All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi,

I use The brisa system,and am having amazing results,
but in the last week or so i am finding my gel lifting from the front edge, for my nails,
was wondering if you could maybe give me some idea as to why that would be happening,
I have gone over the preparation and i am doing nothing different, then i would do for one of my ladies,
could it be the base coat?

Regards Toni

Have you also sealed the free edge? Maybe used to much Base Coat? Or not enaugh? Scraped it on or polished on?

does anyone know how i can create a cover pink to extend the nail bed with brisa lite sculpting?

I asked a similar question a while ago and was advised to mix a little white in with the pink. Not tried it yet though! Hth xx

Hi guys
Thinking about changing gels and possibly thinking of brisa lite for the strength with shellac for the colour. Would this work? I currently use Calgel and the coloured gel is strong enough to maintain nails with where as shellac isn't. So what happens? do you buff off the shellac at each maintenance re balance with brisa then re apply shellac?? How long should a maintenance take this way?? What is the curing times for both gels ? Also I need the brisa to be soak able so which one do I need?? I will be using for overlays and extensions. How cost effective is it?

It's always a good idea to thin out the tip prior to application, not just to remove the shine from it but also to minimise the amount of actual tip in your application. So yes :)

Any advice on tip blending when using this system? I am L&P and Gel trained but with a different brand, haven't done them for years as I don't enjoy doing enhancements (or blending tips lol) and have always been a natural nail tech - I'm thinking about adding this service to my menu.

Also, would I need to get an extractor fan for all of the dust?

Shakira x

Last edited:
Hey lovelies! Just a quick question. I currently am trained in CND Shellac and would like to do the brisa lite removable gels course. Really want to be able to offer the sculpting gels! Do I need any experience in enhancements to do this course?really want to learn! Will be giving sweet squared a call in the morning but was just curious! :)

Hey lovelies! Just a quick question. I currently am trained in CND Shellac and would like to do the brisa lite removable gels course. Really want to be able to offer the sculpting gels! Do I need any experience in enhancements to do this course?really want to learn! Will be giving sweet squared a call in the morning but was just curious! :)

As far as I'm aware you need to be enhancement trained - but just double check with them in the morning. The first few pages of this post should contain the answer - sorry if this is no help but I didn't want to read and run :)

As far as I'm aware you need to be enhancement trained - but just double check with them in the morning. The first few pages of this post should contain the answer - sorry if this is no help but I didn't want to read and run :)

Thankyou! I appreciate you responding to me :)

I think you can do the Build It course without any enhancement training as I think it's targeted at natural nail techs. Depends if you want to be fixing the odd broken nail or offering a full set as a service I think though xx

The build it course is for natural nail techs who want to repair or sculpt a broken nail. You would need the full brisa gel course to do full enhancements x

Oh, things must have changed then because I was asked to send my enhancement certs to Sweet Squared before I could purchase BL Sculpting gel when they first came out.

Although if you are booking on a course then I suppose they will be teaching you howt o use them :)

Oh, things must have changed then because I was asked to send my enhancement certs to Sweet Squared before I could purchase BL Sculpting gel when they first came out.

Although if you are booking on a course then I suppose they will be teaching you howt o use them :)

You're right as far as I'm aware, I did my training in Oct 2013 for L&P with CND and I was told by the EA you have to be enhancement trained to do the BL Sculpting course but not for BL Smoothing, this is because it's a half day course for each part (smoothing and sculpting) and for BL Sculpting they have to work from your knowledge of how to enhance the natural nail. It would be very difficult to teach you how to enhance nails in half a day with no previous knowledge or experience in enhancements, well not unless you're a complete natural at enhancements! Lol. I know I needed longer than 3 hours ;) xxx

You're right as far as I'm aware, I did my training in Oct 2013 for L&P with CND and I was told by the EA you have to be enhancement trained to do the BL Sculpting course but not for BL Smoothing, this is because it's a half day course for each part (smoothing and sculpting) and for BL Sculpting they have to work from your knowledge of how to enhance the natural nail. It would be very difficult to teach you how to enhance nails in half a day with no previous knowledge or experience in enhancements, well not unless you're a complete natural at enhancements! Lol. I know I needed longer than 3 hours ;) xxx

Thought so :)

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but I could not find it. If I am using natural tips with Brisa Lite Sculpting gel do I still need to blend the tip, as I would acrylics?. What about clear tips, do they need to be blended too?

Will the normal shellac base coat work underneath or must it be the smoothing base coat? I only ask because my base coat hast arrived yet and need it for a client tomorrow. Thanks

Yay! Have finally used the last of my Brisa gel and have now ordered Brisa lite sculpting gel!! Cannot wait for it to arrive!!
Any tips from you seasoned users? Have watched the CND video over and over again in eager anticipation!! 😘xx

A few unanswered questions hanging in this thread!

