Almond shape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLNails

Reaction score
Hi,
I would love to hear how you achieve the almond shape of the nail. I'm a newby and my nails still look a tad flat. I want so much to be able to achieve that shape but it ain't happening! When doing tip and overlay I do smile line, then pink or clear in zone 2 and three, file and buff. At college we were not taught to do any more than that. They just don't have that elusive shape that I want.

Tips anyone...:hug:

When you've applied the tip...........before you apply your L&P or whatever; take your file and instead of holding it upright against the end of the tip, tilt it underneath slightly. Not flat underneath, but tilted yeah. Then, as you file the end, it will catch the sides and form an almond shape. Have a practise and let me know. xx

nail/toenail clippers are great for this shape, just applytip blend etc,
then use your toenail clippers to clip the angle at the side you want, i love the almond shape and i have found this the easiest less faffing about way.
hth :)

Sorry guys I just read my post and realise it doesn't at all say what I mean! :smack:Sorry....I'll try again. The almond shape I'm referring to isn't the tip shape it's the side view of the nail. It's that beautiful almond shape that goes over the stress area of the nail. Mine doesn't seem to have that georgous rise and fall. I just love that shape that experienced nail techs get - rather than getting shapeless nail.

MLNails

ahhh , you mean the apex i think hunny

Sorry guys I just read my post and realise it doesn't at all say what I mean! :smack:Sorry....I'll try again. The almond shape I'm referring to isn't the tip shape it's the side view of the nail. It's that beautiful almond shape that goes over the stress area of the nail. Mine doesn't seem to have that georgous rise and fall. I just love that shape that experienced nail techs get - rather than getting shapeless nail.

MLNails

With almond shape or stilleto shapes your stress point is in a slightly different place than square shape

Latest posts

Back