AlumierMD-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdbrain

Reaction score
[emoji112] Hey,

I'm finally in the position to introduce facials into my business... yay!

I've made an enquiry to AlumierMD (after seeing recommendations on here) but waiting on a response to arrange a meeting.

To save wasting time on both parties, I need to know if I can realistically afford this brand over another I have narrowed down to.

I know we can't talk prices on here but would someone who stocks this brand, please please PM me with a rough price on becoming a stockist?
I would wait to find out but if I can't afford them then the other brand is running an offer for Olympia so if i wait I'll miss out [emoji51]

Hope to hear soon

Can I ask what other brand you’re looking at?

Vic x

Can I ask what other brand you’re looking at?

Vic x

Hi Vic,

I haven't made a decision I took a step back and realised I was making a decision far too quickly, as I tend to do things on a whim [emoji51] and really don't want to make a wrong decision!
I'd narrowed it down to 2 very different brands Alumier and Eve Taylor.

I'll explain my thinking [emoji189]

Eve Taylor- obviously price point and flexibility, lovely products which are user friendly, can offer lovely pampering facials. An easier facial to sell considering I don't currently have any facial client's as not on my treatment menu at the moment. Great starter line, I could then add a cosmeceutical line later on. A few of my clients who have requested facials are familiar with natural/aromatherapy based.

Alumier- I have worked with great cosmeceuticals before like skinceuticals, skinmedica, medi8, dermaceutics. I wanted to continue down that route as I prefer a results driven line. It's high end, again I want to take my salon high end but I'll be the first to admit I'm not there yet. This could be harder to sell. A much scarier leap of faith.

It's a question of head or heart [emoji173]️

Do you think I would be running before I can walk to take on Alumier or another brand like it? Please any advice is greatly appreciated and any suggestions for other avenues, also.

Also I know from your many replies I have read on here, that you offer at least two skincare lines, how to do explain to your clients why you have two?

Many thanks,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Do you know Eve Taylor have an advanced cosmeceutical range? We offer Environ and Eve Taylor and I must admit we get very similar results using both brands. Eve Taylor is by no means a pampering brand ONLY. Unbelievable value for money and our therapists are continuously told by our customers that the Eve Taylor Hydrating Serum (Hyaluronic Acid) is the best on the market and I must admit I agree. We are going to use Eve Taylor only probably from January.

Good luck in all cases.

Sandra X

Hi Lucy,

Do you know Eve Taylor have an advanced cosmeceutical range? We offer Environ and Eve Taylor and I must admit we get very similar results using both brands. Eve Taylor is by no means a pampering brand ONLY. Unbelievable value for money and our therapists are continuously told by our customers that the Eve Taylor Hydrating Serum (Hyaluronic Acid) is the best on the market and I must admit I agree. We are going to use Eve Taylor only probably from January.

Good luck in all cases.

Sandra X

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your input. [emoji4]That's great to hear you are having such good success with Eve Taylor. I didn't realise Eve Taylor had a cosmeceutical line. Do your clients prefer it to Environ then, if you are phasing environ out? I by all means don't think Eve Taylor are just for pampering, I understand client's do get results and it lends it self well to including machines in facials. Do they do any chemical peels? As this is something I hope to offer.

Many thanks

Lucy x

Hi Lucy,

After performing a consultation and recommending the correct products any client that has tried Eve Taylor coming from Environ has been very pleased with the products and even happier with the pricing. The price difference is significant and we have a much more regular repeat business with Eve Taylor. We would be a mid/highend salon/clinic.

S x

I find that while most of our clients are happy to have environ facials there are a few that just want that whole lovely aroma massage thing, and that and the fact that you can’t use vitamin a products on certain clients, is why I stock 2 brands.

I sell a lot of environ, and carry a lot of stock. The IIAA brands have made my business. We are now a high end ‘gold’ IIAA salon but when I took on the brand I was on my own in a rented room.

Last year, retail made up one third of my takings which were over £150,000 so I wouldn’t personally look at another brand!

You have to look at what your offering and why. I started out with thalgo and really liked the products but couldn’t really explain what made them better than anything else. I can do that with environ.

Vic x

I find that while most of our clients are happy to have environ facials there are a few that just want that whole lovely aroma massage thing, and that and the fact that you can’t use vitamin a products on certain clients, is why I stock 2 brands.

I sell a lot of environ, and carry a lot of stock. The IIAA brands have made my business. We are now a high end ‘gold’ IIAA salon but when I took on the brand I was on my own in a rented room.

Last year, retail made up one third of my takings which were over £150,000 so I wouldn’t personally look at another brand!

You have to look at what your offering and why. I started out with thalgo and really liked the products but couldn’t really explain what made them better than anything else. I can do that with environ.

Vic x

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I would love to stock Environ, it's high on my list but the jest I have from other threads is I wouldn't be able to afford a brand like that unfortunately. Maybe one day. [emoji4]

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I would love to stock Environ, it's high on my list but the jest I have from other threads is I wouldn't be able to afford a brand like that unfortunately. Maybe one day. [emoji4]
@Birdbrain my reply wasn’t (just) to extol the virtues of environ, but to explain the reason I have two brands. I really only retail one. My point is more about being able to explain to your clientele WHY you have x brand. If you take on Eve Taylor is it because after extensive research you really feel it will hit the spot with your clients skin concerns or is it because it’s cheaper than alumier? I don’t know if it is, I’m just asking the question.

You are your brand. Clients come to accept that we know what their skin needs and listen when we tell them that x product is great. The feedback on ET seems to be excellent as is the price point. Alumier is the new(ish) kid on the block. I’ve not used their products and you’ll probably get a lot less feedback because of their relative newness. A skincare range is a bit part of your business so don’t rush it.

Vic x

Would someone mind sending me pm on Alumier start up cost? I have contacted rep last week but no response. I am keen to see if it is within my budget!

Alumier is really affordable - you will be best contacting AlumierMD U.K. Head office for more details or if you haven't heard from them yet. Alumier is more for skin peels over any other treatment. I'd wait for details as since I took them on last year opening packages may have change etc

Many thanks beautyxperts

Latest posts

Back