All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When rebalancing, would the BL Base coat go over the whole nail or just the regrowth area?

I'm assuming yes as I believe you need the BL basecoat for the smoothing or sculpting gel to adhere to. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong x

When rebalancing, would the BL Base coat go over the whole nail or just the regrowth area?

I'm assuming yes as I believe you need the BL basecoat for the smoothing or sculpting gel to adhere to. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong x

During a Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting Gel Rebalance apply Brisa Lite Base Coat to the entire nail.
In terms of adhesion, the layer of gel you apply will adhere to the gel already on the nail without Base Coat, but applying Brisa Lite Base Coat all over will give a smoother, more even application. The Base Coat is necessary for adhesion to the natural nail.

hi having just seen the Jan Arnold (before i think it got deleted or moved ?!) Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel Video ... why was the Smoothing Gel put in a pot rather than a bottle ?

thanks

kx

hi having just seen the Jan Arnold (before i think it got deleted or moved ?!) Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel Video ... why was the Smoothing Gel put in a pot rather than a bottle ?

thanks

kx

It's viscosity is quite a bit thicker than the base and top coats, putting it in a pot gives you more control over the amount you pick up. You DO want to pick up a small bead to spread out with your brush over the entire nail- and the new Square Gel Brush helps it to apply like a DREAM :)

Great video is there one for the sculpting gel too?

Of Course there is but we are going to drip feed you as we get them.

CND have kindly given us permission to display this to the salongeeks before anyone else.

Thank you CND and thank you WeeFee for uploading it to the site. :Love:

So you know how we don't have to remove the shine. Well if we are extending with a clear tip using the sculpting gel then do we just leave it shiny? Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Are the B/L Smoothing & B/L Sculpting both the same strength as each other.?

OR
If B/L Sculpting is stronger than B/L Smoothing is it ok to use B/L Sculpting for natural nail overlays for even more strength?

Are the B/L Smoothing & B/L Sculpting both the same strength as each other.? No they are notthe same strength as each other ... or there would be no need for two different gels. :biggrin:

OR
If B/L Sculpting is stronger than B/L Smoothing Which it is
is it ok to use B/L Sculpting for natural nail overlays for even more strength?Absolutely !

The description of the gels and their usage is post number 11 on page one of this thread. Please read the thread.

So you know how we don't have to remove the shine. Well if we are extending with a clear tip using the sculpting gel then do we just leave it shiny? Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

We do not remove any shine from the natural nail during PEP

You would apply your tips and blend as usual which would include removing the shine from the tip.

Sculpting and Removal Science coming soon. Should be later tonight :)

WoW all I can say is what a brilliant article

Nails that are Lite Years Ahead​

Every now and again the nail industry produces product technology that is lite years ahead ... Pun intended!

Now Brisa Lite it's from CND Creative Nail Design for those who are not familiar, think Shellac the power polish that lasts 2 weeks with unsurpassed performance and shine with no buffing or damage to the natural nails. I'm a big fan of no damage, I do love my natural nails, well this concept just got better with Brisa Lite.

Brisa Lite in a nut shell is a power Extension system lite years ahead of the rest of the industry!
It's easy on and easy off with NO buffing of the natural nail prior to application. It can also be used under shellac to smooth out the nail bed to create the perfect base for nail polish, Shellac or even gel polish.

I always try things on myself first before using it on a client and I can honestly say .. WOW this stuff rocks my socks off!

It creates the perfect nail enhancement, its lite! Who new! And 10 X stronger than any other professional product out there.

I tried a few different techniques and I can say they all worked. One professional note to any techs reading this. Use clear forms if your sculpting with just the white tip.. The light needs to pass through the extension.

If your thinking of going to a salon that offers this.. You have stuck gold! It's way better than anything I have ever had on my nails and that's saying something.. I have been a tech for nearly 17 years!

Apart from gel manicures like Gelish and Shellac the hybrid nail polish, this new system has just set the standard so high now.. I have always said in the past CND are the Daddies of the industry but with this by golly are the proving it. I'm not one to be biased in any way as I'm an Independent educator and I teach advanced One 2 One for students holding certification in their chosen system, but this has to be the best so far.. And apparently there is more to come..

