Alternative pedicures - cake/ice cream, etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Laws

Reaction score
Hi

I have heard of alternative pedicures named after cakes/cocktails/ice cream, using products of those flavours/fragrance. I have searched high and low for these products as I want to offer them to my clients but I can't find anything. Does anyone offer treatments like these and know where I can order some products?

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks in advance!

Sarah on here is a fellow geek check out all her hand made products, yhink her business name is Cognito. x

Sarah on here is a fellow geek check out all her hand made products, yhink her business name is Cognito. x

She is on here, it's blue rose I think her geek name x

Thank you both - it seems to be more body products though rather than specific pedicure.

Thank you both - it seems to be more body products though rather than specific pedicure.

I know of one geek, mizzy dizzy who uses sarah's delicious products for pedis hun, message mizzy her pedis are lovely looking. X x x

Hey Hun, no she defo does specific pedi products. Check out her cocktails range. It is absolutely amazing! And if you have something else in mind, she can work with you to try and create it. She really is an awesome geek. :) xx

I can't find the actual pedi products though?? I can see about them but can't see a list of products or anything?? xx

Helloooo,

Thanks for all the lovely comments Geeks :)

I don't have a specific section for pedicures on my website (yet!!!) but all the 'flavours' in the Body Treatment Collections can be used in manis/pedis. As Crystaltash mentioned I do currently have a Cocktail pedicure range but I will probably be winding this particular range down soon to make way for more Autumnal/Winter treats - think Chocolate :)

Here's how Ceri (mizzy dizzy) has presented some of my producrs (chocolate & strawberry):
http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=6865&pictureid=51361

My fb page is Cognito Skincare for further info or I can of course be PM'd.

ps I'm in Felixstowe so just a hop skip & jump from you Beauty Laws

Helloooo,

I don't have a specific section for pedicures on my website (yet!!!) but all the 'flavours' in the Body Treatment Collections can be used in manis/pedis. As Crystaltash mentioned I do currently have a Cocktail pedicure range but I will probably be winding this particular range down soon to make way for more Autumnal/Winter treats - think Chocolate :)

Here's how Ceri (mizzy dizzy) has presented some of my producrs (chocolate & strawberry):

Ohh your stuff looks good enough to eat!! I wish I could get my hands on some!

I have to say, from a consumer point of view, the 'novelty' of a cocktail pedicure would not attract me to a salon to get one. And as for chocolate products .... Absolute yuck.. I just couldn't take it seriously at all .... But that is just my opinion ... Big investment for a novelty. I'm in business to use products that make a real difference to the condition of a clients' feet or hands and nails.

I use sarah's facial products (cocoa rose) and they produce amazing results!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

They look lush and I'm thinking it's about time I treated myself for a change! :)

Helloooo,

Sounds lovely, especially the chocolate one! yum yum..... I know for sure some of my more wacky clients would love your stuff - ill have a better look when I get some pennies!

Are these products edible? They look scummy! I love something a bit different to the norm. How do they work? Does the chocolate have antioxidants in, etc? I bet they are well beneficial to the skin too. :)

These products look amazing and its a good way to introduce clients to seasonal manicures/pedicures. I've offered a variety such as jelly pedis and chocolate manicures in the past and my usual clients loved it for a change to their usual and i'd find it would also attract new clients that were curious or wanted to try something different!

Oh blumming heck! Scrummy not scummy! Stupid iPhone!

Personally, I would prefer to eat my chocolate rather than wear it :D (I'm a chocolate pig, can't keep it in the house); I can admit to have been considering adding these fancy pedis and manis to my services list. But I'd have to dive in for myself, as Cognito is a tad too far for me to be ordering products.

They offer something unique to a service that's pretty much the same salon to salon, and make it more 'fun' for all involved. I would think it would be an attractive USP for any salon.

As for whether or not they are beneficial, they can't be judged without knowing the ingredients or viewing the results. I'll assume that they are since there have been many happy clients.

I do make some of my own products for services. The benefit is that I know EXACTLY what's in them. I'll add that I can't keep my Balm on the shelf, it sells out in a hearbeat. (speaking of which, gotta make more LOL). My clients will tell you that they can't live without my balm and can't wait for me to add more to the 'Serieuse' menu of products.

I think it's our differences that make life more interesting.
If we were all the same and liked the same things, the world would be a boring place.

I'm looking forward to placing an order with Cognito...a few new products to add a seasonal twist to treatments will be something nice for clients, the ingredients in the ranges look great and I think they would work well where a client is looking for a total pamper session. I plan to work them into my mani/pedi as extra touches and will check out the other geeks pedis for some ideas!

Option to consider, if you already have a product line that you are satisfied with; is to add these as an ACCENT just for the uniqueness of it. Then you know that you'll still have satisfied clients without a doubt, but at the same time benefit from offering something 'interesting' and fun.

Option to consider, if you already have a product line that you are satisfied with; is to add these as an ACCENT just for the uniqueness of it. Then you know that you'll still have satisfied clients without a doubt, but at the same time benefit from offering something 'interesting' and fun.

Exactly! I plan to add a few key products to introduce first and go from there. It gives something new and fresh for clients and also a bit different for the therapist...I know the products in my kit which will be permanent fixtures because they work but equally I'm open to trying new things and I really believe that the ingredients in Cognitos range are hugely beneficial...as well as being fun!
Who wouldn't want a massage with some of those massage butters?! Bliss.

Latest posts

Back