Allergic to patch test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyGold

Reaction score
I just had my first client have a reaction to a patch test. It's came up all red and spotty around the tinted area. Makes you realise how important patch tests are.

Should I test again or not tho? She said she had to put a paster over it and it was rubbing all day at work! X

ouch!

I would definately take this patch test result to mean "I'm allergic to this product, please don't use it on me".

I definately wouldn't do another patch test.

I just had my first client have a reaction to a patch test. It's came up all red and spotty around the tinted area. Makes you realise how important patch tests are.

Should I test again or not tho? She said she had to put a paster over it and it was rubbing all day at work! X

You can test again, many things can make a reaction come and go! I believe hormones at certain times can make you react! Of say give it a week or two and patch test again. ;)

Hi, sorry to jump on here but did a search and this came up. I have to do a patch test tomorrow night and not too sure if you actually spray them or just dip a cotton bud into solution and then apply to the skin. I looked up my notes from my training but there is nothing there to answer my question. Also how long before you remove it?
I would appreciate any advice:)x

Hi, sorry to jump on here but did a search and this came up. I have to do a patch test tomorrow night and not too sure if you actually spray them or just dip a cotton bud into solution and then apply to the skin. I looked up my notes from my training but there is nothing there to answer my question. Also how long before you remove it?
I would appreciate any advice:)x

My patch test was for tinting, are you on about spray tanning? X

Mmmm I know you can retest but I don't no if I should as if she's come up once but then the next time is fine but then when it comes to the treatment has another reaction then I don't have much to stand on as she came up in a reaction before. She still wants to be wax but I told her I can't do the tinting as she came up all red x

My patch test was for tinting, are you on about spray tanning? X

Lol should have gone to specs avers. Sorry yes I'm on about spraying. Can't stop laughing:) x

Lol

I don't patch test with spray tanning unless they are sensitive or have allergies.

But yes dip a cotton bud in your tan then put it behind the ear x

Lol

I don't patch test with spray tanning unless they are sensitive or have allergies.

But yes dip a cotton bud in your tan then put it behind the ear x

Thank you x

Mmmm I know you can retest but I don't no if I should as if she's come up once but then the next time is fine but then when it comes to the treatment has another reaction then I don't have much to stand on as she came up in a reaction before. She still wants to be wax but I told her I can't do the tinting as she came up all red x

Personally I wouldn't re-test. As you say she's had a reaction already, imagine what it would be like near her eyes. Think you've made the right decision to say no to tinting.

I had a lady who came for tinting, her friend came with her and wanted hers done too but I said I wouldnt until I did a patch test on her, she insisted it would be fine and she would take responsibility for not having the test.

I refused, then I did the test and the next day she rang up to say how badly she had reacted, she was sore and itchy all night, can you imagine that around your eyes! I would probably use another product on your client as she sounds most def allergic x

There is no point in patch testing again as your insurance will not cover you. For instance, if you did it again and she didn't react, which test would you think was right? You would have to do another one, best out of 3 as it were.

She has definitely reacted and therefore you would be unwise to touch her again with a product that you know she is allergic to. More exposure to any products etc that we are allergic to will increase reaction in most cases.

It is unfortunate but it is a great lesson and one I learnt very early in my career. :green:

Latest posts

Back