Hi guys
Thinking about changing gels and possibly thinking of brisa lite for the strength with shellac for the colour. Would this work? I currently use Calgel and the coloured gel is strong enough to maintain nails with where as shellac isn't. So what happens? do you buff off the shellac at each maintenance re balance with Brisa then re apply shellac?? How long should a maintenance take this way?? What is the curing times for both gels ? Also I need the Brisa to be soak able so which one do I need?? I will be using for overlays and extensions. How cost effective is it?
Brisa Lite partnered with CND Shellac works incredibly well.
If your client needs no additional length then choose Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel with CND Shellac, this will be completely removed and re-done every time. Removal takes 15 mins with CND Nourishing Remover.
For clients who need additional length use Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel with CND Shellac. Maintain every three weeks by performing a rebalance (yes, the CND Shellac will be buffed off and re-applied after the rebalance). A maintenance appointment should take between 45-90 mins depending on the client and your own skill level. (If the client uses SolarOil every day the maintenance appointment will ALWAYS take much less time).
Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel is easily removable, there is a step by step here:

https://www.cnd.com/pdf/Step by Steps (including Shellac)/BrisaLite_Sculpting_Gel_Removal_SBS.pdf

Any advice on tip blending when using this system? I am L&P and Gel trained but with a different brand, haven't done them for years as I don't enjoy doing enhancements (or blending tips lol) and have always been a natural nail tech - I'm thinking about adding this service to my menu.

Also, would I need to get an extractor fan for all of the dust?

Shakira x

CND Tips are thin and flexible, yes they need blended, but it's quick and easy. When preparing the tip for application make sure it's thin and pre-tailored to match the client's nail before adhering to the nail, blending should then be a dream! Check out Holly's video for help with tipping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxL1R8ra_qE

Also, no one enjoys tip blending, if they say they do they are lying or are a weirdo :)p) Tipping is a means to an end and is only ever done once on each client, I'e, the first time, on any nails that need lengthened and are not suitable for sculpting forms - after that it's maintenance (rebalancing), there is never a need to completely remove, cut down client's nail and start again, that would be mega counter-productive, that practice goes against what we are trying to achieve. (Which is a regular 3 weekly rebalance client with beautiful natural nails coated with our chosen enhancement product - extending length should be a short term thing till the nail grows out).

Controlling dust is 100% the nail professional's responsibility. It is not good to ignore dust and if you are operating somewhere where BY LAW you must use extraction ventilation then absolutely do it.
HOWEVER, dust can easily be controlled and kept to an absolute minimum when you do not have the luxury of extraction ventilation. Here are some tips:
- sculpt with the brush and not with the file, this will keep dust and time to a minimum.
- use a damp cloth to wipe down your table, bottles, workspace between clients and change your desk towel regularly.
- mop a hard floor or hoover carpet each night after working.

Some facts about dust here: http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unatural/3623-frosty-dust-man.html

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but I could not find it. If I am using natural tips with Brisa Lite Sculpting gel do I still need to blend the tip, as I would acrylics?. What about clear tips, do they need to be blended too?
CND recommends the use of clear tips only with Brisa and Brisa Lite, for the same reason we use clear sculpting forms, to ensure a thorough cure.
Consider why we blend tips in the first place, it's not just to get rid of 'the line', it's to ensure a proper fit and to minimise the amount of tip in our application while maximising the amount of gel. Remember that the tip is not what gives the nail enhancement strength, the gel does that, the tip is merely a canvas to build it on.

Will the normal shellac base coat work underneath or must it be the smoothing base coat? I only ask because my base coat hast arrived yet and need it for a client tomorrow. Thanks

If you look at the ingredients you will see they are very similar, but the formulas are different, one is designed to anchor CND Shellac to the nail and the other Brisa Lite, as far as the manufacturer is concerned they are not interchangeable.

Yay! Have finally used the last of my Brisa gel and have now ordered Brisa lite sculpting gel!! Cannot wait for it to arrive!!
Any tips from you seasoned users? Have watched the CND video over and over again in eager anticipation!! 😘xx

Yay! I hope you are enjoying using your Brisa Lite! Are you stopping using regular Brisa? If so, why? I use both, it's true that I use Brisa Lite on more clients than I do Brisa Gel, but Brisa Gel is still the only completely solvent resistant nail coating option we have so I'd never be without it.

Thanks for replying. To be honest I only have a couple of gel clients which is why it took so long to use it all. Regarding replacing Brisa, it think it's because I have hyped up Brisa lite so much!! 😝😳.
Will see how my two Brisa clients get on with it. I am only charging them the cost of an infill to replace the Brisa for the Brisa lite. If it works well on them then great, if not then may re order regular Brisa too!
As you stock both, how do you feel they compare? x

Hi I've just bought the brisa lite sculpting gel kit and I had a go but I've not used a soak off gel before only hard gels. It's been a few years since I've done gels and this might seem like a silly question but do you file the nail to smooth after the gel has been applied or do you have to get the shape right before curing?

Hi I've just bought the brisa lite sculpting gel kit and I had a go but I've not used a soak off gel before only hard gels. It's been a few years since I've done gels and this might seem like a silly question but do you file the nail to smooth after the gel has been applied or do you have to get the shape right before curing?

File into shape after curing x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back