolBlue sandwich) This is a tip for the final finishing touch before curing zone one.

Cool technique isn't it? When I first saw this I was pretty baffled, and now I'm like 'why didn't I think of that!'
This tip comes from the Gel competition circuit. Many Gel competitors have been using it for years.

The CoolBlue acts as a gentil 'lubricant' between the gel on the brush and the gel on the nail, so when you touch it lightly the gel on the nail doesn't stick to the brush. This allows us to gently press and smooth, a motion that's normally used with L&P. Simple IPA will not do this, it's the slipperiness of the CoolBlue that makes it happen.

Just remember that once you do this you CAN NOT go back and apply more gel on top. (Avoid a CoolBlue sandwich) This is a tip for the final finishing touch before curing zone one.

That's brilliant! And obviously you must be sure to wipe the excess gel off of your brush with a wipe and not swipe back into the jar xx

Ok, I didn't sleep last night with all this going round in my head! I have ordered the smoothing gel and will be using it today at the salon in my shellac clients - can't wait, BUT - do I need to convert to the sculpting gel also when I already use Calgel at the moment, which is soak off. All of my clients are natural nail clients and I only sculpt/tip if they have broken a nail, so my calgel sits dormant. I love everything CND and just want everything new that comes out but would I be wasting my money as I have doing Calgel?

Ok, I didn't sleep last night with all this going round in my head! I have ordered the smoothing gel and will be using it today at the salon in my shellac clients - can't wait, BUT - do I need to convert to the sculpting gel also when I already use Calgel at the moment, which is soak off. All of my clients are natural nail clients and I only sculpt/tip if they have broken a nail, so my calgel sits dormant. I love everything CND and just want everything new that comes out but would I be wasting my money as I have doing Calgel?

You're in the same situation as me pretty much. I too have soak off gel that sits dormant in my room because everyone only wants natural nails! I am hardly, if ever, asked for any sort of enhancements. Just shellac and manicures. Therefore I will not be investing in brisa lite sculpting gel for the time being. If however, you feel that you will use it then by all means go for it! As far as I can tell, as long as you are enhancement trained, you are able to buy and use the sculpting gel. Of course, you can do the product knowledge course if you feel you need to (good idea to really to get the most out of it) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

The reason it is only PEP is that .. CND has just released another FIRST for the nail industry. There is absolutely nothing else like it.

Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing Gel ... To be used as a partner with Shellac for clients who need a bit more help with their challenged nails.

And .....

Brisa Light Removable Sculpting Gel is for permanent enhancements that can be rebalanced continually (just like BRISA hard gel) or for creating short term shape and length for a client who would like to have it soaked off and removed after a special occasion.

** This enhancement gel is the very first truly removable enhancement gel that requires no shine removal from the natural nails ... In other words no nail buffing prior to application or removal.

** This remarkable gel is 4 times easier to control and 5 times easier to remove and 10 times tougher than any other gel in the same category of soak off gels.

What will interest your clients is ....
There is no nail buffing or shine removal when you wear Brisa Lite. There is far less time that they need to commit to removal as the removal is complete in 30 minutes or less ( if you're like me and don't work too think). All the Shellac colours they love can of course be applied to Brisa Lite. Another couple of fantastic points are ... there is virtually no heat spike and there is no yellowing.
All things they are having to experience now with other gels. Your clients are going to WANT to use Brisa Lite and will be asking you to use it. Win win.

And that is just a little information for starters. :lol:
Can i quote this on facebook please x

Quote. "Just remember that once you do this you CAN NOT go back and apply more gel on top. (Avoid a CoolBlue sandwich) This is a tip for the final finishing touch before curing zone one."

Didn't the top coat go over the top though after you smoothed the white with the CoolBlue?

Do you have to wipe the CoolBlue off with IPA then apply the top coat???

Last edited:
Quote. "Just remember that once you do this you CAN NOT go back and apply more gel on top. (Avoid a CoolBlue sandwich) This is a tip for the final finishing touch before curing zone one."

Didn't the top coat go over the top though after you smoothed the white with the CoolBlue?

Do you have to wipe the CoolBlue off with IPA then apply the top coat???

Once you have used the Coolblue you will be refining the whole enhancement then cleansing with IPA before applying your top coat so any residue left on the white from the Coolblue will be removed.

Last edited:
Do you need to flash cure with the sculpting gel?
Thanks x

I am really loving the cool blue trick but just want to clarify something please.

Once you have used the cool blue do you just place the hand into the lamp......the cool blue gel does'nt affect the way it cures or anything?

I'm curious how the Brisa lite sculpting gel files?
Is it more rubbery or is it more like original Brisa?
Thank you in advance for answer :)

Oh. Is scrubfresh recommended with Brisa lite?

Scrubfresh is recommended with all CND services - correct me if that's wrong! x

Do you need to flash cure with the sculpting gel?
Thanks x

I never do, because the BL Sculpting gel stays right where you put it. But if you are taking allot of time you may want to and that is OK.

Last edited:
I am really loving the cool blue trick but just want to clarify something please.

Once you have used the cool blue do you just place the hand into the lamp......the cool blue gel does'nt affect the way it cures or anything?

No it doesn't. If it did we would not be recommending it much less putting it on a CND training video. :)

I'm curious how the Brisa lite sculpting gel files?
Is it more rubbery or is it more like original Brisa?
Thank you in advance for answer :)

Oh. Is scrubfresh recommended with Brisa lite?

It files like a dream and rubbery it is NOT :biggrin: Brisa is easy to file and BL is even easier ... Lite touch and soft files ... You could even finish with a Koala. You are the gel Queen, Anna ... You are going to fall in love with Brisa Lite Sculpting gel and Smoothing gel.

ScrubFresh as always is part of CND PEP before all services.

SOON, Anna! :Love:

Once you have used the Coolblue you will be refining the whole enhancement then cleansing with IPA before applying your top coat so any residue left on the white from the Coolblue will be removed.

So do you only use it when doing the white gel last? If you did your zone 1 white first then used cool blue and cured, would you have to IPA this before you started the pink?

Latest posts

Back