All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my first rebalance today and there was NO lifting at all, I was so happy. I do the course in 3 days.
I tried Gelish hard gel but i was getting lifting all of the time, so glad i switched to Brisa Lite :)

I have some problem with brisa lite sculpting and I just can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Nails have been popping of, lifting and looking beautiful after 5 weeks.
A client texted me today saying that all nails have started to lift, I did them on wednesday! However I did my own nails also on wednesday and they look great.

Another client all nails popped of after a couple of days. I redid them and scrubfreshed twice and told her to contact me but havent heard back from her.

My cousin works in a stores warehouse and are ripping up boxes everyday with her hands. Beautiful after 5 weeks, no lifting. Have had extensions for 5 years and says its the best she ever had (However after that infill they lifted at the sidewalls after a couple weeks but did them in bad lightning so my fault)

Trained in nailextensions and been to a brisa lite sculpting come over course. Use all CND products. No producs have been on eponychium or sidewalls.

Could it be that i don't work the base coat in to the nail enough or applying it to thickly?. Or scrubfresh to much or little?

Edit: Forgot about cuticule work. Use cuticule away, pusher and curette. So thorough i would be suprised if i missed anything xD. After that spray water and soap, dry with towel.

Last edited:
I have some problem with brisa lite sculpting and I just can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Nails have been popping of, lifting and looking beautiful after 5 weeks.
A client texted me today saying that all nails have started to lift, I did them on wednesday! However I did my own nails also on wednesday and they look great.

Another client all nails popped of after a couple of days. I redid them and scrubfreshed twice and told her to contact me but havent heard back from her.

My cousin works in a stores warehouse and are ripping up boxes everyday with her hands. Beautiful after 5 weeks, no lifting. Have had extensions for 5 years and says its the best she ever had (However after that infill they lifted at the sidewalls after a couple weeks but did them in bad lightning so my fault)

Trained in nailextensions and been to a brisa lite sculpting come over course. Use all CND products. No producs have been on eponychium or sidewalls.

Could it be that i don't work the base coat in to the nail enough or applying it to thickly?. Or scrubfresh to much or little?

Edit: Forgot about cuticule work. Use cuticule away, pusher and curette. So thorough i would be suprised if i missed anything xD. After that spray water and soap, dry with towel.

If some of the nails you are doing are lifting off clean, then they were never on properly in the first place. We have discussed the things you mention already here on the thread.
Use ScrubFresh sparingly ... Damp ( Never wet ) pad and thoroughly dry.

Base coat should be worked onto the surface and thin with firm strokes

First layer of gel also worked well onto the cured base coat with firm strokes

Be meticulous and thorough so that all nails are done the same.

Thanks so much geeg. Must have missed the answers, sorry for making you answer again :o
If i'm doing french i don't use clear after basecoat and only flashcure the white but are going to work in clear to.
Also making sure that the basecoat is close to the cuticle and sidewalls so when i apply next layer that it doesn't go where the base coat isn't. Think that and that I might applied the base coat to thick is the issue why it works perfect sometimes and other times pop of :)

I just purchased a kit of the brisa lite sculpting gel, and have been trying it out on some friends before introducing it into the salon. Well this stuff is NOT staying on past 3 days and i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. i have applied it to 2 ladies one on friday and she lost one sat morning and the other last night and she lost all of them by this afternoon:cry: i do all steps properly the only thing i can think of is im not building the nail, i just want to use it for overlays.. others have told me that the base is to be applied super thin almost a dry brush technique. if anyone can help a girl out with some suggestions on what to do i would be greatly appreciative

You have to built with the brisa lite sculpting gel. Not just thin layer like the smoothing gel. You have to make an apex even with a nno

Anyone practicle knwoledge about Brisa Lite and autoimmune diseases?
I have a klient who has thyroid disease (Hashimoto) and systemic lupus erythematosus (a rheumatic disease). She takes cortisone, painkillers and other drugs.
Will Brisa Lite hold on her nails?

Hi
I have Hashimotos and it stayed on me very well until I removed it. I used smoothing not sculpting.
Hope that's helpful.

Thank you so much! I will try it.

Ladies how are you getting on with BL Sculpting?

