Allergy advice needed pls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkybub

Reaction score
Hi all

Bit of a lurker/reader on this site more than an active poster, but I would appreciate some advice.

I have a new client who would like enhancements applied - I was planning on doing fibreglass for her, but she has an allergy to natural rubber - as in balloons, rubber gloves etc. is there any reason why she cannot wear nail enhancements (she was concerned about the glue/resin) and is there anything I should be particularly aware of when dealing with someone who has this sort of allergy.

many thanks in advance for replies.

Georgina

Well love I have a client who has the same allergy........
She has Fabric# system Fibreglass on her nails..........

As the product doesn't come in contact with the skin and just sits nice and comfy on the nail plate, Keratin and not life tissue she is fine.............

But you can do this to make certain that it is ok..........

Patch test..........
Get a plaster,hypo-allergenic one apply a strip of fibreglass to the inside of the plaster, resin this, activate this and then when fully dried apply to the inside of her arm....................

Remove the plaster after 24 hours and check for any redness or swelling on the skin and check again a further 24 hours to make sure that all is well................

If all is ok then you know she is fine and you may go ahead.............

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back