Allergy advice... please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n@iledit

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'll start from the beggining, I've been suffering with itchy skin for the past few yrs. It started with obstetric cholestasis during pregnancy (this meant I had bile leaking into my blood which caused the itching). My pregnancy was awful doe to the of and other problems also which meant i spent most of it on a drip or hooked up to monitors with daily appointments, all this took its toll on my liver and left it damaged after pregnancy and still now my liver tests keep fluctuating (sometimes its good sometimes abnormal results) I have had no answer from doc what this could be (useless) After pregnancy I had my gall bladder removed and last year and the itch stopped, then looking back I think it started again around the time when I started my training and im beggining to wonder if my itch is related to an allergy with gel and not my liver anymore? The only thing is its all over my hands, arms, and face mostly that I itch also my legs at times... And not immediately after nails its usually the day after?
Sorry for the long post, I guess im wondering if you all think it could be product related =/ I hope not as I love nails but the itch drives me mad and my doc has practicaly given up on running liver tests and now says my results are abnormal but normal for patient (leading me to beleive the liver issue is minor otherwise he'd not just push it to the side) and there must be another cause to my itch??? No rash/bumps or anything just a plain irratated itch!
HELP

That must be extremely difficult for you:hug: I can't help much, but I do remember a girl I used to know who got sensitive to biosculpture sanitizer, and it would sting her hands. There were other complaints about the sanitizer affecting other people's hands too. It's just a thought :rolleyes:

Im sorry to hear that you are suffering with this problem. I know only too well how much of a toll that constant irritation takes out of you. This is a question reallynfor the medics. I don't see that a bunch of nail technicians speculating can be of much real help to you.

I'm sorry you are suffering from this. I suffer continually from PHN in my face ever since I was ill 5 years ago. I know it is a result of nerve damage and wouldn't have ever thought it was anything else. You have liver damage ... Even if slight, you have it, and if it caused this problem before, I would suspect it could be the core reason behind that which you are experiencing now.

My logic and experience would indicate to me that No rash, no redness just itching does not sound logically like anything that nail products would likely be causing. I hope you can get to the bottom of it and get some relief. :hug:

Thanks for the replys to both.

And geeg I'm so glad you are doubtful about it being nail product related... As for my doctor he really isn't concerned about the itch im sure he thinks im making it up, what's worse is i rarely ever go to the doctors unless its unavoidable and feel totaly let down by my doctor (may ask to see some1 else and maybe I'll some answers/solution) I know some people might think oh its just an itch but my god it drives me mad and i can be extremely irriatable because im itchy (my poor husband he gets the backlash lol). Anyway thanks geeg I think i just wanted some1 to say its most prob not nail related and that's the kick up the bum I need to get myself back to the doctors and demand some kind of help!
Sorry to hear suffer you from PHN is (allthough I must admit im not familliar with it).
Thanks again for repling =) x

P.s sorry about the typos (yes all of them lol) im on my phone and its a pain to write from :( x

Latest posts

Back