I'm losing my will to live :(

After about 1.5/2 weeks some of the nails (sometimes one, sometimes more) pop off.

And that is on all clients :/

I did the training, read this thread and, watched videos but still struggling!

I do the right pep, apply base coat thinly, sort of brush it in, the next is 1st thin worked on coat of gel and the next coat of gel.

I struggle with building the body of enhancements with 2 coating of gel so it usually takes me 3. Could it be the reason?

I'm tired of embarrassment in front of my customers x

I'm getting on reasonably well with it, I have 3 clients and myself who it sticks to like glue and i have 2 clients who have problems. One of them gets a bit of lifting and the odd one has popped off and I've done repairs, the other lady has extremly thin nails and the sides of her free edge was curling away from the sculpts, so I've now applied tips this time.

Are you using all of the products recommended to use with brisa lite, scrub fresh, cuticle away (then removing with water or cnd sensations hand wash)

When i do it i do cutile work, apply tip, scrubfresh, apply base coat thinly, cure, thin layer of brisa lite over nail and tip, cure, put a medium bead of gel in stress area (& feather towards cuticle area, sidewalls and work towards free edge, cure, and do the same again with another medium bead of gel.

I find enhancements very tricky, i feel for you :hug:
Also I've learned to use less gel, I was worried that if i used too little it would break but thats not the case I've found.

I don't think brisa lite sculpting is supposed to be applied In layers - just one x

Now this might be where I go wrong. I should stick to 2 layers and that's it! Maybe I over-file as well? Hmmm :/

Thank you ladies for your support! I really appreciate it x

Ps. once- ages ago! I upset here someone (by expressing my views & having my own opinion :)) and since then my "cries" for help with CND products or generally nails are being often "unnoticed" by those who have been here for long so it's nice to get help and advice when I need it x You are treasures x

I can't seem to find an answer to this question...

I ordered my Brisa lite sculpting kit today and have a client on Thursday that I would quite like to try it on. The only thing is a forgot to order clear forms. I've phoned s2 and ordered them but they won't be here until Friday.

So my question is, can I use my bio gold forms and then when the forms are taken away, get the client to turn hands palm upwards in the lamp to fully cure?

I know it's not whats advised but I was just wondering if this would mean product was fully cured? As I say, my clear forms are in the post.

Thanks.

I'm no expert, but I've watched Young Nails tutorials and he has done an extremely thin base layer, cured, then carefully removed the forms, and sculpted on the base layer he created. I've never had to try it though.

I can't seem to find an answer to this question...

I ordered my Brisa lite sculpting kit today and have a client on Thursday that I would quite like to try it on. The only thing is a forgot to order clear forms. I've phoned s2 and ordered them but they won't be here until Friday.

So my question is, can I use my bio gold forms and then when the forms are taken away, get the client to turn hands palm upwards in the lamp to fully cure?

I know it's not whats advised but I was just wondering if this would mean product was fully cured? As I say, my clear forms are in the post.

Thanks.

Yes you can do it that way, or the way Sugar Mama describes.

Thanks geeg and sugarmama. I gave it a go on myself and all was fine and my clear forms arrived in time for my client and I am totally in LOVE with Brisa lite!

I had to refrain from standing up and doing a little dance! I'm not joking.

I have a question though...if I'm doing my white in two layers (and I found much easier to achieve a beautiful smile line this way) do I flash cure the first layer for 10secs or do I fully cure it for the 2 mins before moving on to my 2nd layer?

Also, when I look down the barrel of the nail, how thick should the free edge look at the height of the c-curve?

Xx

hi,

I use The brisa system,and am having amazing results,
but in the last week or so i am finding my gel lifting from the front edge, for my nails,
was wondering if you could maybe give me some idea as to why that would be happening,
I have gone over the preparation and i am doing nothing different, then i would do for one of my ladies,
could it be the base coat?

Regards Toni

I´m confused. Need some help....

When using Shellac I should do a dry manicure, but for Brisa Lite I should do a wet manicure? But what to do on new clients when I´m not sure if there is invisible cuticle on the nailplate?

Can anyone explain me the exact process? For Shellac and for Brisa Lite, please?

I make myself confusied and don´t know what is the correct way.....

Latest posts

Back