Almond/stiletto shape nails!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna83

Reaction score
Hi, I'm relatively new to nails, trained end if last year in calgel (hoping to train in acrylic once I have perfected using gel) I have only some square or squoval shape nails using tips or sculpts so far and I was wondering how you would make the almond shape nail using a nail tip?? Would you shape it before applying to the nail or apply as normal then cut and file or can you buy almond shape tips??? Thanks

Hi Donna, I apply then file into shape prior to product application. Hope that helps

Hi, do you cut them down first with the straight tip cutter then file them? X

I'm watching this thread as I'm in the same boat as you. Calgel trained and can't seem to master filing anything

I cut the corners off with clippers, cut then file to shape.

X

Can i just say that there is a HUGE difference between
STILETTO and ALMOND....
completely different...

As per my avatar..THAT is stiletto.

Sorry yeah I meant I do that for almond! I'm not sure you can achieve full stiletto with tip? I've never see it done! You would have to sculpt that on a form!

I'm watching this thread as I'm in the same boat as you. Calgel trained and can't seem to master filing anything

Hit post by error!! Can't master filing anything other than square/oval/round. Have tried stiletto but not much luck xx

stiletto needs to be done on a form

I have just bought some almond tips on ebay. Not sure if they will be any good buy going to give them a wirl!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

you can buy pointed tips and just round them off at the end to create the almond shape, sculpting is much better for these shapes though :)

Thank you everyone for your replays:)) x

you can buy pointed tips and just round them off at the end to create the almond shape, sculpting is much better for these shapes though :)

May I ask why sculpting is better for these shapes?

Is this almond shape in at the minute? Never seen anyone with that shape around here! I'm only a nail artist haven't got the money together or time (gotta love kids) on top of my hair dressing to fit the nail extensions course in! But everyone round here seems to have square tip acrylics! All the picture I see on here are almond though! Jus wondering if it's a new trend as I'm goin to need to work on some designs that will work with this shape :/

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Yes they are I guess what you would say 'in fashion' right now.
People like the stiletto nails but have to get on with every day life ha so they aren't very practical so I instead are opting for almond shape xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahh need to makes some different shape tips and spend some time coming up with designs for them then! Just incase the trend hits Derby lol

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Because you can sculpt the acrylic into the desired shape therefore save time on filing :)

Ahh need to makes some different shape tips and spend some time coming up with designs for them then! Just incase the trend hits Derby lol

EmmaLou @BonitaBeauty

Quite a big trend in mansfield, notts. I've done loads and converted a lot of people to the almond shape. I loved it when I had mine that shape (had to cut my nails right down for Uni!)

Latest posts

Back