All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in love! It's fab. Couldn't resist a cheeky overlay on myself the second I opened the box!
Please excuse the smile lines, just can't do them right on myself!!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397716796.879313.jpg

I'm just wondering if anyone could help me please, I've looked through but struggling to find the info. I did a set of Brisa lite 2 weeks ago and now want to either rebalance them or remove and re do a set. I don't know which will be best. There is a tiny bit of lifting on my index finger and obviously lost my middle one which I will replace. Can anyone suggest which way to go. I'm worried that if I rebalance they may pop off due to lifting in a couple more days. Excuse the dryness around my cuticles I've just filed my nails ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397848864.815763.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397848873.245023.jpg

I'm just wondering if anyone could help me please, I've looked through but struggling to find the info. I did a set of Brisa lite 2 weeks ago and now want to either rebalance them or remove and re do a set. I don't know which will be best. There is a tiny bit of lifting on my index finger and obviously lost my middle one which I will replace. Can anyone suggest which way to go. I'm worried that if I rebalance they may pop off due to lifting in a couple more days. Excuse the dryness around my cuticles I've just filed my nails.

With any enhancement product including Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel I would always aim to rebalance no matter what state they are in. Complete removal just to re-apply is unnecessarily time consuming, uses up product, overexposes the skin and nail to acetone and as it's Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel you are going to need to file them anyway to prepare for the wraps. From your pictures I see no reason why you would completely remove them if the intention is to keep wearing the product.

Hi I've just bought the brisa lite sculpting gel kit and I had a go but I've not used a soak off gel before only hard gels. It's been a few years since I've done gels and this might seem like a silly question but do you file the nail to smooth after the gel has been applied or do you have to get the shape right before curing?

If you are not able to attend training (or even if you are) the detailed step by steps on cnd.com are invaluable. https://www.cnd.com/resources/step-steps

Thanks for replying. To be honest I only have a couple of gel clients which is why it took so long to use it all. Regarding replacing Brisa, it think it's because I have hyped up Brisa lite so much!! 😝😳.
Will see how my two Brisa clients get on with it. I am only charging them the cost of an infill to replace the Brisa for the Brisa lite. If it works well on them then great, if not then may re order regular Brisa too!
As you stock both, how do you feel they compare? x

For clients who are going to wear Gel Enhancements, Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel is the bomb! No filing of the natural nail, beautiful user friendly application, I love it. But for a certain type of client nothing can compare to regular Brisa Gel - regular Brisa is EXTREMELY solvent and stain resistant, so excellent for people working with solvents, dyes or colorants in their job. I find there is no better coating in terms of staying power for nail techs. At one stage I had a load of other nail techs as clients and nothing else would last 3 weeks but Brisa Gel - this is because it is not removable in acetone... you can ScrubFresh till the cows come home, you can SOAK your fingers with acetone during CND Shellac removals from morning till night - Brisa Gel will be unaffected. But if the client has a NORMAL job with no real threat of solvents or dyes, I would choose Brisa Lite for them so they can enjoy the benefits of adhesion without natural nail shine removal and easy removability should the time come to stop wearing enhancements.

(But I have to add, all of this good stuff is only possible if they use SolarOil daily.)

I have just trained in L&P and gel. I have just ordered brisa lite. Because brisa lite is so good for removal is there much point in offering L&P. Can brisa lite burn the nail if the client has thin nails? I dont want to give up L&P but brisa lite seems so good and would be best for the nail?

Xxx

I have just trained in L&P and gel. I have just ordered brisa lite. Because brisa lite is so good for removal is there much point in offering L&P. Can brisa lite burn the nail if the client has thin nails? I dont want to give up L&P but brisa lite seems so good and would be best for the nail?

Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel doesn't remove any differently from CND's L&P systems, the procedure is the same and takes the same amount of time.
https://www.cnd.com/pdf/Step by Steps (including Shellac)/L&P_Removal_SBS.pdf
https://www.cnd.com/pdf/Step by Steps (including Shellac)/BrisaLite_Sculpting_Gel_Removal_SBS.pdf

I would certainly not be without L&P - L&P is a MUCH better choice for the thinnest, most bendy and damaged natural nails. CND Retention+ Liquid will adhere better to a damaged nail without lifting than Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel possibly could. Brisa Lite adheres beautifully to natural nails that have not been filed, roughened or buffed, so if a client comes to you who's natural nails have been over-filed by another tech or who has picked off a previous set of enhancements, L&P is still the better choice.

When it comes to nail enhancements it's never going to be 'one service fits all'. If you only do Brisa Lite you will have some extremely happy clients and the people who's nails aren't right for Brisa Lite will have problems and stop coming.

Can brisa lite burn the nail if the client has thin nails?

That burning happens because too much gel is curing too quickly too close to the nailbed. So if a client has thick natural nails they will be very unlikely to feel any heat during curing unless you apply waaay too thickly.
A client with thin or damaged nails will be more likely to feel heat (as there is less of a natural nail barrier) so I recommend applying a thin base layer of Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel and curing for 2 minutes in the CND Lamp before going on to apply the rest as normal - this thin base layer will not cause heat during curing as it's so thin and it will act as a barrier to any heat being felt from subsequent layers of gel curing.

