Allergic Reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deby

Reaction score
Ive been usin the same nail products for around 4 month now and over the last 3 weeks have developed an allergic reaction , so just wonderin if this ha happened to anyone else and did you change products and was then okay or did you have to discontinue doing nail enhancements??????????:cry::cry::cry:

Can you tell us where your allergic symptoms are is it around the fingers, the finger tips, little finger etc...just gives us an idea incase you are exposing yourslef to uncured product...

Not me, but there was a thread on here and, several geeks said how they had changed from one type of service to another because of the reaction and another one had to wear surgical gloves for a few months but found that after that so long as she was very careful not to come into direct contact with the monomer she was fine.
I have a client that I thought was allergic to the monomer and the geeks suggested that we do a skin test just to be sure and it turned out she was allergic to the tip glue, (I know thats the wrong word, but can't spell the correct word that begins with a:lol:) so I changed the brand I was using and problem solved, point being it worth doing a skin test to be sure what it is you are allergic to.:hug:

its my left thumb , the backs of my hands and up my right arm think its when i do my filling , im usin creative and have been fine up to now as ive only been doin nails for roughly six month cant realy say if ive had this problem with any other products as i have used nsi but not for very long.

its my left thumb , the backs of my hands and up my right arm think its when i do my filling , im usin creative and have been fine up to now as ive only been doin nails for roughly six month cant realy say if ive had this problem with any other products as i have used nsi but not for very long.
What is happening....is it itching or isit blistering and peeling of skin?

its red, itchin and looks burnt been to the doc and hes told me its defo a reaction and said to discontinue usin it im gut:cry:ted and dont want to,,,,,,,,,

its red, itchin and looks burnt been to the doc and hes told me its defo a reaction and said to discontinue usin it im gut:cry:ted and dont want to,,,,,,,,,
Sounds like you're gonna have to then chick, you could try the gloves route, but sounds like it's a no no....

just out of interest did you have your nails done regularly before you did the course?

i did have them done but not on a regular bases never had any probs there though . gonna wear long sleves and try the gloves route first see how that goes then maybe a diffrent product ..............i wont go down without a fight!!!!!!!!:irked:

you probably already do but in between each client wash your hands and arms as far as you can and your face so it doesnt start there, if the dust from filing is on your skin all day there is more chance of it irritating you

Latest posts

Back