Allergic reaction to Eve Taylor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petals

Reaction score
I have used Eve Taylor for a month now but my skin broke out in sore itchy lumps. Anyone else had this problem? Have switched to Kaeso and my skin has cleared up and feels so much better. Sorry Eve Taylor, but I really wanted your products to work!:Scared:

Why not give them a call on Monday, they're very helpful and you may even get to speak to Eve herself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Taggyboy, I may well do that as spent quite a bit of money, my skin has got so funny over the years, and i'm glad I tried it before using on clients.

Matthew Taylor on here works for Eve Taylor, you could always message him.

Hi Kerry, yes have just done that. Such a shame as I loved the smell of the products, but there must be something in them that doesn't agree with me. I used to use Neals Yard Organic and had a similar, but just not as bad reaction.

Hi Petals

What an alarming thread title to read on a sunday afternoon!

Its always a shame when users prefer to post on open forums rather than contact us directly in the first instance to seek advice. Unfortunately therapists with absolutely no knowledge of our brand have the opportunity to post with their two penny's worth.

There is a big difference between an 'allergic reaction' and sensitivity to products. you would certainly know if you had an allergic reaction and so its more than likely to be the latter.

You have admitted that your 'skin has got so funny over the years' and so it may well be that a simple tweak in the products used could have made the difference.

We are available to speak to regarding product issues Mon - Fri on 01733 260161

That's exactly what happened to me sore skin and lumps was horrible

entitled to my opinion. I'm sure there are lots of happy customers out there, however I had to suffer sore skin. My skin has been more mature over the years, which is what I meant. I am happy to discuss my problems via telephone. I was actually asking other qualified therapists (like myself) if they had had any problems as I was so looking forward to trying the products being a fully qualified therapist of 11 years myself,

There is a big difference between an 'allergic reaction' and sensitivity to products. you would certainly know if you had an allergic reaction and so its more than likely to be the latter

Blimey- what a defensive post! I'm sure the OP was just looking to share her experience. Your response reads to me as though you seem to think there was an ulterior motive.

However I do think the above quote is misleading if not inaccurate. Allergic reactions can vary in terms of how and the level at which they manifest themselves. In fact, prior to someone suffering an allergic reaction the body lays down 'markers' which are very mild reactions and so might not be recognised as an allergy (or the start of an allergy).

I am a qualified aromatherapist and am now allergic to Linalool and Limonene. As you'll know they are naturally produced and in both natural and synthetic perfumes (in fact about 90% of all products). The level at which I react is dependent on how I come in to contact with a perfume (and for how long).

I think to suggest that the OP is most likely to be experiencing sensitivity rather than an allergic reaction is irresponsible and actually quite rude.

OP- I would take photos and show your GP. Keep hold of the products and make a note of the ingredients. Hopefully your GP will refer you for patch testing. It's often a case of ruling out what it isn't rather than what it is! Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
Hi Kerry, yes have just done that. Such a shame as I loved the smell of the products, but there must be something in them that doesn't agree with me. I used to use Neals Yard Organic and had a similar, but just not as bad reaction.

Some people do have reactions to certain essential oils and the fact you have had the same with Neals yard would indicate that's exactly the problem.
My daughter got eczema on her hands when she was a therapist in a Decleor spa as their products are essential oil based,but she reacts immediately with itching.
I do think you should speak to Eve taylor and explain exactly which products you are using.Their range is extensive and they will be able to advise you and may also be able to narrow it done to the cause.

Thank you Cholo. I did feel slightly bemused at that response. It didn't help me in any way, or make me feel assured. I was just stating that I had a bad reaction to the products and wondered if anyone else had. It wasn't intended to be a witch hunt. :rolleyes:

Hi Petals

What an alarming thread title to read on a sunday afternoon!

Its always a shame when users prefer to post on open forums rather than contact us directly in the first instance to seek advice. Unfortunately therapists with absolutely no knowledge of our brand have the opportunity to post with their two penny's worth.

There is a big difference between an 'allergic reaction' and sensitivity to products. you would certainly know if you had an allergic reaction and so its more than likely to be the latter.

You have admitted that your 'skin has got so funny over the years' and so it may well be that a simple tweak in the products used could have made the difference.

We are available to speak to regarding product issues Mon - Fri on 01733 260161

Was asking for help on the matter, and your defensive response didn't help matters.

Hi, as we've seen many times before, the written word can easily come over in a different way to how the writer intended. I am sure the OP was genuinely looking to share experiences. I use Eve Taylor products in my salon and have found them to be brilliant. There are lots of products in the range and on the one occasion I had a client who didn't get on with a product, I tried her on a different one and she loved it and has had no problems since. It would be worth having a chat with Eve Taylor and maybe trying an alternative product before giving up on the brand. Hope your skin improves and you find products that suit you. OP is right they smell amazing.

Thanks Liz. I used to always use Neals Yard, and their products are fab, just think it was too rich for my skin, and I wanted a more cost effective trade product. It wasn't meant to be a criticism, I truly wanted to use Eve Taylor as heard such good reviews. I thought perhaps my skin was detoxing? However I had to stop. I will be contacting Eve Taylor to explain this and to find out if there any other products I should try.:wink2:
I also do massage and have never had a reaction to oils, so found it odd that my skin did react...

Make sure your using the right products for your skin.
Which ones did you use and what skin type/problems you have?

I am allergic to methylchloroisothiazolinone which which is found in some ET products.
I had been using products for years with it in and suddenly reacted severely from using the soothing moisturiser (j think it was that one)
This lead to patch testing, which was handy!
I now have massive reactions if i come into contact with it.

Now it wasn't the product that was bad, it was a straw that broke the camels back kind of situation.

I mention this because it is now a known allergen and more people are reacting all the time.

It's a shame because I liked the range and would have took it on.

I spoke to a nice person from ET at PB who was very helpful and they said they are taking steps to remove it but it takes time.

I am allergic to methylchloroisothiazolinone which which is found in some ET products.
I had been using products for years with it in and suddenly reacted severely from using the soothing moisturiser (j think it was that one)
This lead to patch testing, which was handy!
I now have massive reactions if i come into contact with it.

Now it wasn't the product that was bad, it was a straw that broke the camels back kind of situation.

I mention this because it is now a known allergen and more people are reacting all the time.

It's a shame because I liked the range and would have took it on.

I spoke to a nice person from ET at PB who was very helpful and they said they are taking steps to remove it but it takes time.

I'm allergic to this too. Such a nuisance it's in everything!

I was told by a dermatologist that this was only allowed in substances that were washed off the skin until 2011 since when it has been allowed in substances that remain on the skin. He said he had seen allergies to it go through the roof!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't believe it allowed in anything!

I found out I was allergic in early 2012 so that sounds about right x

Latest posts

Back