Alternative to Scrub Fresh?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty geek 84

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone uses an alternative to scrub fresh to prep the nail?

Thanks

There are alternatives but nothing as good.

Can I ask why you are looking for an alternative?

As Gigi said, there are many alternatives but if you are using CND, then you should use all CND products for your prep also, not mix in another prep product that was not made for the CND system.
You more than likely could find yourself with problems in the future if you swap Scrubfresh out for another brand and in my opinion, your clients don't deserve that, they deserve to have the correct products being used for the system of your choice.

Why are you looking for an alternative?

So if im now using Scrubfresh in conjunction with Bio Sculpture, can I really expect to run into too much trouble ??? (I hope not). Is it really such a bad thing if Im prepping the nails with this & removing all the oils as one would hope to aim for to obtain the best adhesiion of Bio's product ?

Im hoping that my prep with this is a good thing & that Im not running myself into forseeable trouble.... :0

So if im now using Scrubfresh in conjunction with Bio Sculpture, can I really expect to run into too much trouble ??? (I hope not). Is it really such a bad thing if Im prepping the nails with this & removing all the oils as one would hope to aim for to obtain the best adhesiion of Bio's product ?

Im hoping that my prep with this is a good thing & that Im not running myself into forseeable trouble.... :0

Best thing you could use as it does all the things you mention better than anything else and works across the board with all brands ( no matter what they tell you ). Lol

Just curious after looking through the cnd brochure tonight I didnt realise what all the extra liquids were available. unfortunately when I was trained I wasnt told to use scrub fresh (not cnd trained).just use nail polish remover to 'cleanse' the nail which I now know is a load of rubbish.

I just wondered if anybody else used anything different thats all

If Scrubfresh has not won at least one award I would be surprised .. it has become one of th most essential products in my salon and I use it for all nail and feet prep regardless of product brand.

Amazing product.

Jacqui xx

I wanted to ask the same question about alternatives to Scrub Fresh!
So it is ok to use cnd scrubfresh even if your other products aren't cnd?

I wanted to ask the same question about alternatives to Scrub Fresh!
So it is ok to use cnd scrubfresh even if your other products aren't cnd?

Yep. I've actually have had less problems since switching to scrub fresh :) I love it!

So basically it's ok to use scrub fresh with a different system but NOT ok to substitute scrub fresh with any cnd system???

I guess the answer is that of course there are alternatives, there will always be alternatives to every product, for example your trainer told you polish remover was an alternative, each manufacturer has it's own alternative.

If you are using CND products then why would you want to substitute something that they do not recommend to work with their system?

I am sure scrubfresh is a fantastic product. I use NSI and bio sculpture so I use their products to go with their system, with NSI it's nail pure plus. I personally think it looks more professional to be consistent with a brand rather than a mix and match approach.

The answer though would depend on why you want an alternative?

I guess the answer is that of course there are alternatives, there will always be alternatives to every product, for example your trainer told you polish remover was an alternative, each manufacturer has it's own alternative.

If you are using CND products then why would you want to substitute something that they do not recommend to work with their system?

I am sure scrubfresh is a fantastic product. I use NSI and bio sculpture so I use their products to go with their system, with NSI it's nail pure plus. I personally think it looks more professional to be consistent with a brand rather than a mix and match approach.

The answer though would depend on why you want an alternative?

I don't want an alternative actually I just find it strange that on this thread the general consensus is that you can substitute scrub fresh with another brand but mustn't substitute when using cnd systems

I use whatever nail cleanser and dehydrator is required by the system I am using.

Regarding Scrubfresh, of course there are alternatives, but if it is part of your system, and it isn't that expensive why change?

Mundo do a great Nail plate cleanser and the CND distributors sold it (not sure if S2 still do) and recommended it when there was the great Scrubfresh shortage a few years ago.

A lot of tech's switched to the Mundo cleanser, and a plague of greenies did not sweep the land ;) :green:

So basically it's ok to use scrub fresh with a different system but NOT ok to substitute scrub fresh with any cnd system???

Have you used Scrubfresh? If you had you would probably not have posted the above.

I used BioSculpture and the use of this one product has made the biggest difference to all the nails I take care of. Period.

So the answer to your question is YES, its ok to use Scrubfresh with a different system and NO it is not ok to substitute Scrubfresh when using any CND system - because until there is a better product out there why would you.

This is my personal opinion and answer to your question and it comes with one of these :hug:

Peace and Respect

Jacqui xx

Yes I do use scrub fresh with cnd shellac (and yes cnd lamp etc) and I'm not the OP who wanted to know about an alternative. I was merely querying that we are always told to stick with everything in one system and yet on this thread we are being told its ok to swap your systems dehydrator (non cnd system) in favour of scrubfresh. Seems a little like double standards from cnd in my own personal opinion

I live in Spain and have very bad suppliers who regularly don't have what you need!!! So have learnt to substitute the odd product... Originally CND trained I've always used scrub fresh, however when the supplier ran dry I used 96'alcohol which is a medical grade product available here more or less everywhere... It works amazing and costs about a euro for 1.5 litres!!!!!

Yes I do use scrub fresh with cnd shellac (and yes cnd lamp etc) and I'm not the OP who wanted to know about an alternative. I was merely querying that we are always told to stick with everything in one system and yet on this thread we are being told its ok to swap your systems dehydrator (non cnd system) in favour of scrubfresh. Seems a little like double standards from cnd in my own personal opinion

I know you aren't the OP and I was answering your question not the OP's.

Generally every company will tell you to stay within the brand and the system.

And generally that is how it should be.

And there are lots of geeks on this site who quote it like a mantra.

But if you come across a product that is better than anything else you have used, and it does not cause service breakdown then you now have another choice.

I am happy to back-up my decision to come outside of the BioSculpture system and use a superior quality product.

It is what it is.

And we are probably all guilty at sometime or another of having a double-standard including CND .. but they do seem to have an arsenal of high quality products that can be safely used within other systems.

And as other companies mostly seem to trail in their wake it is not surprising to me that they should insist you use THEIR products with their systems.

But if CND's double standards bother you, continue to voice your opinion. You are entitled to do so and CND representatives aren't going to shoot you down because you do.

Jacqui xx

I use whatever nail cleanser and dehydrator is required by the system I am using.

Regarding Scrubfresh, of course there are alternatives, but if it is part of your system, and it isn't that expensive why change?

Mundo do a great Nail plate cleanser and the CND distributors sold it (not sure if S2 still do) and recommended it when there was the great Scrubfresh shortage a few years ago.

A lot of tech's switched to the Mundo cleanser, and a plague of greenies did not sweep the land ;) :green:

Ha haaaaaa, this did make me chuckle...the great Scrubfresh shortage of 2006/7/8...I must have missed that LOL :wink2:
:D:D

Latest posts

Back