All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Geeg. Yes I watched the video, it's amazing!

I understand that was the reverse method, but what I would like to know is if you are not doing the reverse method, and doing your white first, would you ever use the cool blue trick? If you did, would you need to wipe with IPA before starting with you pink?

Sorry I'm not very good at explaining myself, I hope I haven't made myself sound stupid! Just waiting for my training...:Scared:
I got your question and am guiding you to do the reverse method if you want to emulate the video. I believe CND think this is the best way to achieve the extreme effect. You would have to wipe anything else after curing if you wished to add anything else

If you are building with the whites first, you CAN do the Cool Blue trick without wiping-and then move ahead to the pink- BUT! Make sure your smile wall is built just right. Then you won't drag your pink gel over it where the "magic sauce" was pressing into the white tip. :)

Also know that Extreme building is an advanced technique. Get the basics of Brisa Lite down, get really comfy with them, and then move on to the "dare to wear" sets :)

That's brilliant! And obviously you must be sure to wipe the excess gel off of your brush with a wipe and not swipe back into the jar xx

Yes, wipe off MOST of the excess, but you do want a thin coat of white on your brush- Otherwise the cool blue will seep into the hairs, and the trick will be cool no more ;) You have to make the brush "dirty" before you use the magic sauce. :)

Just watched you tube video on brisa lite sculpting and I have a question, if using sculpting with shellac then do I put on two layers of clear sculpting gel and then shellac, the video only shows French and only one layer of white and pink. Will this be strong enough on tips. Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldn't see it in the threads.

Just watched you tube video on brisa lite sculpting and I have a question, if using sculpting with shellac then do I put on two layers of clear sculpting gel and then shellac, the video only shows French and only one layer of white and pink. Will this be strong enough on tips. Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldn't see it in the threads.

If you are working on nice healthy nails then you should be able to work in one layer.

If working on thin or damaged nails then you can lay a base layer first and then a second layer to build in more shape.

The Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel is very strong and tough.

You don't just paint this gel on like polish unless you are using it as a first base layer. .... You sculpt with it for strength just like any other enhancement system. Then you gently file finish; it files very easily despite the fact it is so tough.

There is none of that 'rubbery' feel to Brisa Lite the way there is with other SOG's! It's a dream to work with in every way; if you are experienced in working with gel you will find it is a 'doddle' (as we say in the UK). :biggrin:

The CND Sculpting gel video is on page 13 of this thread if anyone wants to view it again.

Last edited:
If you are working on nice healthy nails then you should be able to work in one layer.

If working on thin or damaged nails then you can lay a base layer first and then a second layer to build in more shape.

You don't just paint this gel on like polish .... You sculpt with it for strength just like any other enhancement system. Then you gently file finish; it files very easily despite the fact it is so tough.

There is none of that 'rubbery' feel to Brisa Lite the way there is with other SOG's! It's a dream to work with in every way; if you are experienced in working with gel you will find it is a 'doddle' (as we say in the UK). :biggrin:

Thanks Geeg, my sculpting is arriving today so am going to have a play around with it over the weekend. Although I am trained with Brisas, I have also booked in with the lovely Kate Taylor for the training course on 20th March, so excited. You can never have enough training, and I love training days as you get to compare experiences with other beauty geeks!

Thanks Geeg, my sculpting is arriving today so am going to have a play around with it over the weekend. Although I am trained with Brisas, I have also booked in with the lovely Kate Taylor for the training course on 20th March, so excited. You can never have enough training, and I love training days as you get to compare experiences with other beauty geeks!

I have been using Brisa for years and in fact was one of the 'testers' for it when CND were first formulating it. Despite all that experience, I found my training last weekend with Brisa lite Removable Sculpting gel of great value for the product knowledge, which to me is essential to work smart with any product, and for the workability, the tips and tricks etc. I can never for the life of me understand why anyone with any intelligence would even contemplate not training with a product that is new to them and completely new to and a FIRST in the industry.?

You know, if after 30 years experience I feel I need training when something completely new comes along .. Can you just Imagine the arrogance of those who think they don't? :D Then those same people come here to Salon Geek complaining that its the products that don't work!! In 9 times out of ten, it turns out the person never had a class and didn't think they needed one .... Giant yawn ... Hello?

Last edited:
Hi
Does anybody know roughly how many sets we will get out of the brisa lite smoothing?

Hi
Does anybody know roughly how many sets we will get out of the brisa lite smoothing?

40 smoothing, 20 sculpting. It's on the cardboard sleeve that the bags come in x

I asked earlier in the thread about using regular polish over the smoothing gel, and that I would omit the Brisa lite top coat and go straight into polish; how about if a client would like the option of changing polish or wearing the smoothing gel au naturel during the 3 weeks of wear? For example a client of mine is not able to wear coloured polish for work, a smoothing gel NNO would be fab on her nails, but they need to natural for work during the week, with the option of her being able to polish them at the weekend. A long winded way of asking is it ok to polish over the brisa lite topcoat and remove later with non acetone remover??? Or a no no?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I asked earlier in the thread about using regular polish over the smoothing gel, and that I would omit the Brisa lite top coat and go straight into polish; how about if a client would like the option of changing polish or wearing the smoothing gel au naturel during the 3 weeks of wear? For example a client of mine is not able to wear coloured polish for work, a smoothing gel NNO would be fab on her nails, but they need to natural for work during the week, with the option of her being able to polish them at the weekend. A long winded way of asking is it ok to polish over the brisa lite topcoat and remove later with non acetone remover??? Or a no no?

