Alternative to eating loads of sweets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been on a weight loss journey for a few months now. I've got my portions down and what foods to eat/what not to eat, I exercise 5-6 days a week. My only down fall..... SWEETS! At night after dinner I constantly feel the need to eat something sweet. Ive tried the 100 calorie snack portions but find I just end up eating a few packages lol I've also tried sweeter tea from davidstea as I read that can help but nope! My body seems to crave chocolate or ice cream. Does anyone have any healthy alternatives? I'm in desperate need as I know it's not helping my journey but I have ZERO will power. I've tried to resist, I've tried not buying anything sweet but I just end up giving in and going to the store to buy ice cream haha.

Also, does anyone feel like this too? I sometimes feel like it's just me and I'm a porker. Worst is, my oh hates sweets so I know I could not have them in the house period.

What sort of foods are you eating on your weight loss programme? Lots of 'low fat' foods are packed full of sugar and as its highly addictive, the more you have, the more you want.

On the assumption that your new diet is based around whole and natural foods, you could try stevia as a natural sweetener as it won't affect your blood sugar in the same way that sugar does. You could also try a chromium supplement which may help metabolise glucose in your system and help stop you craving sugar.

Good luck and well done with the weight loss

Mini meringue nest crushed with chopped up strawberries and a Mullerlight yoghurt.
0% Total Greek yogurt with a sachet of Cadburys Highlights mixed in.
Frozen grapes.
Weight Watchers British Favourites yogurts.
A Curly Wurly or Freddo Frog!

Dates? I love frozen grapes too

Frozen banana is like ice cream [emoji5]️ and I like to freeze little bags of smoothie it's like sorbet x

Sorbet instead of ice cream?

What a brilliant thread! Thanks for starting it and for the replies. I struggle this way too! Will totes try these! Xx

Frozen banana is like ice cream
emoji5.png
️ and I like to freeze little bags of smoothie it's like sorbet x
Frozen banana? Going to have to try that one :)

Table spoon of Nutella melted in microwave and add in a chopped banana - so nice, filling and low fat x

Eating plenty of good fats and protein will make you feel full xx
Says she eating a twirl lol

You could try a protein shake with banana, oats, peanut butter etc. Should keep you full for ages and there pretty healthy!

I'm a sweety person and have just ordered some ice lolly moulds so I can make my own instead of eating sweets

If you put frozen bananas in the nutri bullet it really is like ice cream or adding frozen berries to smoothies makes them like McDonald's milkshake

Ouuuuu thanks for all the replies!! I will try the bananas for sure. I always have some frozen but never know what to do with them.

Frozen banana? Going to have to try that one :)
Yeah! It's really nice! I freeze slices of it and eat big bowls of them [emoji5]️ I love them! Or I pop them on top of frozen smoothie yum!

I'm a vegan and we have some pretty awesome raw vegan deserts. Want an icecream? Blend frozen bananas and fruits, raw cocao, etc. I mix my Protein powder with it to make chocolate flavoured icecream. Want a cheese cake? We have that too. Raw vegan deserts can be very healthy for your. Fruit has fructos in it. So you can still over eat the sugars to an extent but if you look at Freelee (as much as I hate her as an example of vegans) she eats so much fruit and is a twig. I'm not trying to make you go vegan be we have got healthy sweets down to the T. Fully Raw Kristina has some awesome options.

With processed sugars, when your body discovers toxins in the processed food it tries to target them. Your fat cells are actually your best friend and greatest line of defence. So when they discover these negative things in your body they basically store them and quarantine them. Your body is actually storing them so it can break them down and get rid of them, thus making your cells expand. With natural unprocessed sugars you have lower risk of this occurring. This is also why so many people fluctuate or don't even lose weight on diet products. Also diet and low calorie snacks do not work and have been proven to be more detrimental then helpful in the long term.

My favourite sweet tooth meal at night is thin skinned fruit and dark chocolate (must be over 75% but 80-85% is preferable). The sweet fruit curbs your sweet cravings and the chocolate actually works as a hunger suppressant. Dark chocolate is so strong that you will want to stop eating it.

Anyway hopefully this all helps.

How about some home made ice lollies? Chop fruit and pop in lolly mould then pour in coconut water...yum!! Or check out hedi hearts page she has loads of amazing sweet recipes her bounty cakes looks lush here's the link

http://hedihearts.com/category/cakes-desserts-treats/

Full fat organic cream with a spoonful of glutamine powder . Knocks any cravings on head.
Try dark choc, lindt have 70 85 and 90 percent cocoa. 1 or 2 squares does the trick.
Also consider stress levels as night time cravings can also mean cortisol levels are high. They should be lowest at night time for getting to sleep.

Table spoon of Nutella melted in microwave and add in a chopped banana - so nice, filling and low fat x

Nutella is not a healthy alternative. Even though it tastes awesome lol.

I can't have Nutella in the house or I eat it straight from the jar with a spoon [emoji33]

Latest posts

Back