Always struggle to lift hair past orange/gold

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamylocks

Reaction score
Help I always have this problem when lifting my clients hair... I know it can be done as I see other hair dressers achieve this..

Typical example way last night. Previous balayage client has had toner and tints of 5/73 on roots 7/1 on minds and 8/1 on ends...

So I was thinking yeah I can lift her up fine. Mixed wella blondor with 6% painting on weaved out sections in vs placed in foils. 1 hour later the mI'd shaft is still gold orange. Ends did lift but still I'm not happy.

My bleach consistency was like yogurt say and I never try use any higher than 6%. Now I'm thinking maybe I should?? Only thing I can think also is it was quote cold in the room. What am I doing wrong o feel like this always happens to me ????

It mightn't be you. This client could've had a lot of build up of colour previously.

Did you measure your bleach?

If you use higher than 6% it'll be even warmer.

I did measure the bleach out... Also I started this lady last year she had dark red box dye build up then. So last year it did have a bleach bath then a break, then balayage painted got to about a 7.1 on the mid lenghts and ends... breack then agaik to a 8.1.Then we just toned thr ends and applied root colours the past two appointments. So I was hoping this time it would lift as it's only got a level 7.1 tint on tge mid shafts .

So after a lengthy application I ended applying a 7.13 in rusk yet again .

I did measure the bleach out... Also I started this lady last year she had dark red box dye build up then. So last year it did have a bleach bath then a break, then balayage painted got to about a 7.1 on the mid lenghts and ends... breack then agaik to a 8.1.Then we just toned thr ends and applied root colours the past two appointments. So I was hoping this time it would lift as it's only got a level 7.1 tint on tge mid shafts .

So after a lengthy application I ended applying a 7.13 in rusk yet again .

Did you use welloxon developer?

No I didn't is that a big factor you think cams ??

Yes. You need to use the dedicated developer to achieve the best and most reliable results.

Ok I will try this from now on... are there any other tips you can give regarding bleaching hair. What to expect and when to know it's stopped working??

Ok I will try this from now on... are there any other tips you can give regarding bleaching hair. What to expect and when to know it's stopped working??

Bleach doesn't stop working it only slows down, keeping it moist will keep it working fast.

i feel like i have this problem too actually and i use schwarscoft bleach and lightener which leaves the hair in fab condition but it never seeems to lift as much a desired

Only my opinion but my clients that are more resistant to lift I use a slightly thicker mixture. Works for me

The only bleach I've ever known to actually stop working is silklift control, blondor & vario will keep going forever, the client just has colour build up, you can either re foil or tone. You can never guarantee your result when lifting out colour

The only bleach I've ever known to actually stop working is silklift control, blondor & vario will keep going forever, the client just has colour build up, you can either re foil or tone. You can never guarantee your result when lifting out colour

You took the words out of my mouth. It's the color build up. Try a color reducer next time. Then the bleach won't have to use all its gas eating through that.

You took the words out of my mouth. It's the color build up. Try a color reducer next time. Then the bleach won't have to use all its gas eating through that.
It is always people with dark thick hair, ginger hair or asian hair it seems! ..

What ratio are you mixing it?
1 scoop to 60g 20vol.. on the box it says 1 scoop to 50-90g....this is blondeme..
maybe I should try blondor? people seem to rate it?

or try using foils more? been using meches just cause I wanted to try them?

1 scoop to 60g 20vol.. on the box it says 1 scoop to 50-90g....this is blondeme..
maybe I should try blondor? people seem to rate it?

or try using foils more? been using meches just cause I wanted to try them?

The lifting power of blondme is definitely a lot faster than blondor but blondor is much more gentle. Using foils will provide for a faster and more powerful process because the heat is kept in!

Latest posts

Back