If a client wants to wear polish, and have the option to change it, then the Sculpting gel would be the better choice of overlay because it is more dense than the Sculpting gel, BUT the fact is that using solvents will start to break down either gel and you will need to remove and start again at each appointment.

I can think of other options such as using a non soluble top coat over the BL Sculpting gel, such as Brisa Gloss, and that will not break down if she removes polish BUT you would have to file the Brisa Gloss off to remove it before removing the BL sculpting gel.

Or just use traditional Brisa hard gel as your overlay and then she needn't worry.
This seems the most practical option to me. :biggrin:

If a client wants to wear polish, and have the option to change it, then the Sculpting gel would be the better choice of overlay because it is more dense than the Sculpting gel, BUT the fact is that using solvents will start to break down either gel and you will need to remove and start again at each appointment.

I can think of other options such as using a non soluble top coat over the BL Sculpting gel, such as Brisa Gloss, and that will not break down if she removes polish BUT you would have to file the Brisa Gloss off to remove it before removing the BL sculpting gel.

Or just use traditional Brisa hard gel as your overlay and then she needn't worry.
This seems the most practical option to me. :biggrin:

Thankyou for clarifying Geeg, was emailed course dates yesterday for original Brisa conversion and Brisa sculpting gel so hopefully not long until I can offer these options :) xxx

I have one nail that just doesn't hold anything, including Brisa Smoothing. Would the sculpting Gel be ok to use just on my natural nail? As I don't really want tips or to be filing my nail. Xx

You don't just paint this gel on like polish unless you are using it as a first base layer. .... You sculpt with it for strength just like any other enhancement system. Then you gently file finish; it files very easily despite the fact it is so tough.

There is none of that 'rubbery' feel to Brisa Lite the way there is with other SOG's
! It's a dream to work with in every way; if you are experienced in working with gel you will find it is a 'doddle' (as we say in the UK). :biggrin:

The CND Sculpting gel video is on page 13 of this thread if anyone wants to view it again.

That answered my question :Love:

It files like a dream and rubbery it is NOT :biggrin: Brisa is easy to file and BL is even easier ... Lite touch and soft files ... You could even finish with a Koala. You are the gel Queen, Anna ... You are going to fall in love with Brisa Lite Sculpting gel and Smoothing gel.

ScrubFresh as always is part of CND PEP before all services.

SOON, Anna! :Love:

How did I miss this post? Thank you for the compliment Gigi :o
OMG, I can't believe that BL files easier then other gels! Dream come true! I have been calling my supplier daily (they would hate me but I'm a good spender hahahah... last weekend I blew $1000 on CND stuff- Shellac, lotions, oils etc so they put up with my OCD). I can't WAIT for Brisa Lite :Love: (I'm going for the class on Feb 17th).... and Spain :wink2::Love:

Last edited:
Hi quick question,
I've tried the Brisa lite smoothing gel today and it has gone on really well apart from one slight wrinkle on the thumb (i'm pretty new to shellac and haven't done any enhancement training yet, so apologise if this sounds dumb to all you experts)
What have I done wrong? Is the gel too thick or the top coat too thick??
Thanks for any advice x

Hi quick question,
I've tried the Brisa lite smoothing gel today and it has gone on really well apart from one slight wrinkle on the thumb (i'm pretty new to shellac and haven't done any enhancement training yet, so apologise if this sounds dumb to all you experts)
What have I done wrong? Is the gel too thick or the top coat too thick??
Thanks for any advice x

Did you do the Shellac training?

The primary cause of wrinkling is either you are using the wrong lamp to cure your Shellac OR you have applied one of your coats too thickly.

I really don't mean to be a party pooper but I'm confused about the removal time of the BL sculpting gel. I believe that earlier Geeg mentioned that there is no need to file (but I might have been dreaming) but the video shows to file the gel to a thin layer and then wrap and soak for 30 min.
I was hoping to just have the assistant wrap the nails as I'm finishing an earlier appointment and by 30 min the product will be ready to reapply...

Realistically how long would you say that the whole removal process takes. Filing most of the product off to a thin layer (thickness of Smoothing layer) is more then just "roughing up the surface".
Filing the BL sculpting would take maybe 10 min? Then applying the foils 2 min, then 30 min of soaking and then maybe 5 min to clean off the nails? So about 45 min?

I guess for returning clients it would be better to rebalance the gel by filing and reapplying. Filing for a rebalance takes me about 20-25 min (including cuticle work etc). If Brisa Lite is easy to file then maybe I will stick to filing?

How do you find this works in real salon life?

Did you do the Shellac training?

The primary cause of wrinkling is either you are using the wrong lamp to cure your Shellac OR you have applied one of your coats too thickly.

Yep, I've done the Shellac Brings em back class, using CND lamp and all CND products.

Just never experienced wrinkles b4, I've never used a gel before so I guess it's probably that which i've put on a bit too thick.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back