Allergie to L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie y

Reaction score
I have stopped doing nails as i think im allergic to the Liquid. Whilst doing a set of nails. I was dizzy and i have a really bad headache the next day. My words also start to slur. This isnt the first time this has happend. On one ocassion i was doing a set on a friend in my salon and i couldnt stand i had to get my boyfriend to pick me up from work as i couldnt drive when i got home i had to crawl up the steps and when i got in to bed the room was completly spinning. The day after i felt really light headed, this also happens when using nail polish but it not As bad. Im think of changing to Gel :irked:

You are most likely experiencing the beginnings of overexposure, not an allergy. The symptoms you describe have alot to do with the ventilation in your work area- like you may not have ANY. It isnt too late for you, take a break, detox a little, and make sure you have some sort of ionizer/filter cleaning your air when you return. Also invest in a nail table with a fan IN the table to suck down dust.

If you are exposing skin to uncured product as well, this will be another problem for you in the future- keep yourself safe!!!! None of these issues will occur if you are careful of your products...

hi

quick question, do you wear a mask when working?

just that i didnt at first but when i started doing set after set after set i started noticing some of the same sort of things (tho luckily not as bad)

i started using a mask and i dont seem to have a problem any more.... may have just been coincidence but ya never know!!

xxxx

I have stopped doing nails as i think im allergic to the Liquid. Whilst doing a set of nails. I was dizzy and i have a really bad headache the next day. My words also start to slur. This isnt the first time this has happend. On one ocassion i was doing a set on a friend in my salon and i couldnt stand i had to get my boyfriend to pick me up from work as i couldnt drive when i got home i had to crawl up the steps and when i got in to bed the room was completly spinning. The day after i felt really light headed, this also happens when using nail polish but it not As bad. Im think of changing to Gel :irked:

As Heather has said, it sounds as though you don't have enough ventilation. Using gel will not get rid of this problem. You need to find better working practices.
http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-natural-nails/5131-alice-allergen.html
http://www.salongeek.com/health-saf...delines-avoid-overexposure-nail-products.html
http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-natural-nails/3623-frosty-dust-man.html
These are just a few articles you may wish to read, there are many more.
hth

I do wear masks and i purchased a huge extraction fan the ones that you use for spray tanning i have it right at the side of my desk although i dont know if they work with nails. i dont have one in my nail desk although i think it might be a good idea.

the masks i use are the pink ones from creative are theese the ones :rolleyes:

Thanks

the only thing a mask will protect you from is dust ;)

Although that can certainly help with any breathing issues :)

But the above stated problems are not from dust normally- ALTHOUGH it CAN be, as some of the dust filings can be uncured product-

But without proper ventilation, the mask is MOOT ;) HTH

If you DO have a good extraction/ventilation system, make sure its being cleaned properly.

can u reccomend any stand up ventalation systems, thank you

thank you for all advice given:)

Latest posts

Back