All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clear is pretty indispensable to me when doing a variety of cleints' nails.

1. You can use it to mix with your other colours or to add colour pigment to
create new colours.
2. You can use it For NNO's
3. You can use it to perfect shape if there is something you are not happy with.
4. To fill in dips or imperfections while learning.

Yes it was for NNOs I was thinking as I thought using the pink for this would be a 'waste' as usually would put colour over IYKWIM :)

Hi, I have a client who had Brisa Lite Sculpting last week (over her own nails) and has broken 2 of them within days. Now she admits to be heavy on her nails, doesn't look after them and prefers them to be very thick - about 3 times thicker than what they were.

Now...would it be worth putting extra layers on, or would you say this system just isn't for her (which is more what I am thinking)?

Hi, I have a client who had Brisa Lite Sculpting last week (over her own nails) and has broken 2 of them within days. Now she admits to be heavy on her nails, doesn't look after them and prefers them to be very thick - about 3 times thicker than what they were.

Now...would it be worth putting extra layers on, or would you say this system just isn't for her (which is more what I am thinking)?

Why not just make her nails a bit thicker and work with the client to find what suits her? It can take weeks for ex L&P clients to stop being so hard on their nails. Old habits have to be broken not the nails..

Thanks Geeg. She normally has a hard gel, but at the moment I don't offer that. She's heavy on her nails due to her job but hard gel worked ok (albeit she said she would have quite a bit of lifting by infill time).

Thanks Geeg. She normally has a hard gel, but at the moment I don't offer that. She's heavy on her nails due to her job but hard gel worked ok (albeit she said she would have quite a bit of lifting by infill time).

Brisa Lite, in the right thickness for her activity level will be as strong as any hard gel. Don't give up so easily and work together to sort it out for her.
Central vertical Apex .. make it stronger. Do you believe that she never broke a nail/s while wearing her hard gel? I don¡t! ... it wasn't working for her if she had lifting at every maintenance appointment either.

Just want to share I have ordered my Sculpting Kit and am super excited. Bring it on!!! xx

Hi girls, I have a client who would love crystals on her ring finger and loves BL. Can I embed them into BL? And how would I do it?
TIA
Alex

Evening geeks

I did my infill for Brisa lite sculpting gel this evening.

I am booked on training so just playing around till then.

I know my nails are thin & sensitive so I do 2 layers of the Brisa lite, but I'm still getting heat spike.

Does anyone experience this?

This put me off doing gels after I had trained. As not only me but the models I trained on got heat spike.

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Evening geeks

I know my nails are thin & sensitive so I do 2 layers of the Brisa lite, but I'm still getting heat spike.

This put me off doing gels after I had trained. As not only me but the models I trained on got heat spike.

When you get the spike, take your hand out of the lamp for a few seconds then put back in, it should stop it after that. I have one client only who gets heat spike when I do her shellac, we've worked it out to be likely it's hormones, so isn't necessarily that you are doing anything wrong, you obviously have a sensitivity to it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Never heard of heat spike being caused by hormones?!
It's usually because the nail plate has been thinned in the past or the layers of gel are too thick. Try putting the hand in and out of the lamp for the 1st 15 seconds before resuming full cure.

Never heard of heat spike being caused by hormones?!
It's usually because the nail plate has been thinned in the past or the layers of gel are too thick. Try putting the hand in and out of the lamp for the 1st 15 seconds before resuming full cure.

There was a whole discussion about it on here a while ago. It's hormones in her case ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi, I have a client who is a hairdresser. Had always worn L&P but hasn't had anything on for 4 months. I did on Monday her nails with Smoothing gel followed with Shellac. Today (Thursday) 4 have completely come off. All my other clients are doing very well. Shall I try her with Sculpting instead? Or go straight onto Brisa.

Evening geeks

Do you apply a very thin layer of gel first and cure it before you begin sculpting? I believe this helps to prevent from heat spike. :)

Hi geeks,

Just wondering if you can sculpt with the BL French white without using a tip and just using a form?

Good morning, Geeks
I'm sure somewhere in the 34 pages of Q&A the answer is here, so sorry if I haven't been able to find it.
My French mani Shellac clients don't care for Cream Puff and prefer the Studio White for their tips. If I do a French with the BL Sculpting, the white will be too bright for them. Any suggestions on toning down the white so it's more like the Studio White from Shellac?

Thanks for your help, and have a great day 💅

Good morning, Geeks
I'm sure somewhere in the 34 pages of Q&A the answer is here, so sorry if I haven't been able to find it.
My French mani Shellac clients don't care for Cream Puff and prefer the Studio White for their tips. If I do a French with the BL Sculpting, the white will be too bright for them. Any suggestions on toning down the white so it's more like the Studio White from Shellac?

There are several ways you can achieve the softer look.

1. Sculpt the nail with clear and pink and then paint Shellac on the tip.

2. Mix your BL White with a little of the pink and maybe even a smidgeon of yellow additive to make the white the softer colour you prefer.

Good morning, Geeks

I think I read somewhere along here that you can mix some of the white with the clear sculpting gel. Or you could mix a little yellow additive with the white xxx

I'm too slow at typing!!! Lol x

Latest posts

Back