All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I be right in saying then that the steps for sculpting gel and shellac would be BL base, build nail, dsperse, file, then shellac colour x2 and shellac top coat or am I wrong? Apologies if this has been answered I haven't seen any of the steps for sculpting only smoothing.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using SalonGeek
Yes and the steps for sculpting are here in the thread already answered.

Oh I wasn't aware the advice had changed :confused:
Thanks for letting me know tho and I will try and remember lol

This advice became official only about a week ago, you are one of the first to know :)

How long does the smoothing gel last for when used alone as a natural nail overlay?

How long does the smoothing gel last for when used alone as a natural nail overlay?
It should be removed like Shellac but every 3 weeks .. Of course clients need to be doing their part with aftercare and they need to respect their investment.

Three week wear!!!

Providing manufacturer's guidelines are followed of course. :)

Ive read all through this thread and can't find answer to this:

If client has a split low down on the nail plate - can I lay a piece of silk on cured base coat over the split and then apply BL smoothing gel over the silk ?

I'm currently using bio sculpture in this way but want to use BL smoothing on a client tomorrow who has a split nail.

Or what would you recommend.

Many thanks

If client has a split low down on the nail plate - can I lay a piece of silk on cured base coat over the split and then apply BL smoothing gel over the silk ?

I'm currently using bio sculpture in this way but want to use BL smoothing on a client tomorrow who has a split nail.

Many thanks
You could, but I would recommend the Brisa Light Removable Sculpting Gel.

Many thanks

I asked this the other day in the 1st Brisa lite thread and the answer was not to use silk with BL as it would show through and to use the sculpting gel on its own for a repair instead as it was strong enough not to need silk. On thinking about it though I've decided if the split's really low down ill continue to repair with silk and hard gel so that it can grow out as opposed to the BL being soaked off.

Just thought I'd try and answer that one coz poor old geegs been doing these questions since 9am and must be cream crackered coz we've all well and truly picked her brains!
Hope that helps anyway x

I asked this the other day in the 1st Brisa lite thread and the answer was not to use silk with BL as it would show through and to use the sculpting gel on its own for a repair instead as it was strong enough not to need silk. On thinking about it though I've decided if the split's really low down ill continue to repair with silk and hard gel so that it can grow out as opposed to the BL being soaked off.

Just thought I'd try and answer that one coz poor old geegs been doing these questions since 9am and must be cream crackered coz we've all well and truly picked her brains!
Hope that helps anyway x

Thank you ... Bed now. ... Really! :hug: but remember, the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel does not have to be soaked off until you want to soak it off. You can maintain it until a low split grows out.

Last edited:
Gigi going to her well deserved bed now so I'll pick your brains if that's ok? Lol

To do a repair with the Brisa Lite application, would you do a whole nail thinly with Brisa hard gel or a Brisa hard gel repair patch like you would do with acrylic?

It has never crossed my mind before to use Brisa hard gel to repair splits. Can this method also be used with the smoothing system has not to soak off the repair work each time?

Hope that helps anyway x

Gigi going to her well deserved bed now so I'll pick your brains if that's ok? Lol

To do a repair with the Brisa Lite application, would you do a whole nail thinly with Brisa hard gel or a Brisa hard gel repair patch like you would do with acrylic?

It has never crossed my mind before to use Brisa hard gel to repair splits. Can this method also be used with the smoothing system has not to soak off the repair work each time?

Hi, I use NSI balance hard gel so can't comment on Brisa hard gel I'm afraid. However, what I usually do for a repair under shellac is apply a very thin layer of clear hard gel then embed the silk over the split and push down firmly with my gel brush, then I cure, then I apply another thin layer of hard gel over the top and cure again. I then wipe the inhibition layer off with d-sperse and gently buff with a white block to ensure a totally smooth finish. I then proceed with shellac application as normal. The repair is then just left to grow out.

