Alternative to barbicide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asteropi

Reaction score
Barbicide is in shortage here. I can find a couple in Athens but the cost of the delivery is off the roof, because of the weight :mad:
I can't find Mundo anywhere!

1) A nail supplier here has switched over to one called Perfectan TB (ready to use, quite expensive),

2) another uses Bacillol (ready to use, by Hartmann) which is medical-grade for surfaces and skin rather than tools but the woman there says it's fine for tools too. I'd rather not take the risk, unless someone here recommends it

3) and I also found one in medical supplies called Korsolex Plus (concentrated by Bode) and it's also quite cheaper than barbicide! Merely 40€ for 2L which gives me around 180-200 uses, compared to barbicide which is 50€ for 31 uses!

I'm leaning towards the Korsolex but I really need your advice. It's medical grade so it's certainly strong enough. I have checked the MSDS sheets, every virous covered by Barbicide is included here and still many more! But it's not antirust so I have to keep specific time schedule to clean my tools (max 2h). Not to mention I'm concerned it might be a bit too strong and I don't know if constant use will cause any trouble.
Should I switch to that or stick to Barbicide? So buffled...
Anyone has heard of them and/or used them?

Last edited:
I've never heard of any of them (I've always used CND and Mundo) but I can't imagine any santiser being too strong! Its not acid, it won't burn through your tools or abrasives (as long as your abrasives are washable of course, and you don't leave the metal tools in for longer than recomended.

If the Korsolex Plus claims to defend against more than barbicide then go with it - the fact that it's cheaper is irrelevant

That is still in Athens and I'm trying to find something from the local suppliers. If I get too disheartened I'll check it out. Thanks though.

By the way that site doesn't mention the dosage. Can you advise what it is?

Mundo Power Plus is a concentrated formulation which needs diluting. The 2 litre bottle will make 40 litres of solution.
Solution lasts for up to 5 days dependant on use.
This is a very fast acting disinfectant and tools should not be left in longer than stated on the instructions.

Latest posts

Back