I recently got the BL Sculpting Gel and am enjoying using it but having difficulty in removing it. I file down as much product as possible, use Vamoos Wraps with CND Nourishing Remover, leave on for 30 mins. Some come off nicely, others not so much usually the thumbs. Is this because I'm applying the product too thickly?

Here's my application:
PEP nails
BL Base Coat (10 secs)
BL Sculpting Gel (Thin layer, 2 mins)
BL Sculpting Gel (Building layer 2 mins)
Remove sticky layer
Buff/Refine
Shellac Colour x2 (2 mins)
Shellac Top Coat

Also, filing down product.. do I have to file enough to remove just the Shellac coat or further down?

Shakira x

Anybody know if you can add glitter to the smoothing gel for glitter toes i cant find it in the thread as theres so many pages

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey All,

I've just bought the CND Brisa Lite Sculpting kit and I have a few questions:

1. Can it be used for NNO?
2. Is there a specific form I would need to use for sculpting, or can I use any form without a dowel?
3. For natural extensions, would the sheer pink In the kit be ok to use or should I get the clear gel?

Thanks,
VV xx

Hey All,

2. Is there a specific form I would need to use for sculpting, or can I use any form without a dowel?
3. For natural extensions, would the sheer pink In the kit be ok to use or should I get the clear gel?

Thanks,
VV xx

I can answer question 2, you need clear forms to ensure a proper cure - CND do these x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey All,

Thanks,
VV xx

1. Sure it can be used for NNO
2. You can use clear CND Forms

and if you want to build in thin layers, you can use normal forms .. Just be mindful that to ensure complete cure with opaque colours or gels, you need to work in thin layer on an opaque form.

3. Either a Sheer pink or clear will work, but I personally love the slightly enhanced colour boost that the sheer pink gives to the nails. I also think that is is a must to have the clear gel for numerous other things.

HTH

Ladies I'm wondering if someone can give me some advice. I completed my brisa lite course 6/7 weeks ago but wasn't too confident with my application untill a few weeks ago, after much practice so iv only recently started offering to my clients. I've done 6 sets so far and 5 of them have lost 1 nail. It's not always the same nail and I'm very confident in my PEP. I also offer shellac and retention + and have no issue with the longevity of my nails when using these products. Have I been unlucky or am I missing something?

Ladies I'm wondering if someone can give me some advice. I completed my brisa lite course 6/7 weeks ago but wasn't too confident with my application untill a few weeks ago, after much practice so iv only recently started offering to my clients. I've done 6 sets so far and 5 of them have lost 1 nail. It's not always the same nail and I'm very confident in my PEP. I also offer shellac and retention + and have no issue with the longevity of my nails when using these products. Have I been unlucky or am I missing something?
I suppose to start, it's best to take into consideration, the length and make sure it is appropriate for the clients lifestyle etc, but although it seems like a spate of breakages to you ... It is just one broken nail to a client and anyone can break, and they often do break, one nail in a three week period for all sorts of reasons.

It's more difficult to judge the nail structure when using gel. Much easier I think, with L&P .. But it sounds like you are doing a good job and I'm sure if you are building the nails with a strong central vertical apex your clients will get used to wearing the new product. As with everything, experience always makes things better.

Good evening, my sincere apologies if this has been asked before but I started reading this thread 15 hours ago and on my tablet it won't let me use the search thread function. It gas answered most of my questions and I think it's an investment I will make this week.

Can you use ibx under the brisa lite Gels?

Kindest regards
Louise

Good evening, my sincere apologies if this has been asked before but I started reading this thread 15 hours ago and on my tablet it won't let me use the search thread function. It gas answered most of my questions and I think it's an investment I will make this week.

Can you use ibx under the brisa lite Gels?

Kindest regards
Louise

Yes you can.

Is there a guideline for sculpting length ? Iv just done a beautiful long set of brisa lite extensions on myself but side cracks have appeared within 24 hours on the thumbs at the point were extension begins. iv lost confidence in trialling it on a client. I did a set on my daughter and same thing happened. I'm unsure about using hard gel as iv been against a product you can't remove easily but I need extensions with no fumes in my salon. Advice please ?

Hi there!

Reading through this thread has made me super excited about these products and I'm definitely going to be investigating them at Pro Beauty this weekend.
Quick question-

When it comes to rebalance (of the sculpting gel) with a gel colour over the top (say OPI, cause that's what I'm trained in), how do you remove the gel colour without soaking off the sculpting gel? Do you file all the gel colour away, then do your rebalance?

Okay that seems really stupid now I've written it out, forgive me, it's Monday!!!

Hi there!

Reading through this thread has made me super excited about these products and I'm definitely going to be investigating them at Pro Beauty this weekend.
Quick question-

When it comes to rebalance (of the sculpting gel) with a gel colour over the top (say OPI, cause that's what I'm trained in), how do you remove the gel colour without soaking off the sculpting gel? Do you file all the gel colour away, then do your rebalance?

Okay that seems really stupid now I've written it out, forgive me, it's Monday!!!

Lol don't worry, yes it would be the same for rebalancing any enhancement with a colour coat on top - you buff off the colour while youre prepping for infill/rebalance :)

Latest posts

Back