If you repair with the BL sculpting gel (remember you do NOT need silk) then if you choose to soak off the whole enhancement, as opposed to rebalancing, then obviously the split will be visible again until you reapply the BL sculpting gel again.

I was advised that the smoothing gel is not strong enough for repairs and you need the BL sculpting gel for that job instead.

Hope that makes sense x

Dear Gigi and other nail techs who helped reply this thread, I would like to say a big thank you for all your amazing effort!

I have taken notes and I will be reading and adding to it once you guys are up and answering more questions again tomorrow.

For those who are about to ask questions, please make sure your q's haven't already been answered! :)

x Mona :Kissing::hug:

And two weeks later...

I wanted to mention this, it's important. I saw reference to which file to use to file finish Brisa Lite Sculpted Gel Enhancements. The 180 side of the Blizzard board is fab, but not entirely necessary- you CAN finish file with a KOALA, or even a KANGA. The product is SO soft, it hardly needs much swiping with a file at all- so remember, LESS is MORE.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360122933.002626.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360122933.002626.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 931
Hi there, currently I am using NSI acrylic with ysnail full tip form which speeds up my process a lot since I don't need to file nail with the dual form system .

The Brisa lite sounds better cause there won't be any odor. My only concern is can I still use my dual form with it ?need to hold the form in the uv light? If its not necessary how's the speed? Thanks

Hi there, currently I am using NSI acrylic with ysnail full tip form which speeds up my process a lot since I don't need to file nail with the dual form system .

The Brisa lite sounds better cause there won't be any odor. My only concern is can I still use my dual form with it ?need to hold the form in the uv light? If its not necessary how's the speed? Thanks

Are the Dual Forms clear? That part is imperative, as the Brisa Lite cannot cure correctly without being sculpted on a clear tip or clear form.

1000 Apologies, I had looked through all 5 pages at the time before posting my question, so I guess I missed it.

Hi, I use NSI balance hard gel so can't comment on Brisa hard gel I'm afraid. However, what I usually do for a repair under shellac is apply a very thin layer of clear hard gel then embed the silk over the split and push down firmly with my gel brush, then I cure, then I apply another thin layer of hard gel over the top and cure again. I then wipe the inhibition layer off with d-sperse and gently buff with a white block to ensure a totally smooth finish. I then proceed with shellac application as normal. The repair is then just left to grow out.

If you repair with the BL sculpting gel (remember you do NOT need silk) then if you choose to soak off the whole enhancement, as opposed to rebalancing, then obviously the split will be visible again until you reapply the BL sculpting gel again.

I was advised that the smoothing gel is not strong enough for repairs and you need the BL sculpting gel for that job instead.

Hope that makes sense x

Thank you Waffle it makes perfect sense. :)
Can you just clarify do you do a patch repair using hard gel or do you do the entire nail?

It is not practical to use the DSF with gel. Sorry.

Hi! I've got a question I've often wondered about. I use clear tips with gel and understand that it will then cure both sides. But what if your doing an overlay on a long thick natural nail? Would that not be the same as using a normal tip? So does that mean it doesn't cure properly? And thanks geeg for all the time taken with this thread xxx

Morning Geeg, hope you slept well, thank you so much for posting this thread and for all the information this thread has provided. What would we have done without it and salon geek! Happy Posting today!

Just thought I would tell you all about my experience last night, I had a new client in last night and when she came in she said she had had acrylics done by NSS and when I removed her nail varnish OMG she had VERY deep ridges where the salon had been drilling away. Ahhhh! She had actually come in for shellac but of course on removing her varnish my little brain was doing overtime and thinking Brisa Lite Client definitely! So that's what I did! Used the smoothing gel by the way! Outcome: not a ridge in sight by the time I finished and shellac went on beautifully! I have done ridged nails in the past (not this bad) with shellac only and although they disguise a lot, the edges were always a bit bumpy! No more! She is going to try 3 weeks so will see how she gets on. Didn't take pics as battery on camera was dead!

Latest posts

Back