Allergic to everything suddenly-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
I had hair extentions done a few weeks ago and about 4 days later my head was covered in blisters and then all my costume jewellery and buttons were giving me an itchy rash and I think it was the nickle in the hair extention loop! Then all my cleansers and face wipes and some moisturisers are making my face red and hot and now i have just tinted my brows I always do them and literally straight after I wiped it off my brows are burning and under my eyes and I'm getting a headache!! Iv just took an anti-histamine! Why is my body doing this :(

You can suddenly become allergic to things (unfortunately!). Although it appears to be immediate, the process is that the body sends 'markers' showing that the body is reacting however as these are so small we don't usually recognise what they are.
There is an argument that once you develop an allergy you are at an increased risk of becoming allergic to additional things. During an initial reaction, your body is on 'high alert' and so chances are it might react to other substances.

I would firstly see your GP. Chances are you'll need a stronger anti-histamine than OTC. They should also refer you for patch testing.

As difficult (and as sh*t) as it is, in the meantime and whilst your body calms down, maybe try and cut out some things that might cause a reaction eg. Use fragrance free products, avoid tints/hair colour etc

Nettle tea is supposed to help your body after an allergic reaction. Also the supplement Quercetin.

Hope you feel better soon

Last edited:
Was going to say you must see your GP sooner rather than later.

As your body was already experiencing a reaction, your histamine levels were raised and you've bombarded your body with lots of products and it doesn't like it.

Stop with anything harsh, perfumed or irritating until your body calms down.

But see a healthcare professional for checks.

If your body is reacting to this many things it's a warning sign. Listen to it!

Last edited:
Please take care OP.

Both the above posters are totally spot on with their advice to cut anything potentially allergy inducing immediately and see your GP as soon as possible.

I know it's frustrating when it's never been a problem before but better safe than sorry.

I feel tempted to put up a pic of when I had a bad reaction to Gelish and my face swelled and my eyes swelled and went very puffy but it's too shocking even for me to look at. :(

Can I ask is it just your scalp and face or is it your whole body. Reason I ask is that 4 years ago I coloured my hair as I usually did at the hairdressers. Had been colouring for years. After this colour I had severe soreness and hairloss which started a couple of days later. Over the next few weeks my scalp, face and body were continuously itchy and reacted to everything, all my usual cleansers, shampoos, body wash etc. it turned out after having blood tests done I was extremely deficient in many vitamins and minerals so my body couldn't fight off the toxins from the hair colour.

Hope you feel better soon

Jane xx

It seems to be where ever there is nickle on my body but the products I put on is just effecting my face. My brows and eyes feel really stiff like I have glue painted over then definitely thing there gonna swell up soon :(

Latest posts

Back