Allergy to acrylates, any way round it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started doing nails two and a half years ago and only gels. Of course I did my own a lot too. About 4 mons ago I did my nails and woke in the middle of the night in so much pain in the tip of most of my fingers, but mostly my left thumb. I switched on the light an saw that my thumb was swollen and really bruised underneath the nail. A few weeks later I lost that entire nail. I gave my hands a break until two days ago. I did acrylics on myself and it was fine until last night when I decided to put a gel topcoat over my nails. Today, my finger tips are. Itchy with tiny blisters. Sadly there will be no more gels for me
I have been getting my nails done on and off for over 20 years. I also have been doing my own on and off in between. This is exactly what happened to me. I went and got my nails done after an almost 2 year break, and woke in the middle of the night with the most intense itching, little teeny blisters, and pain. I am soooo upset, I have literally no nail beds, thin nails, and chew them. my hands are terrible. I need a solution!!!

Latest posts

Back