Up until now I have been using different brands to create a soak off hard gel, I even said to a leading competitor when I was working with them they needed to create this... Well CND have answered my prayers. I think that is what sets them out from the rest they listen to what good nail technicians want for their customers. That's perfect nails with no damage, that last and can be soaked off in minutes! Amen!

Look out for this in your nearest salon now!

It was released on Monday 4th February

Get booking. Get looking and get it done! Nails Extensions are back!!

Sarah Bacchus

Sarah is from the Beauty Finder Expert Author team on nails, is a Celebrity World Elite Master Nail Artist, Make Up Artist, Educator and published Author.

Thanks for the time and effort you are all putting in to answering questions on this thread. Here's mine...

If I use sculpting as a NNO how long should I give to soak off if it's just a thin covering? Will it still be the 30 mins as recommended or is that for a full extension?

Is it the same base coat for smoothing and sculpting or are they different formulations? in other words will I have to order 2 different when I run out or will one do the job?

Cheers

Thanks for the time and effort you are all putting in to answering questions on this thread. Here's mine...

If I use sculpting as a NNO how long should I give to soak off if it's just a thin covering? Will it still be the 30 mins as recommended or is that for a full extension?

Is it the same base coat for smoothing and sculpting or are they different formulations? in other words will I have to order 2 different when I run out or will one do the job?

Cheers

The recommended time is 30 minutes for the Brisa Lite Removable SCULPTING Gel ... obviously the thinner you make your nails the quicker it will soak off ... but I can't say how thin or thick your nails are to give you a definitive answer. You will have to test the nails as you go along and see.

Yes it is the same base coat and the same top coat for both gels.

I'm in the middle of doing my evening job as a cleaner but had to say now coz I'm so impressed!!! Normal shellac used to come off after an hours worth of cleaning (even wearing gloves) so was hard to promote to my clients so stopped doing my own.nails. HOWEVER....I put brisa lite smoothing gel (went on like a dream) and its still on my nails!!!! :D it's not even showing signs of trying to come off!!! I'm so pleased!!! Thank youCND for the answer to my nail prayers!!! So so happy :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360180192.768265.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360180192.768265.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 460
Just saw this after I posted to the other thread, I think however this is where my question is meant to be :) Thanks for this thread - its super informative!

I'm a little confused as to what exactly is the difference between Brisa lite base coat and shellac base coat?

I've just been through the Product sheets on CND.com and all ingredients are the same except for the last one 'CI 60730 (Ext. Violet 2)'. This, according to FDA is a color ingredient. (Im going on my training next week and I'm swotting up lol!)

Why would I then need to buy the brisa lite base coat when I could in theory use the shellac base coat?
Thanks
Cait

The formulation in both base coats is different, but that information is proprietary and unavailble to any one other than CND themselves, even us educators are not privy to proprietary information.
Again like anything else a system is designed to be used as a system, has been tested as a system and will give the results expected of that system when used as intended.
Using shellac base coat instead of Brisa lite base coat is not part of the system and you won't get the results you want. Likewise vice versa.
Jen xx

Just saw this after I posted to the other thread, I think however this is where my question is meant to be :) Thanks for this thread - its super informative!

I'm a little confused as to what exactly is the difference between Brisa lite base coat and shellac base coat?

I've just been through the Product sheets on CND.com and all ingredients are the same except for the last one 'CI 60730 (Ext. Violet 2)'. This, according to FDA is a color ingredient. (Im going on my training next week and I'm swotting up lol!)

Why would I then need to buy the brisa lite base coat when I could in theory use the shellac base coat?
Thanks
Cait

The ingredients in a cake are butter, sugar, flour, eggs .. But depending on the amount of each the cake is completely different. Just because something shares the same ingredients does not make the formula the same.

Some ( not suggesting that you are, Cait) are already trying to out smart or 'bend' the system but they need to accept the fact that the products need to be used as directed by CND. CND have come out with something absolutely superb and unique and we should all respect what that is doing for our businesses and abide by the protocols.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back