Alternative to OPI gel? Not Shellac/Calgel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staceystandeven

Reaction score
Has anyone got any recommends for an alternative to OPI gel?
I love the speed of OPI but the colour choice is limited
Recommends on any brands that are just as quick to cure (30sec) in LED lamp but maybe not Shellac or Calgel
Thanks!

Hey, I use gellux which I think is great but the colour range is limited. They have just released a metallic range though which looks fab!

I also use the smart polish which is very quick as no cleansing, bond, base or top coat. Massive colour choice too!

Hope that helps! xxx

Out of interest, why not shellac?

Caroline
Nail Vibe x

I use gellux they have lots of different fab colours just got the matalic range which is great as all celebs are wearing them!!

Gelish! Massive range of colours, easy application, brilliant wear xx

Mani-q I love it!!!

Out of interest, why not shellac?

Caroline
Nail Vibe x
I would think it is because she wants an LED cured system and doesn't want to buy another lamp.

Has anyone got any recommends for an alternative to OPI gel?
I love the speed of OPI but the colour choice is limited
Recommends on any brands that are just as quick to cure (30sec) in LED lamp but maybe not Shellac or Calgel
Thanks!

I agree whole heartedly with you about colour range. I starting to get fed up with the limited colours being released in the Gel range and I too have started looking at another option, I'm thinking about Gelish but concerned about the removal as OPI Gel comes off effortless!! SS

Thanks ladies! Really appreciate all your feedback.
Caroline, I mentioned not shellac as I didn't want to get another lamp but also because I was under the impression it takes much longer curing time aswell
LED works quicker (30sec) whereas my UV lamp took longer (3min)
I might be wrong, other brands may cure faster though
Thanks again 😀

Gelish. The removal is fine just lightly buff over first to break the Top It Off (top coat) seal. I leave SO on for about 15mins. Loads of great colours :D

Laura xx

Thanks Laura 😊

Gelish, speedy cure, great colours, vitagel, structure gel and no probs removing. X

IBD just gel - I have about 50-60 colours now 😬 Great colour range & they seem to bring out new colours all the time. They released a whole bunch of new colours not too long ago & they have 3 different sets of limited edition colours coming out now.

Cures in led for 30 seconds too.
They also have matching lacquer.

Bio Sculpture Gel (who are the inventor of soak off gels, having been going for 25 years !) It LED curable @ 30 seconds. Comes in over 150+ colours & soaks off within minutes :)

I used Gelissimo which is a Scottish owned company it's fab xx

Try Artistic colour Gloss - lovely x

Thanks everyone!

Gelish or Artistic x

Artistic Colour Gloss or Gelish.

I use Shellac, ACG and Gelish.

Latest posts

Back