Allergies with tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie99

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I've just changed from Xen Tan to Nouvatan and I'm just wondering whether I will need to repatch test all my regulars to make sure they are ok with new one? Or of they were allergic to one ran would they be allergic to another? Xx

Hi geeks

I've just changed from Xen Tan to Nouvatan and I'm just wondering whether I will need to repatch test all my regulars to make sure they are ok with new one? Or of they were allergic to one ran would they be allergic to another? Xx

Given that spray tan solutions have different ingrediants it is always advisable to carry out a patch test on all clients who are having a different solution applied to the skin

Whilst unlikley to be any problem its always better to be safe than sorry
HTH

That's what I thought and have been doing just some regulars are a little bit annoyed I think but I shall explain in there best interests x

That's what I thought and have been doing just some regulars are a little bit annoyed I think but I shall explain in there best interests x

Im sure they will thank you if having the patch test causes a break out ...much safer and better than finding out the hard way with a full body application :eek::hug:

Hi geeks

I don't patch test anyone unless they have a lot of allergies or have sensitive skin, it's made well aware on my website that if a patch test is required then they must contact me to arrange in advance & that it is always done free of charge, I also mention that if they have never had a tan before & are worried then i will patch test for there own peace of mind.

I've only ever done 1 patch test though & that was when I first started tanning, does your insurance require you to patch?

It must be awfully time consuming patching every client. x

No my insurance doesn't I just think I started it so I could meet them before hand and for peace of mind etc and that they are who the say they are etc you never know who might turn up x

All be it that in most cases there will not be a problem but were all humans anhd of course as such there is always the chance someone may have an adverse reaction to one ingrediance in a solution formulation

Whilst this is slim it never the less is important to act on the side of caution and patch test any new customers or all customers if switching to a different brand and formulation

A hassel maybe but if you have ever seen someone that has reacted adversley you would do a patch test every time...its not nice at all

It is also well worth just checking with your insurance provider to see what there criteria is

Latest posts

Back