Allergic to fake tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm really nervous about writing my 1st post but I don't know who would be able to answer my question so I'm just going to put it out there and if someone can help that's great!
I'd really like to offer spray tanning but it seems I'm allergic to something in the tans, I've had an allergic reaction with more then 1 brand when I've tried doing a few on people or just being in the room if ones being done il automatically start sneezing, get all itchy then come up in what I can only describe is like heat rash and the same thing happened when I applied a tan on myself with just a mit. Has anyone else had this problem if so what tans did you find ok to use? : S

If you know EXACTLY what your allergic to (e.g. Parabens) then you could just use solution that doesn't contain this ingredient (e.g. suntana) however if its an important ingredient like DHA etc then it may be more difficult to avoid. Speak to your doctor and they can advise the best course of action but its best not to go by trial and error/hope for the best as allergies just get more severe! I'm sure some other more knowledgable geeks will have more detailed advice. Be careful, good luck! X

hi thanks for replying, ye that's the thing I'm not sure what exactly it is I might b allergic to I thought about googling parabens free brands but its not guaranteed to be that & Ye i don't want to just go around trying them all haha, thanks for your advise I think il have to take a trip to the docs

thanks loveleelady that was quite helpful luckily mines no where near as bad as that poor girl

Latest posts

Back