All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at post number 63 in this thread Tammi its all there.

It would be BL Base coat ... cure for 10 secs
One coat of BL Smoothing gel ... cure 2 minutes
Remove inhibition layer with IPA
Apply polish base coat (now some will want to skip this step, but we think the polish adheres better to the surface), two coats of colour and finish with the POLISH Top coat. :hug:
Thanks for the question.

You know...it probably is but there just sooooooo much in this thread. It's overwhelming. :D

You know...it probably is but there just sooooooo much in this thread. It's overwhelming. :D

I know !! And I only started it this morning to make things more organized as the other thread is just chaotic!! :lol: 8 pages later in one brief day and I HAVE BEEN AT IT ALL DAY LONG. I think it's time for a good glass of red and then bed. :zzz:
X

Have you not read the technicaql thread about Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel and Smoothing gel? You question is answered there or at least it will help you to make up your mind with loads of information.

Your info is incorrect regarding infilling. Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel is an enhancement gel, a removable enhancement gel that requires no buffing or shine removal from the natural nail. You can use it with tips, sculpt with it, do natural nail overlays, and infill it for as long as you want or need to.

This product, Brisa Lite removable Sculpting Gel, is the only nail enhancement system in the world that adheres to the natural nail without the need for shine removal. It's what we've always dreamed of!

Thank you Geeg! I haven't even seen that technical thread :eek:

I know i can infill with Brisa lite, i meant if a client comes in with hard gel enhancements, i can't infill those existing nail enhancements with Brisa lite (if that makes sense) I will go read that technical thread now :)

I am just about to place my order for the smoothing gel, I am going to buy the kit, does this include a brush ? Sorry it doesn't say on the listing ! I don't have one so will need to add that to the order if it doesn't include it. Apologies if I am not supposed to ask silly questions on this thread :Scared: x

I have not yet done my Brisa conversion but have been able to purchase Brisa Lite sculpting kit as an trained in both Biosculpture and NSI balance gel. Would you be kind enough to confirm how to make a sculptured extension. I have had a go and fairly sure it was correct but just like confirmation . Many thanks and fantastic thread

Hi jojo, yes brush is included, I've received my smoothing kit today

I am just about to place my order for the smoothing gel, I am going to buy the kit, does this include a brush ? Sorry it doesn't say on the listing ! I don't have one so will need to add that to the order if it doesn't include it. Apologies if I am not supposed to ask silly questions on this thread :Scared: x

Yes it does, and I have stated that several times in earlier posts. Not slapping your wrist, just wish people would think a little bit about the time I have spent today and read the posts before they ask the same question again. :hug:

I have not yet done my Brisa conversion but have been able to purchase Brisa Lite sculpting kit as an trained in both Biosculpture and NSI balance gel. Would you be kind enough to confirm how to make a sculptured extension. I have had a go and fairly sure it was correct but just like confirmation . Many thanks and fantastic thread

Nope!! Not going to write that all out. :lol: The full step by steps are available at cnd.com and also it is straight forward to anyone who is trained ... base coat ... build (you can do it in one hit on a healthy nail .. 2 layers on an unhealthy nail) wipe with D.Sperse, file finish, add BL top coat. wipe with D.Sperse. done. I am speaking to you as a trained technician ... not a beginner. :hug:

Thank you Geeg! I haven't even seen that technical thread :eek:

I know i can infill with Brisa lite, i meant if a client comes in with hard gel enhancements, i can't infill those existing nail enhancements with Brisa lite (if that makes sense) I will go read that technical thread now :)

Of course you can. Id rather start afresh but you can do it.

Nope!! Not going to write that all out. :lol: The full step by steps are available at cnd.com and also it is straight forward to anyone who is trained ... base coat ... build (you can do it in one hit on a healthy nail .. 2 layers on an unhealthy nail) wipe with D.Sperse, file finish, add BL top coat. wipe with D.Sperse. done. I am speaking to you as a trained technician ... not a beginner. :hug:

Thanks Gigi thats the confirmation I required, I did check CND.com first but was just a little unsure. I'm a happy bunny now I know I did it right! It was so easy to work with and unbelievably strong, I hope it holds like it says it will ( have to admit feel very confident it will). Amazing thanks CND bye bye Biosculpture.
Thanks again Gigi hugs x

Would I be right in saying then that the steps for sculpting gel and shellac would be BL base, build nail, dsperse, file, then shellac colour x2 and shellac top coat or am I wrong? Apologies if this has been answered I haven't seen any of the steps for sculpting only smoothing.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using SalonGeek

Would I be right in saying then that the steps for sculpting gel and shellac would be BL base, build nail, dsperse, file, then shellac colour x2 and shellac top coat or am I wrong? Apologies if this has been answered I haven't seen any of the steps for sculpting only smoothing.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using SalonGeek

Check out the step by steps on cnd.com they are a great resource. ;)

What's the best way of cleaning your gel brush after using Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel? I cleaned with Dsperse which seemed to work fine but I'm not sure if this was the right thing to do.

What's the best way of cleaning your gel brush after using Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel? I cleaned with Dsperse which seemed to work fine but I'm not sure if this was the right thing to do.
yes cleaning your brush in dsperse (IPA) is the right thing to do, just a little on a lint free pad , keep a little gel in your brush to keep it conditioned for your next use, it will be fine as long as you've popped away in its case. x

Hi guys,

I received my brisa lite kit today, can anyone help me out as how to use the products?
I do a lot of shellac and really want to introduce this to my clients, so any help would be appreciated???

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the smoothing gel and sculpting gel need stirring before use? If so with anything in particular or in a certain way? how often? :)

I always clean my gel brushes on a lint free pad soaked with Scrubfresh :hug:

Does the smoothing gel and sculpting gel need stirring before use? If so with anything in particular or in a certain way? how often? :)
nope the smoothing and sculpting gel do not require stirring before use, just remember to shake the base and top coat x

Last edited:
I always clean my gel brushes on a lint free pad soaked with Scrubfresh :hug:

CND always did recommend cleaning gel brushes in this way, I did it for years. The most up to date advice from CND now is to clean with d.sperse (99% IPA) - whether you are using Brisa Gel, either of the Brisa Lite Systems or CND Shellac. this will protect and prolong the life of the synthetic hairs the CND brush is made from.

The only deviation is the gel brushes used for applying Additives and Glitter to CND Shellac, wash those with soap and water and make sure they are completely dry before using again.

Last edited:
CND always did recommend cleaning gel brushes in this way, I did it for years. The most up to date advice from CND now is to clean with d.sperse (99% IPA) - whether you are using Brisa Gel, either of the Brisa Lite Systems or CND Shellac. this will protect and prolong the life of the synthetic hairs the CND brush is made from.

The only deviation is the gel brushes used for applying Additives and Glitter to CND Shellac, wash those with soap and water and make sure they are completely dry before using again.

Oh I wasn't aware the advice had changed :confused:
Thanks for letting me know tho and I will try and remember lol

Latest posts

Back