Allessandro, any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freedom

Reaction score
Hi,
Am looking for some advice, I am a multi skilled therapist looking to offer nails in the salon as we have requests daily for this service. Have looked at the different systems and think that gel nails would be the best as I would not be doing nails all day every day, am I right thinking this???
Also have found Allessandro, is there any advice on this company, am I picking the right one???
Thanks in advance for you help and advice.

Your profile is very vague - where in Northampton are you - are you salon based or mobile. I live near Northampton and I know there are no Allessandro techs near us so you could be the first.

It would be probably better to offer all 3 systems as limiting yourself to one system may limit you as some clients will have preferences for one system over another.

As you are a multi skilled therapist - you should get great training to become a multi skilled nail technician.

freedom said:
Hi,
Am looking for some advice, I am a multi skilled therapist looking to offer nails in the salon as we have requests daily for this service. Have looked at the different systems and think that gel nails would be the best as I would not be doing nails all day every day, am I right thinking this???
Also have found Allessandro, is there any advice on this company, am I picking the right one???
Thanks in advance for you help and advice.

Hiya,
I think that all of the systems can be ok, why should the fact that your not going to be doing nails everyday matter :?:
I think its best to take a look at all the systems on offer and each company.
What one person thinks is good isnt always.

If you go to search and type in Allessandro gel you might find some VERY useful information from previous posts.

hiya

i would think very carefully before you invest. I personally would go with a company that offers all 3 systems, excellant training, back up via a phone, well known and proven. Just do some searches on this site most brands have been covered. Dont forget if you use one company for all three its more convenient less outlay as the prep products and aftercare will all be the same.
JMO

Like the other girls, I'd recommend you train in all three systems rather than just one. I initially trained in L&P but also did some training in Gel so that I'd be able to offer it should I be asked. I have only ever been asked for Gel nails once, everybody else wants L&P, so you might want to rethink your plans. That didn't stop me from trying about 8 different Gel trial kits to see what was out there.

As for Allesandro, I have never tried their products, and after witnessing the totally unprofessional behaviour by their UK distributor, I never shall now. Their product may be the best thing since sliced bread, but I wouldn't want anything to do with their company now - and I'm sure you must know what I'm talking about. I've looked on their website and they don't seem to do a 'trial kit' like most other companies, so that would put me off too. There's no way I'd be spending hundreds of pounds on a product if I'd not had a chance to work with it first.

However, if your interest IS actually genuine, I would point you towards some Gel company's I HAVE dealt with and found the people involved with these companies to be totally professional in their behaviour, very polite, full of helpful information, and NEVER have I heard them try to drag down another company's product just because it differed from their own.

http://www.nail-solutions.co.uk

http://www.nailsplusbeauty.com

http://www.lightelegance.co.uk

These three companies I have dealt with in the past and would highly recommend them to others. They all provide a number of Training Courses. Nails Plus Beauty sell a gel called 'Akzéntz' which I have heard numerous good reports about and am about to buy a trial kit myself to try.

Then of course there is NSI who have their 'Balance' Gel and Creative who have just launched their 'Brisa' Gel. I haven't tried Brisa yet as it's like goldust.

I would advise anyone who was new to the 'nail game' to try different companies and have as many 'try before you buy' sessions to see which product suited you best. I trained with Creative (and wonderful training it was - I am constantly surprised by questions from Nail Techs who received their training elsewhere and yet are asking the most basic questions about things that should have been learned on their foundation training, yet for some reason, wasn't taught!), once I passed my Foundation course I tried other L&P systems because I wanted to know what was out there. I eventually settled for EZ Flow, just a matter of preference and nothing against Creative's products.

Now, I've given my opinion as 'un-biasedly' as I can, and I have included Creative along with the other Companies I have given praise to, because I believe praise should be given where it's due. Can't say fairer than that - huh? :twisted:

Jackie
www.LibertyNailDesign.com
Dublin

When i first became interested in going on a nail course, i found a beauty mag and found a few numbers of nail companies, allesadro was one of them, (i didn't see many of the top brand nail companies in there so to me, these few were the only ones that exsisted!) anyway i chose alesandro and booked on to the course, paying a deposit to secure my place. a few days before my first nail day, they called me to tell me the course had been rescheduled, then a few days before the next date, the course was cancelled again. i was so annoyed and decided to phone a few people, i turns out there was a disagreement between alessandro and their trainer, but this didn't help me. alessandro would only offer for me to go to liverpool to do my training, and at the time this wasn't possible for me, ( i live in worcs) so i argued that i wanted my deposit back to no avail. that was 2 years ago, and you know what? they still phone me every few weeks offering me 25% off this week and buy one get one free this month! i would not touch them after my experience, and all the offers they seem to have on, suggests to me that they are having trouble selling their stuff. i am not at all bothered about whether it is a good product or not, they wouldn't help me after they took my money, so i am not bothering with them. i now deal with creative who so far have given tons of help, when i have needed it, and i am sticking with them!

If it sounds a bit whingy i appologise, the nerve is still a bit raw.

Beck.

Hi There,

Actually there IS an Allessandro tech in Brackley northants who has been going for several years now but that does not mean that there is room for only one if this is the system you wish to go for ..

Light Elegance UK (see post from Jackie in Dublin above) is actually based in Silverstone which as you probaly know is only 12 miles from Northampton.

Should you be interested in learning more about our gels or would like a demonstration or help and advice please feel free to call me where I will give all the help I can - 01327 857586

Kind Regards
Karen
Light Elegance UK :biggrin: :

Hi

As has already been said if you are new to nails I would definitely do some research before choosing a particular brand. I trained in all 3 systems but mainly do gels and have tried a few brands although never Allessandro. I have made one or two expensive mistakes in trying to find the "perfect" gel system and any brands that offer try me kits are worth investigating. Its not just the gel system but the training and on-going support that makes a BIG difference. Following some great advice on this board I tried Akzentz gels from Karen at Nails Plus Beauty and haven't looked back since. The support when I was initially having one or two problems was a godsend and Karen was so helpful. I believe the try me kit is about £18 so its worth checking out the website.

HTH
Shaza

Deja Vu guys. I think enough advice has been given without rehashing last weeks thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back